What REALLY Accomplishes Advocacy?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dauntless
What REALLY Accomplishes Advocacy?

We were reminded (June 4) that in a post-bubble credit collapse, economic recoveries are typically fragile and susceptible to periodic setbacks,
David Rosenberg, chief economist at Gluskin Sheff

And that is the angle I really want to take in pushing the notion of any sort of green technology. They have to build the heavy parts for the windmill power here because of the cost of shipping and the availability of training for the right skills, so let's get to work on that. A123 claims they were unable to set the factory for their battery up right here, but I'm not sure I believe that.

What I do believe is with the right batteries in particular, and other advances in general, the green technology jobs aren't already being moved somewhere else, so all these jobs are the shiny object/carrot on a stick that will peak interest. There's just not many people who are going to listen to the end of the world talk anymore. But everyone is listening when you talk about the end of financial security.

Nearly all of the new jobs since Obama took office are census workers, who'll be OUT of work again shortly. And roughly 10% of adults are enrolled in college right now, many of us for something to do more than anything else.

If A123 would have employed 3,000 people here instead of China. . . .

Yeah, I'm one of those underemployed people with little hope of working regularly, but I'm also one of the 'Lucky' ones, with resources SAVED and BUILT. (Make your own luck, etc.) Can't say I really feel secure. Especially when an economic apocalypse and environmental variances will mutate the unemployed into a ravenous band of mutant cannibals. (Ever see 'Night of the Comet?') Can't even depend on that type to eat each other first.

Dauntless
Re: What REALLY Accomplishes Advocacy?

WHo dares, WINS!!!!

procrastination inc
procrastination inc's picture

Is the Tesla NUMMI plant looking for workers yet?

That'd be a great place to get into. Wish I was as close as you are

Dauntless

I thought the NUMMI workers were staying. Or some of them, the plant isn't supposed to operate near capacity. I think I'm over 500 miles away, so I'd be almost as badly uprooted to go there as you would. I'm not sure I'm ready to live in the People's Republic of Northern California.

But then, couldn't I just start my own? An existing design, some help from the Manufacturing Program at Cerritos Community College, who would be THRILLED to help. . . .

Sale includes: manufacturing and license/distribution rights, designs, molds, tooling, processes, supplier lists, inventory, etc.

Composities Training Center

Own an EV Dealership Today!

WHo dares, WINS!!!!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage