For sale, 1990 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6 Electric conversion

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
kcsimcoe
For sale, 1990 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6 Electric conversion

Here is my ebay link to my bike for sale, there are many pictures here but I can certainly email more if anyone is interested in specific areas. I can be reached at chrissimcoe [at] yahoo.com for any questions

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX6-Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX-6-All-Electric-plug-in-Motorcycle_W0QQitemZ300369654215QQcmd...

For Sale is an ALL ELECTRIC Ninja sportbike!
yes! All electric, battery powered, NO engine noise, NO gas, NO oil, NO exhaust, just plug it in.

No warm ups just turn it on and go, perfect for the eco-conscious person or anyone wanting to avoid the pump

This is a 1990 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6, (600d) chassis that has been converted to be an electric motorcycle. The motorcycle was dissassembled, cleaned, painted and reassembled with all electric components instead of the engine.

This would make a perfect vehicle for anyone who lives close to work, or an excellent Christmas present for that college student to get around campus and look super cool doing it, or just a neighborhood grocery-getter.

It is super fun to ride and would actually be an excellent starter motorcycle for a beginner, it's easy to handle and you don't have all that distracting engine noise and clutch work, so you can focus on learning how to ride in traffic, intersections, stop lights etc...

Currently it has a Missouri inspection sticker from September 2009 and is registered and licensed in Missouri, I have the title in hand and it is clean and clear with no liens against it.

The frame had about 18,300 miles on it before it was converted, the frame is straight and mechanically sound and all the plastic is

in great shape with no breaks or cracks.

Both tires are brand new with only about 50 miles on them.

The Batteries have only been discharged about 20 times, (they have a life of about 400 charges)

All factory components are fully functional including the front and rear brakes, turn signals, high/low beam headlight, horn, speedometer, odometer, keyswitch, cargo hooks and mirrors.

Specifications:

For Sale is an ALL ELECTRIC Ninja sportbike!
yes! All electric, battery powered, NO engine noise, NO gas, NO oil, NO exhaust, just plug it in.

No warm ups just turn it on and go, perfect for the eco-conscious person or anyone wanting to avoid the pump

This is a 1990 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6, (600d) chassis that has been converted to be an electric motorcycle. The motorcycle was dissassembled, cleaned, painted and reassembled with all electric components instead of the engine.

This would make a perfect vehicle for anyone who lives close to work, or an excellent Christmas present for that college student to get around campus and look super cool doing it, or just a neighborhood grocery-getter.

It is super fun to ride and would actually be an excellent starter motorcycle for a beginner, it's easy to handle and you don't have all that distracting engine noise and clutch work, so you can focus on learning how to ride in traffic, intersections, stop lights etc...

Currently it has a Missouri inspection sticker from September 2009 and is registered and licensed in Missouri, I have the title in hand and it is clean and clear with no liens against it.

The frame had about 18,300 miles on it before it was converted, the frame is straight and mechanically sound and all the plastic is

in great shape with no breaks or cracks.

Both tires are brand new with only about 50 miles on them.

The Batteries have only been discharged about 20 times, (they have a life of about 400 charges)

All factory components are fully functional including the front and rear brakes, turn signals, high/low beam headlight, horn, speedometer, odometer, keyswitch, cargo hooks and mirrors.

Specifications:

-Top Speed: about 52 mph as geared depending on windspeed and terrain
-Range: about 15 miles depending on terrain and riding habits
-Acceleration: adequate for traffic
-Charge time: 5-6 hours
-Motor: 72volt GE series wound DC
-Batteries: 6 x 12volt 35ah Power Sonic AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat)
-Controller: Alltrax AXE-7245 (Programmable and with data logging capability via USB cable)
-Charger: 72volt 8amp, plug comes out of gas cap and can be plugged in any standard outlet
-Contactor: Kilovac EV200 by Tycho Electric
-Main Fuse: 400 amp
-Battery cage and motor mount: welded angle and tube steel attached at four points to the frame and removable as a single subframe unit (good for reconfiguring with different batteries in the future)
-Weight: 422 lbs (47 lbs lighter than the factory weight)
-72v to 12v converter to run factory wiring harness

Features:

-PakTrakr display to show total pack voltage and individual battery voltages
-Motor controller can log data via USB cable for battery pack voltage, Motor current, Battery current and throttle position (the graph picture was made by importing the data to microsoft excel)
-Factory key switch enables contactor
-Neutral dash light wired to show contactor status
-Manual switch enables controller
-Sidestand switch linked to "interrupt" relay in contactor circuit
-Street legal, registered and insured in Missouri

I am a graduate student at the University of Kansas and I designed and built the entire system. The selection of components, design and assembly were all done by me and I can answer all questions about it. The winning bidder will be supplied with all paperwork on components, the electrical schematic of the additional electrical system plus the wiring and circuit schematic of the existing factory wiring harness and components (all internal combustion engine wires and circuits were removed and the harness rewrapped.)

The reason I am selling this is that I am in the military and will be moving overseas very soon to a "not so modern" location. Anywhere else in the states I would be taking it with me.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: For sale, 1990 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6 Electric conversion

That looks like a great build! I want to buy this bike (and put lithium in it) - however, I don't have the funds right now :-(

Good luck.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage