Final thoughts on the VeloMini

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Final thoughts on the VeloMini

Hey all, I've kept looking at the VeloMini and spent a fair bit of time riding it around. Have just posted an article with an in-depth review: Review of the VeloMini folding electric bicycle

You may remember from my initial postings that I didn't like the seat and to be honest after that first long ride with it, I was a bit put off by it. Looking more closely the seat does appear to be "high end" e.g. with the kind of notch in the middle you tend to see on the fancier bikes. It's just that for my butt I've learned to go for wider seats, and this one is too skinny. Switching out the seat made all the difference in the world. Not only was the other seat more comfortable but, because it's a taller seat, I was able to ride higher without having the seat tube as high. With that issue out of the way the bike really shone very well.

I took it on a long run with the throttle at full - the motor didn't warm up even a tiny bit. Says to me the motor is well capable of handling the power this bike throws at it.

Took it on a trip up to San Francisco, 8-9 miles total distance with several long resting periods during the day. It still had plenty of power at the end of the day though the battery pack was clearly heading towards running out.

It's very solidly built, performs well, light weight, easy to carry around, comes with a useful set of accessories (shoulder strap, carrying case, tool kit), and so on.

VeloMini folding electric bicycle observations - day 2

The VeloMini, a very cool little folding electric bicycle - initial review

http://velomini.com

siouxzieb
Re: Final thoughts on the VeloMini

Hi-
I live on a pretty steep hill that jogs a bit before descending down another pretty steep hill which leads to my train station (I live in a river town north of NYC). The hill is steep enough that if there's snow on it in the winter, some cars spin their wheels trying to ascend. Do you think the VeloMini would have a problem with this steep an incline? And how would you compare it to the eZee Quando? Thanks! Suzanne

reikiman
reikiman's picture

That's steeper than what I tested. Dunno. Never gotten to ride the eeZee.

siouxzieb

Ok--thanks. Really appreciate your great review. The search continues.

ngothyeaun

Dear reikiman

Thank you for your post and review.
I have few questions below if you can share some thoughts.

1. my height is 180cm and weigh 70kg, will it fit me?
2. as you have mentioned about the seat/seatpost, can we change to longer seatpost as well say 400mm or longer?
3. if we use pedal assist mode, will it be more faster when pedaling?

thank you so much for your time.

Greetings from Malaysia.
ngothyeaun

reikiman
reikiman's picture

It should work fine for you.

If you pedal only (no throttle, relying only on pedal assist) then your speed is slower than if you pedal+throttle. Throttle only is also possible but I don't recall the relative speed.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage