Nissan LEAF test drive and first impressions

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Nissan LEAF test drive and first impressions

Today, I got to test drive a production test version of the LEAF. Oh my, it's even better than the test mule I test drove last fall. This isn't the final production version but it's awfully dang close considering the cars will be arriving in the U.S. in December.

See: Nissan LEAF test drive and first impressions

Summary - Really really good. Last fall I thought they have a winner on their hands, and I'm even more convinced now.

Comfortable, roomy, good power, good handling, etc etc etc ...

DSCN3211-web.jpg

Spaceangel
Re: Nissan LEAF test drive and first impressions

Does it accelerate like a sports car? Or is it like a conversion car like most usually do. Any shifting to do? Did you notice any regen? Would it fit a 6 foot person comfortably? Did you also get to PLUG it in to a charging station?

KB1UKU

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Acceleration="strong" which I think isn't quite sports car but still fast for what's meant to be a family sedan.

No shifting so the part of me which has driven stick shift for 30+ years is disappointed. I'll get over it.

There is regen, the regen behavior is nontunable.

I'm about 6' tall and was very comfortable.

Plug in is pretty simple. The J1772 cable is shaped like a gasoline nozzle. There's a latching lever gizmo, operate the lever, put the nozzle into the hole, it clicks into place, and that's it. Pretty slick.

2008 Silver Vec...
2008 Silver Vectrix Owner's picture

Yes, it's great. Now when can we buy one? I am holding out on the hope that someone from the original "list" will not or can not complete the purchase of their leaf and I'm able to come in to buy instead. Otherwise, I will have to wait another year to get my hands on one. Gas keeps on going up....I'm tired of being taken advantage of at the gas pump. It's completely ridiculous that we do not have any other alternative.

JJ

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage