xb-500 Lights and horn no longer work where is the fuse for these?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
krig
xb-500 Lights and horn no longer work where is the fuse for these?

I was riding in a light rain with my lights on and tried using horn. The lights shut off and horn no longer worked. I took almost all of the panels off and tried to find the fuse for the lights which i assumed was the problem but I cannot locate any fuse but the 30amp for the main power. Can anyone tell me where the light/horn fuse is located?

marylandbob
Re: xb-500 Lights and horn no longer work where is the fuse ...

I do not know where your fuse might be, but apparently you have a short in the horn, or its wiring, or possibly a poor connection to the lighting/horn circuit, as it is apparent that extra current, drawn when you activated the horn, triggered the failure. Is everything stock, or have alterations been made? (If your horn and lights are operating on 12 volts, you could have a failed D.C. to D.C. converter. I had one fail on a small "Pantera" scooter, the converter was under the floorboard area, beneath a small access panel)--Bob

Robert M. Curry

krig

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I know very little about these things. Everything on the scooter is stock. I removed the panels and checked all wiring I could see, didn't see anthing that looked 'fried', checked all connections to be sure they were tight. I have nothing under floor panel except battery pack, the only thing I found that could be it, is located with the mass wiring behind dash panel...looks like one of the old time capacitors in a car. all conections are good. I don't have much cash to narrow a short down..is there a way to rewire power to lights or run them from an extra battery? Thanks again for your help.
Dan

Spaceangel

It is most likely the DC-DC as Bob said. The XB-500 has the converter under the headlight area. It has a three pin plug with a red wire a yellow wire and a black wire. It converter a 36 volt to 60 volt signal into 12 volts for lights and horn and blinkers. It might be under floor mat or any where but your scooter has one. They are 40 bucks from Alpha products and 50 bucks on eBay every now and then. I am using a 12 volt battery till I get my bike working up to snuff. PS there is a fuse on wires from converter. I doubt it if that blew. They just go south for no reason or H2O reasons. Most people find out water and electricity don't quite mix.
Rusty

KB1UKU

hguido1

but your scooter has one.

Could actually not have a dc converter, some of these bike came with 48v bulbs and horns. If that is the case there will be no dc converter up under the dash of the bike. I would look up front behind headlamps. If it's there it will be a small box with three wires. If you search x-treme site you will see that some of the 500's had a 48v headlamp. Which means no dc converter. Try to get a copy of the wiring schematic for your bike.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage