36v 500W controller

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
tezza
36v 500W controller

I purchased a new controller from Virtual-Village and no wiring diagram was supplied. The battery, motor, and throttle connections are obvious. Can anyone help me identify the remaining two wires? There is an extra thin wire on the battery plug and a single brown wire on a separate plug. If both of these wires were on the same plug I would assume they were the lock wires (switch).
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/72000024/Thumbs/236/tn3_2797411.jpg

RANDYSCOOT
Re: 36v 500W controller

GOT SAME PROBLEM DID YOU HAVE ANY LUCK WITH THE WIRES? I SHOULD OF PAID THE EXTRA FOR THE OTHER ONES SO MUCH FOR BIENG UNIVERSAL ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPECIATED.

leu4life

looks to me like the 4 slotted prong would go to the throttle although im used to seein more than just one wire in it and the 3 slotted prong would go to the power switch to turn off/on

youngsoulrebel

Could be the recharge leads. These are used to allow the battery to be charged when you use the brakes.

eva-michael
eva-michael's picture

Better ask the seller. They cant have no info. Especially some controllers have some operation to set the controller to suit the motor and battery.

www.evassemble.com all for EVs
If you are finding ev parts, this will be a website deserves your visit.

electric_motorc...
electric_motorcycle_china's picture

if you need help you can contact our technician,,we are a factory in china , produce motor and controller.

shayne

Through taking a risk after the seller (virtual village) failed to provide the details, i decided to sacrifice one of two i purchased (who is going to send them back to china?)

The bottom red wire in the battery plug also needs power. Goes to a capacitor on the board and powers up one of the driver chips. Then the other circuit is opened, I guess it's designed as an 'on' switch and perhaps has something to do with the throttle/brake/on-off switch the controller is designed to go with.

The brown wire is apparently for the brake- though this might assume the other brake wire is grounded (along with the controller).

I don't know why the bother even putting plugs on them like this, one-to-one would be more useful as you invariably need to change them all anyway.

Good for the price, but buy from a different seller and insist they provide the wiring diagram before committing. virtual-village just say "plug to handlebar". The other suggestion was to pay an electrical engineer more than the units are worth to tell me what is what. A joke.

For the sake of a sheet of paper or a link to the wiring diagram I won't spend money with this seller again! silly mistake

shayne

totally rubbish product from virtualvillage. don't buy from virtualvillage you will be disappointed. they just lie.

jdnimmo

Through taking a risk after the seller (virtual village) failed to provide the details, i decided to sacrifice one of two i purchased (who is going to send them back to china?)

The bottom red wire in the battery plug also needs power. Goes to a capacitor on the board and powers up one of the driver chips. Then the other circuit is opened, I guess it's designed as an 'on' switch and perhaps has something to do with the throttle/brake/on-off switch the controller is designed to go with.

The brown wire is apparently for the brake- though this might assume the other brake wire is grounded (along with the controller).

I don't know why the bother even putting plugs on them like this, one-to-one would be more useful as you invariably need to change them all anyway.

Good for the price, but buy from a different seller and insist they provide the wiring diagram before committing. virtual-village just say "plug to handlebar". The other suggestion was to pay an electrical engineer more than the units are worth to tell me what is what. A joke.

For the sake of a sheet of paper or a link to the wiring diagram I won't spend money with this seller again! silly mistake

I got caught out by the same thing through virtual village and had no joy when i asked for wiring/directions.

I found a similar key to another chinese made controller with the same colours and they came in as

amber/light brown AND blue connect to motor
The thick black and red go to the battery via a 10amp fuse
The thin red wire in the set of three goes via the keylock and back to the battery
And the three wire connector is the throttle connector

.......I have a different colour scheme on the throttle grip to the wiring loom to the speed controller and another going into the speed controller! Those crazy chinese! Anyway I am going to assume that since the connectors are all the same shape connecting them up the only way they fit wont do any damage......

wish me luck, tomorrow is when i turn the key!!

jdnimmo

Oh well that didnt work.

Using a multi meter I am getting around 39 Volts at the motor leads from the controller and at 10Amp setting measuring the current I see 0.16

I think either the controller is fubar or I am not connecting the single blue and brown wires correctly -someone give me a hint!! Im a complete novice at wiring!!!!!

throttle has no effect and shorting the wires on the throttle connection doesnt the thing into life. I can hear a feint buzz if I connect the motor up to the wires when live but no action even if I pedal start it.

shayne

hi there, i did have a similar problem where the throttle wiring were different colours than the controller, but did solve (different controller). unfortunately i won't get a chance to have a look for another two weeks as i'm o/s. happy to send you details if you don't solve otherwise.

you definately have the same voltage on the thin red wire in the battery plug as the main red wire? I just shorted these two together....

if you can post pic's of your wiring problem i might be able to help more. btw- what motor are you using?

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage