Light Electric Vehicle Association Seeking electric bike users and dealers/retailers to participate in 5 minute on-line survey

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
leva
Light Electric Vehicle Association Seeking electric bike users and dealers/retailers to participate in 5 minute on-line survey

The Light Electric Vehicle Association is seeking electric bike users and dealers/retailers to take a 5 minute on-line survey that will be emailed to you. We are polling people as to what are the most important factors in deciding to sell and/or purchase electric bikes, plus how they are being used. We will share the results with those who respond. Please email me at sidneyk [at] levassociation.com if you'd like to participate or use my VisForVoltage contact page. The survey will go out next week (12-7-09). Please also visit our website for lots of information on light electric vehicles www.levassociation.com. Thank you!

marylandbob
Re: Light Electric Vehicle Association Seeking electric bike ...

I am interested, as a VECTRIX owner, and I have sent you an E-mail.----------Bob Curry

Robert M. Curry

MikeB

Hi leva,

Are you thinking specifically of electric bicycles? Or are you looking for responses from users/dealers in the electric motorcycle and electric scooter realm as well?

My electric vehicle: CuMoCo C130 scooter.

procrastination inc
procrastination inc's picture

The following message to was undeliverable. The reason for the problem: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.7.0 your server is blacklisted'

leva

Thanks for your response. Yes, electric bicycles only at this time. If you would like to participate, please send me you email address. Thank you! Sid

www.levassociation.com, sidneyk [at] levassociation.com

leva

I am not sure why your response did not come through. If you would like to participate, please send me your email address to include in the survey (sidneyk [at] levassociation.com). Thank you!

leva

Hi Bob. Yes, I have received it. Thanks! Sid

MikeB

Hi again Sid,

If you're looking for electric bicycle users, there's another large group of them over at the Endless Sphere forums:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=3

My electric vehicle: CuMoCo C130 scooter.

leva

Thanks Mike! Good suggestion.

Sid

leva

Right now we are surveying electric bicycle user/dealers. In the future we will add electric scooters, but not larger electric motorcycles. Our interest is in vehicles weighing less than 200 pounds or so. Sid

marylandbob

As I see it, it looks like dividing the vehicle classes at/by weight, with a "200 pound" limit may not be ideal, at this time, because that creates a smaller group, and bigger groups get stronger representation. In light of that, perhaps considering including all vehicles with less than 4 wheels, with weight up to perhaps 800 pounds, that canb be recharged from a 15 ampere, 120 volt A.C. outlet, might be wise. I say this because many of the charging facilities proposed for larger vehicles fail to provide for/recognize the need for charging access by these smaller vehicles, and the required interface to utilize the higher-powered charging facilities can be excessively bulky and expensive for smaller vehicles such as bicycles, trikes, scooters, and motorcycles. We should all band together to be certain that the CAR/AUTOMOBILE group gives us consideration!--Perhaps after a few years, subdividing would be practical, but I feel it is a bad idea at this time, when infrastructure is in its early stages!-Bob Curry.

Robert M. Curry

leva

You make some really good points Bob, especially about bigger groups getting stronger representation. We'll discuss it. Thanks, Sid

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage