Boreem Scooter question/help

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
chicagoster
Boreem Scooter question/help

hi all, i purchased a used Boreem Jia Scooter 602d ??...bought two new 12v 12a batteries, charged it up...started it up...and fully charged!!! lights work, turn signals work, motor works!!! but, I get on it...(180 pounds) and it barely goes! If i get off and turn the throttle it revs fast!!! I thought these things handled up to 220 pounds??? Anyone think anything else is wrong with it? Aside from buying another battery and modding it up...is it just not going to support me at this current state?? I'm going to load up the tires with more air...but, any other thoughts of problems?? I mean...motor revs up to 25 kmh so, I just figure it's not going to handle my weight....???

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Boreem Scooter question/help

What's the wattage of the motor/controller?

The "speed" you get with the wheel spinning in the air is obviously not what you're going to get while sitting on the thing. For example my motorcycle with the wheel in the air at full throttle gives enough RPM's to equal 90 miles/hr (if I've done the math right) but maxes at 45 miles/hr with me on it. (220 lbs) And my bicycle spins at 35 miles/hr in the air and maxes at 20 miles/hr on the road with me on it.

The reason I asked about the wattage is it may simply be an underpowered system.

Some things to check are ... it appears to be a chain drive, so how good is the chain ?? Any looseness in motor, sprockets, wheels? Electrical connections good quality?

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage