Replacement Battery Pack needed - n00b needs HELP!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Laurie
Replacement Battery Pack needed - n00b needs HELP!

Oh wise and wonderful "V" posters - I need your help (again).

My 600w scooter is in need of new batteries. I am seriously considering going with LiFePO4 if I can find a reasonably priced, reliable pack that fits. I'm thinking that a 48v 20ah pack should do the trick. Does that sound right?

Any advice you have regarding specifications, vendors, installation, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

The idea of spending as much on batteries as I paid for my bike is a bit un-nerving, so your views regarding SLA vs other battery technologies are also welcome.

Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise :)

Laurie

Reid250
Re: Replacement Battery Pack needed - n00b needs HELP!

I have the LFP pack and I'm very happy with it. I also have a friend who built a LFP pack for his GiO. It made a huge difference, but he has not gone many miles on it. I rode it with the SLA pack and came to the conclusion the scooter was a waste of money with a SLA battery. The lack of range and hill climbing ability made it useless for me.

Laurie
Re: Replacement Battery Pack needed - n00b needs HELP!

I have the LFP pack and I'm very happy with it. I also have a friend who built a LFP pack for his GiO. It made a huge difference, but he has not gone many miles on it. I rode it with the SLA pack and came to the conclusion the scooter was a waste of money with a SLA battery. The lack of range and hill climbing ability made it useless for me.

Thanks for your reply! It looks like Ping is back from vacation and I hope to place my order soon.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage