I'm having trouble sourcing parts.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Persona Non-Grata
I'm having trouble sourcing parts.

I'm having trouble sourcing parts and electronic components (individual transistors, diodes, etc...) for a coupe of projects I'm planning on doing. I know what I need in terms of tolerances and capabilities (Amps/Volts), but not the call/product numbers needed to properly find a source online. Does anyone know of a database that lists call numbers in relation to the tolerances of the electronic component they represent. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.

Fourcycle
Fourcycle's picture
Re: I'm having trouble sourcing parts.

Have you tried places like Digikey.com, Newark.com or Jameco.com? They can do parametric searches for many components.

If your only tool is a hammer
everything looks like a nail.

Persona Non-Grata
Re: I'm having trouble sourcing parts.

Thankyou for your response. I'm sorry if I sound dense, but I've never head the term "parametric" before (and yes, I have a full 12th grade education). So I looked it up and (as far as I could figure) it means to search within a set of parameters, about what I need, so over the last couple days I've tried incorporating the word in my searches for an online component database, unfortunately to no result. I'm thinking that I merely may not be recognizing it when seen, or I may be simply doing it wrong. I know I should be able to find this on my own, but It's just not happening. The closest I've come is several links to e-mailing someone describing what I need, then waiting for a response (if they think what I'm doing is worth their time and my money to respond to). What I want is a free of charge database of components, and their matching product call numbers and specifications; all of which should, by all right, be common/public knowledge and therefore freely available. Once I have a call number for a component suitably matching the specifications I need for my project, then I can use that call number to, quite easily, find a suitable online supplier for said product. At the risk of me sounding lazy, would you (or anyone) be willing to provide a URL for a parametric search engine or database, or a step by step instructions for finding one on a specific website. Thankyou.

With a hammer, a chisle can be made. With a hammer and chistle, files can be made. With hammer, chisle, and file anything else can be made.
Kaishan k500w retired, Merida TEV500 on indefinite sabbatical, currently using a Currie E-zip Trailz.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage