E-scootin' in Eastern PA

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
scootinDad
E-scootin' in Eastern PA

Hello everyone! I'm scootinDad...proud, single father of 2 girls and an automotive & R/C enthusiast. I recently found myself being manipulated into this hobby/activity by my daughters. Last year, my girls expressed their interest in getting electric scooters with seats. Being aware of the inherent dangers of riding as well as local legality issues, I was naturally apprehensive. They demonstrated their high-speed riding skills on push scooters to me on the local biking/walking trail and I began to understand they could probably handle a powered scooter. I did the research and read the reviews and gave both of them new Escooters(and appropriate safety equipment) for Christmas. They rode them a little bit during the Winter, but they've really racked up the miles now that Spring is upon us. I live directly next to a large public park with a 1/3rd mile paved track(10ft wide) that's intended for bicycles and pedestrians. My girls always wear their protective gear and have been taught to exercise caution when riding the trail. We've had no complaints from any park-goers or drawn any attention from the local authorities thus far.
After many weeks of watching them ride...I finally broke down and bought myself scooter so I can ride along with them. I bought a Super Turbo 800-Elite because it will support my 275lb frame without completely draining my wallet. I just got it last Thursday and I've already put about 20 miles on it. My girls still don't know I have it yet, but they're going to be totally surprised when they see it. I can hardly wait until we get our 1st opportunity to ride together this Wednesday afternoon.

scootinDad

WV BIKER
Re: E-scootin' in Eastern PA

I am GLAD you finally got one ! E scooters are a Blast ! You will love riding with your girls.....I just bought a small SWAG CYCLE.....got to ride about 2 miles before it got COLD outside....I love it and cant wait till warmer weather !!!!! I am concerned about what the local POLICE may say....I have researched e bikes and found that there are NO LAWS in WV concerning them....but my question is : are the POLICE aware of that fact????? I dont want to end up in a lenghty court battle over riding an e scooter...!!!! lol

WV BIKER
Re: E-scootin' in Eastern PA

YOPU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME !!!!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage