Throttle limiter for xb-600 running at 72v

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
hguido1
Throttle limiter for xb-600 running at 72v

I would like to limit the top speed of my bike for various reasons. I am running an aftermarket 72v controller. With this controller I can reach a top speed of 29mph but I can't run it below 72v and the gray wire circuit doesnt work with the aftermarket controller. So I am thinking this might work to limit top speed. If I hookup a spdt push button switch with the com connected to the green signal wire from the throttle. Connect the top of a pot to one of the switches poles, the bottom of the pot connected to ground and the wiper connected back to the controllers green throttle wire. I would also connect the other switches pole back to the controllers green throttle wire. This would allow me to turn the pot up or down and vary the signal to control the speed. I could use a fixed resistor as well but I am not sure of the resistance it would need to be in order to control the top speed of the bike. When I move the switch to the other pole it would receive a full 5v throttle signal to the controller since the pot would be by passed.

Their is a pot circuit in the bike's throttle circuit already as discovered by sixpax2k9 but it will not slow the bike enough for me and I have no way to control it. I would leave it in the circuit and turn it up to reduce the resistance. I actually have it up now so it is no longer doing anything to reduce the top speed of the bike. Does this all sound like it would work?

Thanks for all the help I am getting with this project.

hguido1
Re: Throttle limiter for xb-600 running at 72v

Here is a rough idea of the circuit.

scan0007.jpg

hguido1

I don't think the circuit above will work now that I look at it. It looks like their would be voltage on the pot wiper when I go to bypass it. Maybe this will work.

scan0008.jpg

Your thoughts please?

hguido1

The Throttle circuit to limit the top speed works perfect. I have it set to limit the top speed to 18mph and when I turn off the circuit it goes back to the original top speed of 29mph. I used a 50k linear pot in the circuit above but I think you could get away with a 10k pot. I installed a red micro switch from radioshack in one of the screw holes under the dash. You can't even notice it unless you are really looking.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage