Winter storage of my XM-5000Li

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
proempiet
Winter storage of my XM-5000Li

After my scooter was standing still for 1,5 months I decided to put the scooter in winterstorage in the garage of my mom.
Before riding it I measured the cells and the where all 3,354 volt. So not using the scooter seems to balance all the cells!

Does anybody now whats the best way to keep the battery in perfect condition????
In the garage it can and will freeze (-10).

I now have 3901,6 Km on the speedometer and used 236,7 Kwh on power.

antiscab
Re: Winter storage of my XM-5000Li

the best way is to manually disconnect the battery pack from the controller and other loads.
removing one interconnect will be sufficient (doens't mater which one).

is the 236.7kwh measured at the powerpoint?
if so, that is far better than what i get from my Vectrix (you seem to get 60wh/km, where as i get 105wh/km).

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

proempiet

The power is measured from the 220Volt powercable connected to the powersupply with this device http://www.my-messgeraet.com/jtlshop/index.php?a=475&lang=eng

XM-5000li like scooter (top speed gps 938 Km/h max range (XM-5000Li speedometer) 87,6 )

antiscab

well wonders never cease,

thats exactly the same unit i use.

i package mine into a clear waterproof box, in the middle of an extension lead.

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

dons

You can also flip the circuit breaker under the seat to OFF in order to disconnect the pack.

randalson

Hi there -

New to the forum.

Considering an XM-5000Li and would appreciate a summary of your riding and maintenance experiences so far. Thanks!

proempiet

I changed the main circuit breaker it jump out for no reason.
When I put it in storage the turnlights blinked verry quick have to sort that out!

But I haven been driving it with a lot of fun and with no further trouble in the Netherlands.

XM-5000li like scooter (top speed gps 938 Km/h max range (XM-5000Li speedometer) 87,6 )

kevin smith
kevin smith's picture

Electric bikes/ scooters should be used all the time.

Therefor get the most of the ev.s / Outdoors ..

i would.t dream of winter storage ... yeh the odd day hear and there if its really bad ice .

i had this but just/ tried to be really careful out the ..as i try to do...!!

But now i do mention this 3 day's ago i was out riding my pride and joy to work ..VECTRIX

well, a Leaner driver shot out accross the main road in front of me.

I was doing aprox 35/8 in a 40mph zone and instantley applied the regen ooooooooooooooohhhhh no.. that's not enough !! So plan b was need and i knew i didn't have time to pull the front break..

So decided to pull the back break at same time as the regen inuse so if you out there know the v this is bad idea as road was on the greasey side /wet

And the inevitable happend the rear wheel locked up and i was aproching this car really quick and sidways on o god am gonna be in hospital i thought .but in a fraction of a second i reliced the rear break and the

Rear wheel crancked in to motion and amied my scooter more towards the back of the car then slowley started to sit the scooter up and regain

my balance and then point the scooter to the front of the car and managed to miss it yeh .my hart must of been doing 200 bpm wow .

i was glad to be alive i didn't bother to thank the silly so so driver /instructor.. tut tut . i was in just get to work mode and sit down and get a cuppa ..
kev

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage