VUK - RIP?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
michaelt
VUK - RIP?

I’ve noticed that Winged Racer aka Doug Townley is now signing his posts

“Former Technical Supervisor,
Vectrix Europe”.

Also earlier this week Steve Scott emailed to say he was finishing as a Vectrix employee on the 6th of November. Presumably not voluntarily.

Thus ends the saga of the two guys in a shed in the South of England.

Maybe their continued employment was a cynical move by Vectrix to enhance value during the sale proceedings, certainly their being laid off (one assumes) before the new owners are announced would support that theory. Who knows.

Anyway thanks guys for your support, and humour, over the last couple of months. Good luck in the future and keep on the forum.

winged_racer
Re: VUK - RIP?

Thanks for your comments and good wishes!

Yes it is true the Vectrix Technical Centre is now unstaffed as sadly, Monday 2nd November was our last day. That doesn't mean there will not be any future posts from us or whatever assistance that can be given though. I for one am happy to answer any messages sent to me through this site or the VUK owners site on Yahoo!

I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking to so many customers and dealers throughout the UK and Europe and hope that New Vectrix, whoever they may be, continue to provide the support everyone justly deserves.

In the meantime I continue to search for new employment hopefully in the EV market. It may difficult though as my resume will have to show that I was 1/2 of a team of 2 guys working from a shed! If anyone has any work related suggestions or offers, please pass them along!! I really don't want to go back to being a giggolo LOL Ha! Ha! Ha!

Best regards to all of you!

Doug Townley
info.DTES [at] gmail.com

(Formerly Vectrix Europe Technical Supervisor)

One door closes, another door opens

michaelt

Well here in NZ (formerly known as the colonies) we have a lot of respect for sheds and those who work in them, so would be happy to give a reference.....

sparker

Hi Doug

Damn sorry to hear about your current predicament and wish all of you all the best for the future. I have no idea if there is anything BUT have a look at the link http://www.emotivelondon.co.uk/index/home

You never know.....

Scott

R
R's picture

Doug, I'm terribly sorry, you both did a great job in Vectrix. Hope you'll soon find another EV job.

marcopolo

Let me join the chorus of those valiant Vectrix fans who admired your dedication to the cause of Vectrix and EV development. It gives me no pleasure to learn that such a valuable store of knowledge and dedication will no longer be available to Vectrix owners.

Well done guys, I am sure that you both would prove a valuable asset to any UK EV manufacturer, and will find an interesting and fulfilling position very soon.

We all look forward to hearing from you, and wish you the best of luck in the near future.

marcopolo

Steve Scott

I would like to take this oportunity to say thank you for your comments and support over the past months.
Personaly i am pleased we now have a conclusion to this as it dragged on far to long leaving owners ,dealers and other interested parties in limbo with little or no information.
Hopefully now you will get all of your questions answered reference what happens next.
I will still be on the forums and i know some of you have my contact details.
If I can be of any help in the future I will do what I can.

Regards

Steve Scott

Steve Scott

tom5007

Dear Doug, Dear Steve,

I am terribly sorry to hear how all has ended. But I am confident that here in the UK EV is booming and good people will be needed. If at any time you would need customers as a reference be assured you will find me and many others in this forum who would undoubtedly praise your qualities.

I wish you all the best and please let us know in case you open another shed for Vectrix servicing :-)

Norman

marylandbob

Although it seemed inevitable, I am saddened to hear that the UK shop is no more! If any of you (ex Vetrix UK) find yourselves near Washington, D.C. in the future, contact me for a free meal! Thanks for the assistance with the luggage box mounting parts that I needed! I wish you the best in the future.--Bob Curry, Adelphi, Maryland-USA

Robert M. Curry

RaDy
RaDy's picture

Thankyou Steve , thankyou Doug ,both of you were the only light in the darkness of Vectrix. We owners felt strong with your support and dedication. Its sad that New Vectrix (if intends to carry on the buissness) doesnt get hold of your experience in the VX1 and good relation with the clients.
Thanks again
RaDy

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Dear Doug, Dear Steve,

I am terribly sorry to hear how all has ended. But I am confident that here in the UK EV is booming and good people will be needed. If at any time you would need customers as a reference be assured you will find me and many others in this forum who would undoubtedly praise your qualities.

I wish you all the best and please let us know in case you open another shed for Vectrix servicing :-)

Norman

Since English isn't my native language, I can't express good enough how I feel, that's why I'm quoting above comment to tell, how I feel.

jmap
jmap's picture
Dear Doug, Dear Steve,

Norman

Since English isn't my native language, I can't express good enough how I feel, that's why I'm quoting above comment to tell, how I feel.

That make us two! Good luck!

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage