end of my vectrix ?

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
jurba
end of my vectrix ?

Hi,
this evening I took my vectrix for a short 5 km trip .
I started with a full batt .
I rod without a problem until I arrived home , at the gate I switched the vec off to open the gate.
then I switched the vec on and noticed the batt ligth had lit on .
then I headed home (a big hill) and noticed the energy gauge was empty ...
in front of my house I checked voltage : 137 volts ...
it is reacharging at the time ... but I thing the pack is fuched .... after 15.000 km without a shadow of a problem ....
bizzare .
regards
jean mi

AndY1
AndY1's picture
Re: end of my vectrix ?

Did you notice any less power? If not, the read battery telltale also represents if one battery sensor senses more that 15°C over the average of other sensors.

Or it may only be a glitch. It's strange, that the battery telltale would lit after you switched it back on, and before it was ok.

jurba

Did you notice any less power?

+++++no power reduction ....

If not, the read battery telltale also represents if one battery sensor senses more that 15°C over the average of other sensors.

+++++ it has charged and then went up to 152 volts, then transition mode ... then I am going to bed ((((-:

Or it may only be a glitch. It's strange, that the battery telltale would lit after you switched it back on, and before it was ok.

++++ the cc charge after the incident only lasted 30' but there are only 4 bars at 149 v (voltage read during the transition mode ) during the cc charge the Amperage was only 10 amps as when I charge after a small ride .... strange ....
I'll phone the dealer tomorrow .... and let U know .... strange

good night ... well end of week end if you are on the other side of the ocean .

regards

jean my

vectrixhoper

Magendanz
Magendanz's picture

If you notice reduced power and possibly a "buSULt" warning, I'd guess you blew a cell. Of course, that's with the latest firmware update, and I can't say how older revisions might have behaved.

If it's just one or two bad cells, you can shunt them with a bit of aluminum or copper bus bar.

Mik
Mik's picture

You might have a poor (=loose) connection at the battery terminals, inside the battery or at the bolts where the cables attach to the MC board.

That would lead to a massive voltage drop under load, which looks like an empty battery to the software. It has therefore decided to set the SOC at 0% (a BALPOR, but in this case a wrong one!).

Now it will try to force current into the already full battery, causing the voltage to rise to the cutoff level (about 151V) without the bars being anywhere near full. A "recharge after BALPOR", search VisforVoltage for it for details.

But most likely it is a simple software glitch, without a loose connection.

You might be able to fix it by riding until the battery is actualy empty, then recharge.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

jurba

You might have a poor (=loose) connection at the battery terminals, inside the battery or at the bolts where the cables attach to the MC board.

That would lead to a massive voltage drop under load, which looks like an empty battery to the software. It has therefore decided to set the SOC at 0% (a BALPOR, but in this case a wrong one!).

Now it will try to force current into the already full battery, causing the voltage to rise to the cutoff level (about 151V) without the bars being anywhere near full. A "recharge after BALPOR", search VisforVoltage for it for details.

You might be able to fix it by riding until the battery is actualy empty, then recharge.

after charge (3h30) the vec shows half bars @ 145 v ... bizzare it seems , I'll test the vec this evening .
regards
jean mi

vectrixhoper

AndY1
AndY1's picture

I agree. Drive it until it's empty. If everything's ok, than you should be able to drive it further than just 0 bars, aprox. that much further, than the battery count you're missing.

jurba

I agree. Drive it until it's empty. If everything's ok, than you should be able to drive it further than just 0 bars, aprox. that much further, than the battery count you're missing.

Well I'll do a test this evening cause I took my car to come workin .
regards
jean mi

vectrixhoper

jurba

Hi All,
I spoke to my dealer, it appears to be a classicle problem .
in fact the gauge is not well calibrated anymore .
when I have 0 bars the vec has still 138 volts and it still working perfect ...
So I have to empty it monitoring the voltage stoping the bike and using the kill switch .... until the voltage has arrived to the minimum .
when the vec will recharge all the bars will be back again ....

I will try this evening ... but it will take me 2 hours .... at 40 km/hour .... I need to charge a couple of good podcasts on my Ipod ...

appart from this the guy told me that their vectrix adventure was a catastrophy .... I am one of the only one still ridding the vectrix ....

there is so far no insurrance that the batt pack warranties will be honored ...

they have ordered packs from the polish factory (5000 euros) paid but received nothing...

they have had no spares, the only thing they can do is taking parts on the vecs they still have in stock ....

this a real nigthmare in fact ....

anyway ...

regards

jean mi

vectrixhoper

AndY1
AndY1's picture
RaDy
RaDy's picture

Jurba, didnt you mention that you never needed to drain the Battery untill the red warning appeared? It has been suggested that it should be done once a month. In my case also, i dont need to drain it to the end but since i experienced the "gauge Calibrating" symptoms , i now do the calibration at least once every 2 months and what i have discovered is that my range is higer by 5-10km. Only that is a good reason enough to Calibrate the Gauge.
Cheers! you seem to have a good working VX-1 !
Now our awaited Lithium pack seems to be on the way :)

jurba

Jurba, didnt you mention that you never needed to drain the Battery untill the red warning appeared? It has been suggested that it should be done once a month. In my case also, i dont need to drain it to the end but since i experienced the "gauge Calibrating" symptoms , i now do the calibration at least once every 2 months and what i have discovered is that my range is higer by 5-10km. Only that is a good reason enough to Calibrate the Gauge.
Cheers! you seem to have a good working VX-1 !
Now our awaited Lithium pack seems to be on the way :)

Hi Rady and all,
I have just ridden 75 km/h in a fairly hilly terrain at 40/65 km/h finished by a very hard ascent between the gate and my house.
It was really funny .
I started with half the bargraph minus one bar, the last bar lasted 20 km .... then the bat light lit up and I had to wait for an other 15km for the vec started not to be able togo faster then 50km .
I parked and plugged the vec at 119 volts .
the guy at vectrix monaco told me the same then you saying that it was difficult for the electronics to determine the soc ....he says the vec don't only take in account the voltage but also the Amperage output history.
it seems that my vec did not die yesterday, good news .... I hope it will survive long enough to get a lithium pack .
thanks to al for the support .
regards
jean mi

vectrixhoper

Jonathanm

Hi Jean-Mi,
I'm glad that it seems your bike is ok. I was in Auto Concept today and they said that they will be restarting up with parts and everything early in the new year so it seems we will all have support again down here in Monaco soon. They did not know anything about our guarantees though.

I too recently had some strange issues - they seem to fixing themselves now and my range is almost back to where it was before.

Good luck!

jurba

Hi Jean-Mi,
I'm glad that it seems your bike is ok. I was in Auto Concept today and they said that they will be restarting up with parts and everything early in the new year so it seems we will all have support again down here in Monaco soon. They did not know anything about our guarantees though.

I too recently had some strange issues - they seem to fixing themselves now and my range is almost back to where it was before.

Good luck!

Hi Jonathan,
thanks for your support, this morning the vec is still charging (end of an equalization charge), all the bars are back this time .
seems that I hadn't deep discharged this bike often enough
glad to learn that there is an other Vec user on the cote d'azur, I only knew one in Cannes so far .
here is my email in case we can exchange a couple of Emails jurbaatclub-internet.fr the at between jurba and club-intetnet.fr is a @ of course but I don't want to write it and get millions of spams
The guys at autokoncept are very very nice people.
regards
jean mi

vectrixhoper

Mik
Mik's picture

Hi Jonathan,
thanks for your support, this morning the vec is still charging (end of an equalization charge), all the bars are back this time .
seems that I hadn't deep discharged this bike often enough...

I do not believe that what happened to your Vectrix is a "classical problem", nor that it had anything to do with not discharging it deeply.

I believe the software had some sort of hiccup and got suddenly confused about the SOC, and then it declared your battery to be empty when it still had over 137V or so. The battery was still quite full!

The only "classical" part in it all is that the dealer gave a standard explanation involving some sort of: "The customer must have done something wrong..."!!!

jurba

Hi Jonathan,
seems that I hadn't deep discharged this bike often enough...

I do not believe that what happened to your Vectrix is a "classical problem", nor that it had anything to do with not discharging it deeply.

I believe the software had some sort of hiccup and got suddenly confused about the SOC, and then it declared your battery to be empty when it still had over 137V or so. The battery was still quite full!

The only "classical" part in it all is that the dealer gave a standard explanation involving some sort of: "The customer must have done something wrong..."!!!

Hi,
you may be rigth,
what the dealer told me very nicely is not that I had done something wrong not doing enough deep discharges, I had not told him so .
he just honestly told me that this problem was recurrent among the dozens of vecs they had solded in monaco .
this reading the different posts and doing my own interpretations of both what I observed and what I read that I came to the conclusion that the problem was classicle and linked to a lack of deep discharges .
howerver my last deep discharge had been performed the week before the occurence of this problem , so as a matter of fact I mabye faced a program glitch rather then a classical problem, I don't know .
as we are not in the machine we will never know .
on the other hand you are true when saying dealers in general always try to make one hold the responsability of the vehicles failures... not only in EVs world but all the vehicle sellers are the same when it is time to replace parts ...
as for autoconcept they never said to me anything wrong , the only thing they said is that they had solded a lot of vectrix too companies and that the user's don't pay attention to the vectrix ridding if capacities maximum burning a lot of packs .
anyway drop me an email if you get a chance so that we can speak about our vectrix problem, and maybe one day organise a meeting with a couple of vectrix ower's at a local pub .
regards
jean mi

vectrixhoper

Mik
Mik's picture

howerver my last deep discharge had been performed the week before the occurence of this problem , so as a matter of fact I mabye faced a program glitch rather then a classical problem, I don't know .

Exactly! This is unusual, because we have never heard of it on VisforVoltage. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

The "classical" problem due to insufficient deep discharges does not cause a sudden (false) drop to zero charge level at 137V.

Instead, it is characterized by an empty battery (= low actual voltage and no charge in the battery), whilst the display still shows (falsely) remaining charge. Then, the rider suddenly faces the BALPOR ("Battery Low POint Reset" or disappearing bars syndrome).

But in the classical case the battery is actually empty, and your battery was full.

jurba

Exactly! This is unusual, because we have never heard of it on VisforVoltage. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

The "classical" problem due to insufficient deep discharges does not cause a sudden (false) drop to zero charge level at 137V.

Instead, it is characterized by an empty battery (= low actual voltage and no charge in the battery), whilst the display still shows (falsely) remaining charge. Then, the rider suddenly faces the BALPOR ("Battery Low POint Reset" or disappearing bars syndrome).

But in the classical case the battery is actually empty, and your battery was full.

Well, I'll bring the scooter back to my dealer for regular service anyway,
but I think he won't be able to trace the problem .
this morning I have use my vectric for my usual commute and arrived at work (31 km) with half bars plus 2 as usual .
so aparently all is ok ... we will see .
regards
and thank to all for support
regards
jean mi

vectrixhoper

R
R's picture

One year ago I was riding my vectrix in the middle of a high-way, with 15 bars in the gauge. I looked at the display and suddently all bars dissappeared. I really got scared, but my vectrix went by the rest of the 20 km trip without any problem, showing 0 km range all time.
It's a computer. Sometimes this things happens. Luckily Vectrix does not use Windows mobile as OS.;-)

jurba

One year ago I was riding my vectrix in the middle of a high-way, with 15 bars in the gauge. I looked at the display and suddently all bars dissappeared. I really got scared, but my vectrix went by the rest of the 20 km trip without any problem, showing 0 km range all time.
It's a computer. Sometimes this things happens. Luckily Vectrix does not use Windows mobile as OS.;-)

I feel less lonely so .

vectrixhoper

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage