Leg Covers for Vectrix - any tips on sourcing?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shaddle
Leg Covers for Vectrix - any tips on sourcing?

Hi All

Just bought a used Vectrix and would like to source these elusive Tucano Urbano (allegedly the R012 model?) leg covers. I've seen the 2 posts on here, so have that info thanks.

I've tried the Vectrix Uk people and a scooter place in Italy (who kindly contacted the factory)....the message seems to be that the factory has stopped producing them. Aaahhhh!

Anyone know of anyone with a new (or indeed used) supply of these items? Would be a great addition to the bike I think.

thanks, Adam

richard_durant
richard_durant's picture
Re: Leg Covers for Vectrix - any tips on sourcing?

Vectrix Store Paris (wich is the official Vectrix importer for Paris and suburb) sells legs cover branded "Vectrix" for 170€, hands cover for 100€, and both of it for 250€. That seems to me VERY expensive ! You can see it at the last page of this.
Richard (3 weeks to wait ...).

"We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

Shaddle

Hi Richard and thanks for the reply. The silence was deafening!

I can provide an update in fact, the executive summary of which I'm afraid would be that the Tucano Urbano factory simply aren't making these at present and they are consequently really hard to find. I have managed to confirm the model number as R012N for those requiring confirmation.

I'm a persistent sort, so did in fact try a whole host of places, including the Vectrix place in Paris (no reply to 2 emails, one English one French!). I also tried Escini in Breda, Holland who also showed the same Accessories catalogue, but had no stock.

I then got serious (!) and decided to try a fair few Ebay sites in Europe for the new items....no joy. So I got really desparate and even tried a chap in France who was selling some with his Vectrix bike !! He politely declined my kind offer LOL.

Anyway I did then track down an email address for the factory of Tucano Urbano products and they confirmed what Vectrix UK (and others) were saying , namely that the items were no longer made, although they "may" make more next year. Rats.

In the end some further persistence in the UK proved fruitful....Colin Webster of Greentransportsolutions.co.uk (whom I saw selling several bikes on Ebay) got me some handlebar mits and also put me onto Steve Scott who still had an old demo set of the "scuds" and a deal was done. Phew.

So....these are pretty hard to find it seems, so if you find a dealer with some, snap them up.

Lastly, I have to admit that fitting them has baffled me so far, so I'm awaiting the missing fitting instructions and will then be part of the "blanket over the knees" brigade. Hoorah! Snug biking, here we come.

tom5007

Dear Shaddle, glad to hear you finally got lucky. I should have fitting instructions somehwere at home but am travelling next two weeks. In case you need them let me know. Actually its not such a tricky thing to fit them. Start on the top securing them around the dashboard and with the straps around (under) the windshield down to the front (just next to the airvents in the front. The other straps atre then quite simple to fit, you will see.

Norman

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage