pingping227 batteries, customs and brokerage charges to Canada

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
magicBC
pingping227 batteries, customs and brokerage charges to Canada

Can anyone enlighten me on shipping and any extra customs, fees and brokerage costs to Canada? Ping advertises free shipping, and I know it's true, but there may be other fees. I'm a little bothered by UPS because last time I received a package, I paid $80 extra dollars on a $400 item. SURPRISE! I was angry, meanwhile the UPS guy just smiled all the time- he's seen this movie more than once. I've tried to do a search on the forum, and on google, but not having much luck. Hopefully someone has some info. Thanks everyone. Incidently I have a Kaishan 500S, and want to purchase 48v, 20ah lifePo's- http://cgi.ebay.com/48V-20AH-LiFePO4-Electric-Scooter-E-Bike-Li-Fe-Battery-/320562297093?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash...

pengyou
Re: pingping227 batteries, customs and brokerage charges to ...

I would guess that Pingping would be able to tell you. I am sure you are not their first customer in Canada. You should also be able to find out by checking with your customs office. If you want to be able to argue the matter you may want to have the batteries delivered to the main UPS office and then go there and pick them up. If there is an additional charge added and you think it is incorrect, you will not have a chance to "discuss" it with the folks who bring the packages to your doorstep.

magicBC
Re: pingping227 batteries, customs and brokerage charges to ...

Thanks Pengyou- yes I have emailed Ping (waiting for response). However, he is in no way reposonsible for any extra charges, but hopefully I'll be able to find out what method of shipping is used, and perhaps ask if he could ship through regular parcel mail- thus it would arrive via Canada post delivery. Extra costs are reasonable, and easier to determine.

We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage