Hydrogen for electric bicycles?

1 post / 0 new
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Hydrogen for electric bicycles?

This article describes a couple strange developments:-

Lithium or hydrogen bike? Choose your steed
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10467341-1.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=GreenTech

a) Sanyo Eneloop bicycle that includes a dynamo that recharges the battery while riding. Seems to me to be a solution for a non-problem. And I agree with one of the comments that it would be "torture". Non-problem: Electric bicycles require such small problem that recharging them is a non-issue, and the range I get with my electric bicycles is more than adequate for daily riding around. Torture: The dynamo steals some of the energy the rider is exerts to pedal the bike. That just strikes me as a bassackwards way to power the bicycle.

b) A hydrogen fuel cell driven bicycle where the fuel cell is low wattage (60 watts) hence unable to power the bicycle, and it still has a battery pack. The hydrogen storage is in a large trunk on the back. From my perspective the large trunk should be used for carrying things, not the fuel tank. Again existing electric bicycles have adequately sized battery packs without taking up cargo space.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage