Drew
Drew's picture
Hesketh website has packed up?

Anybody any news?

The Hesketh site has stopped working ... http://www.heskethmotorcycles.net

And reports the following...

jtablesession::Store Failed
DB function failed with error number 145
Table './hesketh/jos_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`client_id` ) VALUES ( '8c4926996b74c8cb746a62b7356cfe38','1274716126','','0','1','0' )

Not being a web-speak whiz, what does this mean? Are things not going very well? The only way you can see anything is by going to a cached google page.

Any thoughts?

Drew

AndY1
AndY1's picture
Re: Hesketh website has packed up?

That error means that DataBase table 'jos_session' is missing or corrupt.

Their admin should fix that.

PhiRo

They are using Joomla, this error is usually when you run out of diskspace for the database.

Rebel

Or Could it be that I was right all along and the website developer has not been paid either.
Oh and the bikes that he had on ebay have also dissapeared.
Its ok i wont gloat (much)

Has anyone tried to contact HMC .

Just very well informed

Drew
Drew's picture

Rebel,

Before you had replied on here, I too had heard that there may have been 'difficulties'. The website playing up, to me anyhow, confirms this.

Companies House (UK) provides some interesting information.

Best wishes,

Drew

Drew

Drew
Drew's picture

For info...

These are the guys that developed it - it clearly shows up on their first page.

http://px.portalexpress.net/

Drew

Drew

VectrixAddict
VectrixAddict's picture

Drew,

Do tell us, what does the Companies House site say?

Thanks

Addict

Not afraid to have a go

robert93
robert93's picture

The Hesketh site is back up, not only carrying Vectrix, but Zero as well.....

marcopolo

The Hesketh site is back up, not only carrying Vectrix, but Zero as well.....

To be accurate, The website only lists new Zero and a small Chinese model a being in the Hesketh product range. The Hesketh Vectrix artwork remains, but the product information has been withdrawn.

Obviously, this must greatly upset the tree-house RMC gang!

The only reference I can discover on the companies house reference is as follows:

Registered Number: 06828250 - Registered at Companies House on 24/02/2009
Type of business: Unknown
Address: 7 ST PETERSGATE
STOCKPORT
CHESHIRE
SK1 1EB

Company Type: Private Limited with share capital ?
Company Status: Active ?
Links: Location map and aerial photograph

HESKETH MOTORCYCLES LIMITED on Google
Telephone Number: Click here to search for a telephone number

Credit Reports:
As this company has either not or only recently filed accounts with the Registrar, they are not yet analysed by our system, so we are currently unable to offer a company credit report.

I'm not sure what sinister connotation can be drawn from such information? Maybe Drew found something revealing that I missed?

If so, I wish people would simply post such information, instead of dropping hints and pretending to sensational secret knowledge that either doesn't exist or turns out to be mundane.

marcopolo

Drew
Drew's picture

Whoa! Hold on a minute Marcopolo...

A friend of mine had been looking at buying a Hesketh Vectrix. I have previously told him a thing or two about the history behind the original Vectrix company and how it has been through the wars somewhat. He did his own research as one should do before parting with hard-earned cash. I have now had a look at Companies House website too and the info you have provided is as listed so nothing would seem amiss (at the moment and from the info shown). The only thing I can think of is that he saw other Hesketh listings that show up as 'in liquidation' or 'dissolved'. Maybe it was this that set his alarm bells ringing. Sorry, I should have said that it was second-hand info. I know that he's not buying a V just yet but will talk to him about what he found next time I see him. Didn't mean to hide any sensational secrets... it's all in the public domain and I should have checked first, you're right!

Where did you see that the V has been removed from the Hesketh site? I found it all there just now... see http://www.heskethmotorcycles.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=132 The price of the bike is listed as an astronomical £7990!

They also have a banner detailing the following, listed at £4495 +vat and delivery summerloving-heskethoffer2.jpg

I suppose, as ever, time will tell.

Best wishes,

Drew

Drew

marcopolo

A friend of mine had been looking at buying a Hesketh Vectrix. I have previously told him a thing or two about the history behind the original Vectrix company and how it has been through the wars somewhat. He did his own research as one should do before parting with hard-earned cash. I have now had a look at Companies House website too and the info you have provided is as listed so nothing would seem amiss (at the moment and from the info shown). The only thing I can think of is that he saw other Hesketh listings that show up as 'in liquidation' or 'dissolved'. Maybe it was this that set his alarm bells ringing. Sorry, I should have said that it was second-hand info. I know that he's not buying a V just yet but will talk to him about what he found next time I see him. Didn't mean to hide any sensational secrets... it's all in the public domain and I should have checked first, you're right!

Where did you see that the V has been removed from the Hesketh site? I found it all there just now... see

No need for apologies. The explanation is quite simple!

The confusion your friend experienced is caused by the similarity of the name shared between the "Hesketh Motor cycle Company , and the Hesketh Motor company, not to be confused with Hesketh Motor cycles(s) and Hesketh ... oh, to hell with it! Companies House should never had allowed such confusion between unrelated parties!

As to the website, if you click on 'products' there is no mention of Vectrix, but the old artwork remains (with pricing) for Vectrix. I suppose this is legitimate in a way as Hesketh still have Hesketh labelled VX 1 bikes in stock.

The relabelling excludes any requirement to disclose the loss of the distributorship, or modification of the website.

Tiresome pedants, like vectrixaddict, may huffand puff, but all is quite legal.

Speaking of tiresome pedants, I contacted the UK's VAT office, and inquired as to the legality of Hesketh's website. The unfortunate civil servant was amazed that anyone would be so petty, but agreed to investigate if anyone complained.

So far no one has, because no one cares!

Strangely enough, the VAT man felt he had more important things to do with his life!

If your friend wishes to purchase a brand new Vectrix VX1, he is quite free to contact the polish factory directly.

The confusion your friend experienced is caused by the similarity of the name shared between the "Hesketh Motor cycle Company , and the Hesketh Motor company, not to be confused with Hesketh Motor cycles(s) and Hesketh ... oh, to hell with it! Companies House should never had allowed such confusion between unrelated parties!

As to the website, if you click on 'products' there is no mention of Vectrix, but the old artwork remains (with pricing) for Vectrix. I suppose this is legitimate in a way as Hesketh still have Hesketh labelled VX 1 bikes in stock.

The relabelling excludes any requirement to disclose the loss of the distributorship, or modification of the website.

Speaking of tiresome pedants, I contacted the UK's VAT office, and inquired as to the legality of Hesketh's website. The unfortunate civil servant was amazed that anyone would be so petty, but agreed to investigate if anyone complained.

Strangly enough, the VAT man felt he had more important things to do with his life!

If your friend wishes to purchase a brand new Vectrix VX1, he is quite free to contact the polish factory directly.

Strangly enough, the VAT man felt he had more important things to do with his life!

marcopolo

VectrixAddict
VectrixAddict's picture

Wrong again Marco.

Hesketh is advertsisng the Vectrix on their site here: http://www.heskethmotorcycles.net/ at £4995 ex VAT (£5869 plus delivery)

and here: ttp://www.heskethmotorcycles.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=132 at £7990.

What a shambles Hesketh appear to be.

Not afraid to have a go

marcopolo

Where did you see that the V has been removed from the Hesketh site? I found it all there just now... see http://www.heskethmotorcycles.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=132 The price of the bike is listed as an astronomical £7990!

They also have a banner detailing the following, listed at £4495 +vat and delivery Drew

If your friend wishes to purchase a brand new Vectrix VX1, he is quite free to contact the Polish factory directly.

marcopolo

marcopolo

Wrong again Marco.
Hesketh is advertsisng the Vectrix on their site here: http://www.heskethmotorcycles.net/at £4995 ex VAT (£5869 plus delivery)and here: at £7990. What a shambles Hesketh appear to be.

Good Grief, do you actually listen to what others say, or are you so wrapped up in your petty point scoring?

I repeat, Vectrix have altered the 'product' section to reflect the new state of affairs, but left the generalised artwork intact. This is perfectly legitimate as the bikes are labelled "HMC".

No doubt the web designer had no idea Herr Rittschableiter Vectrixaddict would be on the case!

As I said before, find something of real significance and devote your energies to a worthwhile cause, not this petty vendetta against Hesketh.

marcopolo

VectrixAddict
VectrixAddict's picture

Wrong again Marco, again.

Y'see I checked my facts, by looking at the site. Plenty of product information on the site about them selling Vectrixes, in addition to the 'generalised artwork'..

I refer you, again, to

http://www.heskethmotorcycles.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=132

http://www.heskethmotorcycles.net (Right hand tab)

http://www.heskethmotorcycles.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=132

Cheers

Addict

Not afraid to have a go

winged_racer

I don't wish to get involved in the squabbling over who's right or wrong but looking at the pricing of £4995 + VAT and delivery or the other price of £7990, I'll tell you what, the delivery is £2120.87. If anyone wants to buy one I'll go and collect it for them and deliver it to their door and give them free trained technician instructions on how to use it for half that delivery price!!! For their full delivery price I'll throw in the first two services and a set of tyres for free!!!

Doug Townley
info.DTES [at] gmail.com

(Formerly Vectrix Europe Technical Supervisor)

One door closes, another door opens

marcopolo

I don't wish to get involved in the squabbling over who's right or wrong but looking at the pricing of £4995 + VAT and delivery or the other price of £7990, I'll tell you what, the delivery is £2120.87. If anyone wants to buy one I'll go and collect it for them and deliver it to their door and give them free trained technician instructions on how to use it for half that delivery price!!! For their full delivery price I'll throw in the first two services and a set of tyres for free!!!

Yeah, I noticed that!

Sadly, the reality is, and I'm guessing, HMC are disappointed and disillusioned with Vectrix, and Vectrix owners. In turn, Vectrix are disappointed and disillusioned with HMC.

Truth is, Vectrix is a very difficult and different sort of vehicle to sell than ICE bikes. The majority of ICE dealers have experienced great difficulty in adapting to selling EV's. This is understandable since the product attracts very different clientele and sales persons.

I can understand the frustration and disappointment of a ex-vectrix tech, like yourself. Like all products before it's time, Vectrix falls into a no mans land. Every one loves the idea, but few buy one!

This is very frustrating for those who love and believe in the VX 1.

marcopolo

Drew
Drew's picture

Doug, you get my award for the most amusing post yet! Full marks. Actually, even at that hourly rate, surely you're still undervaluing your skills?

Best wishes,

Drew

Drew

VectrixAddict
VectrixAddict's picture

[
Sadly, the reality is, and I'm guessing,

Spot the nonsense in this statement.

Not afraid to have a go

marcopolo
[
Sadly, the reality is, and I'm guessing,

Spot the nonsense in this statement.

Get a grip! It's not that hard! They don't have to even be that pretty, just try talking to some girls! Find something that matters!

marcopolo

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage