Software Glitch

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jonathanm
Software Glitch

Í have not seen or heard of this before but maybe some else has had this issue. I have the 2008 (latest software). The bike has 11,000 km and has really been just fantastic. I am a bit maniac about my battery temperature and I'm forever looking at it while Í'm riding - I guess just to know if I have to do a cooling delay before charging or not... Anyway since about 2 weeks and now getting very regular whenever I pull the left brake lever with the kill switch activated and the software hangs and then reboots - sometimes 3 times before I can get a battery temperature readout. I figured that I needed to reflash the software and I went to the local dealer yesterday. I got it reflashed but it has not helped at all. I also notice that when I charge I get almost a full number "1" in front of the temperature so it reads 130 degrees if it was 30 degrees.

The only think I can think of now is to fully disconnect the battery and then reconnect after a pause - ie. a full hard reset.

Anyone else have any ideas on this - otherwise the bike performs, rides and charges as normal.

As usual thanks for any input.

Jonathan

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Software Glitch

I have never heard of this one before.

It sounds like a hardware, not software issue, but I am just guessing here.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

robert93
robert93's picture

If you do go with the full disconnect-reconnect, dont forget the use of an "inrush current limiter" (see other posts on this subject)

soniched
soniched's picture

Hi jon

Do you have any battery related issues? like heating (dont freak out ;-) or capacity?

I had exactly the same behavor (latest firmware) when my battery was not synced with the charger due to capacity loss, and was resetting (mik`s famous bAlPor) from 7 bars to 0 in 2km`s every cycle. the glitch started after about 25 cycles with this low capacity.

when i went to my dealer, he "Hard reset" my bike and all reading was good again.
so nothing to worry about that glitch.

my speculation is that each time i had "balpor" ,a log line was written somewhere in the scooter`s internal memory and this caused an overflow in that log... hard reset just clear it away.

keep your manic behavor about temp all the way to empty... mine was at the end like 38-40 at the full SOC and 43-45 (bAtHot) the end befor i gave it in.

In "Back To The Future II" There are flying cars in the year 2015. Its only 4 years from now! lets make it happen! or at least lets have MR. Fusion for our EVs...
15,000km 2009 Vectrix VX-1.
Voltage IS the way to go.

Jonathanm

Thank you for your replies....
Well, for absolutely no reason, it has stopped and fixed itself. (after 3 weeks!) I have not done a hard reset nor a battery reset (BALPor) although I know I need to do one as it has been many months since I have brought up the red low battery light.

It certainly does sound like an overflow in the log or something similar but now it is back to normal.

As we all know owning a Vectrix is like owning a pet - but I must admit I have been very happy with the bike. I think the key is to try and keep the battery temperature below 30 degrees when charging.

Thanks again,

Jonathan

Mik
Mik's picture

Thank you for your replies....
Well, for absolutely no reason, it has stopped and fixed itself. (after 3 weeks!) I have not done a hard reset nor a battery reset (BALPor) although I know I need to do one as it has been many months since I have brought up the red low battery light.

It certainly does sound like an overflow in the log or something similar but now it is back to normal.

As we all know owning a Vectrix is like owning a pet - but I must admit I have been very happy with the bike. I think the key is to try and keep the battery temperature below 30 degrees when charging.

Thanks again,

Jonathan

Try worming tablets! HAHA!

Or maybe it was just that particularly tricky time of the month......???

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

antiscab

on my Vectrix,

If i get on the left brake with kill switch on to soon after powering up will tell me my pack voltage is ~240v and the temperature is also equally obscure.

it sorts itself out after a while.

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

soniched
soniched's picture

(-:

You can try and reinvent overunity?
The numbers never lie...

In "Back To The Future II" There are flying cars in the year 2015. Its only 4 years from now! lets make it happen! or at least lets have MR. Fusion for our EVs...
15,000km 2009 Vectrix VX-1.
Voltage IS the way to go.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage