Duel brushless motors arduino controlled

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jason50153
Duel brushless motors arduino controlled

Hey all,

I am working on a project where I control two brushless motors for a scooter like device independently. These motors should be 100w or a little more, each. Also I want to be able to have the motors reversible in direction and have regenerative brakes. I know this is a lot of requests, but I really need help on this.

Is it even possible to do everything I have suggested? What specs should I look for in the motors? Is it possible to buy an esc for this?

Any answers to these questions or any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jason50153
Re: Duel brushless motors arduino controlled

I meant to have the title read "Dual brushless motors arduino controlled", not "Duel brushless motors arduino controlled". Sorry about this.

Spaceangel

You are right in that is a lot to ask. 100 watts is kind of small? 750 watt = one HP so 100 watt is like 1/5th or 1/7th or some thing in that range. What can 100 watts move? Even a small scooter has 250 watt motors and you have to push and press a button or some thing in order to limit current on starting to move. Regen is easiest on AC or brushless DC motors. Wheel chairs use independent controls and motors too but no regen and most use brushes though in there design.
Two motors would probably require two controllers and that would be expensive also. I think regen gives any wheres on the order of 10% to 20 percent back? What is your project?

KB1UKU

Jason50153

Hmmm, well perhaps I should go with brushed motors to keep the cost down. It would be at least 200W (2 * 100W). What is a good place to get decently high quality, small brushed dc motors? I am making a scooter that has it's speed controlled by an arduino. Thanks.

Dauntless

It might help if you explain what the project is. It sounds like a twin engine RC plane, or something, and people are picturing that you mean a scooter or the like.

WHo dares, WINS!!!!

Jason50153

No it is basically a glorified scooter. I just want basic, yet decent, small electric brushed motors.

ooo
ooo's picture

hi,

im on a project to control a brushless dc hub motor using pic(similar to a wheelchair project)...im looking for a circuit to control this motor.....if theres any idea it will be very helpfull.....
this a golden motor model
Model:12"motor wheel
Voltage:36V(brushless)
Power:250W
Weight:4.8Kgs

pls any information will help....

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07