Vendor directory

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Vendor directory

I had an idea this morning that a "Vendor Directory" would be very useful. I've done a first stab at implementing it. You'll find two entry points:

The features include a five-star voting widget so that over time we can collectively decide which vendor is the best.

At this moment comments are permitted on a Vendor listing. It seems to be a good idea but can imagine a couple arguments to not allow comments. Obviously our comments about a vendor can be very helpful e.g. to steer people away from bad ones or towards good ones. On the other hand it's possible to spam a vendor listing with skewed comments.

One question is whether to list Vendor's in the Recent Posts page. At this moment they are listed.

Comments? Ideas?

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Vendor directory

BTW - part of what I want to do is to move the extensive list of vendors I've made on 7gen.com over here. That list should be more useful over here, should inspire y'all to add to it, etc. In full disclosure I do use those links to build the search engine on evsearch.net ...

Another reason is that there's a list of vendors we routinely share with one another but the links are buried in the discussions. That makes it hard to find the links. Hopefully it will be more useful as its own section of the site.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage