Vectrix Battery cables - recall?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spaceangel
Vectrix Battery cables - recall?

I was do searches on cable for my scooter and Vectrix recall showed up! It came up on Alibaba site. I don't ride my bike far or long or hard so I figure it is OK but still am curious of this--->http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/101182567/Vectrix_Scooter_Recall_Notice_Battery_Cables.html
Either cut and paste or it might turn in to link?

moccasin
moccasin's picture
Re: Vectrix Battery cables - recall?

Unless you bought an 07 model early on and never took it back, it has already been fixed. They fixed all the ones still at the factory and fixed all the ones at the dealers before they ever got sold. I bought an 07 model in July of 08 and it was already fixed. I think the recall was around May or June of 08. Someone else might know more specifics on the time frame.

Mik
Mik's picture

One interesting question here: What if a dealer was selling VX-1's which have not had the battery rework done?

Would this be a (criminal) offense, or is anything allowed under the "as is, no warranty" banner?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Wildfire

That would be exactly my question.. My bike is one of those "as is; no warranty" bikes bought "new" off of a dealer floor.. The firmware had certainly not been updated so I wouldn't be surprised at all if the recall hadn't been performed. In fact, perhaps this is exactly why the batteries on my '07 took their first charge as well as they did; are these bikes kept "unplugged" while initially crated, only getting their slow-drain computer plugged in once the scoot is unpackaged at the dealership?

I wonder if there is a registry somewhere to find out if my bike has had its warranty recall work done. I would think, bankruptcy or no, Vectrix would be on the hook for recall work, but I admit there's the question of where would the money come from. I'm thinking of waiting until the "60-day post application" process gets sorted through with New Vectrix before seeing what the new owners would be able to find out in the records..

Mik
Mik's picture

Unless you bought an 07 model early on and never took it back, it has already been fixed. They fixed all the ones still at the factory and fixed all the ones at the dealers before they ever got sold. I bought an 07 model in July of 08 and it was already fixed. I think the recall was around May or June of 08. Someone else might know more specifics on the time frame.

Sorry, that can be incorrect!
I bought a 2008 model in Dec 2007. Then it was replaced under warranty against another 2008 model in about March 2008. The recall occurred later.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Jim Knopf

Interesting Question Mik, I would say if a dealer has not followed up the recall from Vectrix and goes ahead and sells a VX1 without the recall work done, than he is liable for the damage
which could happen to driver and bike. I would assume so!
In general I think that all the bikes out there had they recall done, but I am more than concerned that the bikes from Ebay Australia had this service!

Martina Engels

Jim Knopf

Interesting Question Mik, I would say if a dealer has not followed up the recall from Vectrix and goes ahead and sells a VX1 without the recall work done, than he is liable for the damage
which could happen to driver and bike. I would assume so!
In general I think that all the bikes out there had they recall done, but I am more than concerned that the bikes from Ebay Australia had this service!

Martina Engels

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage