Electric scooter humor

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
mf70
Electric scooter humor

Do these guys do anything more than cut-and-paste from the factory's web site?

http://www.alibaba.com/product/id105595056-105283364-101282292/_NEW_BAJA_MOTORSPORTS_500_WATT_ELECTRIC_MOPED_SCOOTER.html

Highlights:

• Watts : 500
  • HP : 2.04 (interesting, 1 "horsepower" is around 700 watts in this world.)
  • Electric start (I hope so!)
  • Battery : 48V, 80 Ah
  • 312 hour charge time (??? the charge time is listed as 68 hours earlier)
Spaceangel
Re: Electric scooter humor

Well there are Chinese watts and Chinese miles and even Chinese amperes. I bought a stereo for my scooter that is 200+200 Watts and use 500ma @ 12 volts a tiny little thing and big mistake. I thought I would listen to my MP-3? My miles are really whacked not KM and not SAE miles. Now the charge time I can believe 68 hours. even though it is missing the minus sign (-) thingy between the six and eight. Most chargers say 4 to 5 amperes and do closer to 2 1/2 to 3 amperes.
With 500 watts it is really push start to get moving! Not electric start

Did you notice on the web site you provided? that you CAN'T cut and paste. It is a converted JPG file? A picture on the Alibaba site.

It sort of looks like X-treme scooters and given the quality I guess minimum order of five and you might get maybe one going? It is a laugh reading Alibaba sometimes.

KB1UKU

mf70

Yeah, Alibaba is a fountain of sketchy products.

Did you notice on the web site you provided? that you CAN'T cut and paste. It is a converted JPG file? A picture on the Alibaba site.

Yeah, I noticed. It's some sort of HTML-lock. It isn't really an image though; I got the numbers in my message from the "View Page Source" tool in my browser. The words are in normal text.

I figured out the "312 hour charge time"; It was "3 1/2 hour charge time," minus the punctuation. Sigh.

Then there's trolls with fantasies like this one on an Amazon review of the SAME bike...

this thing cruises up to 45mph and that makes her feel out of control. I drive it around SoCal. I take it to school twice a week. I charge it once a week and have yet to feel a loss of power on the road. I'm 200 lbs and I live at the top of a hill.

What must poor newbies think...

MF

Spaceangel

I just found out that there is a metric HP and a SAE HP along with your Chinese HP equaling 250 watts
"Engine output Power
*1 horsepower (hp) = 1 brake hp (bhp) = 1.0139 metric hp (PS) = 0.7457 kilowatts (kW)
*1 metric hp = 0.9863 hp = 0.7355 kilowatts
*1 kilowatt = 1.3410 hp = 1.3596 metric hp"
Don't forget 2 HP = 500 Watts on bike LOL
Thanx to Wicked pedia?

KB1UKU

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• eric01
  • Norberto
  • sarim
  • Edd
  • OlaOst

Support V is for Voltage