V has stopped responding after pressure wash

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
israndy
israndy's picture
V has stopped responding after pressure wash

I am sure this is in here, but I don't know what to search for. I have read every article on this forum and I don't remember seeing it posted but I might just not remember

That said, I just finished washing my bike today and as I went to clean up the yard at the end of the day and plug the bike in to charge I noticed that after 20 minutes it wasn't doing anything. I looked closely and saw that the display is on, like the bike is on, clock, miles, no lights at the top. It responds, press k/m and it changes the display, hold the Trip button and it resets the milage.

But it doesn't see the plugging in of the power cord, and it doesn't respond to turning it on or off with the key. I am guessing that just waiting until tomorrow will fix it, but if it doesn't I wonder what the next step is in troubleshooting.

What happens when one unplugs the cable to the right of the front wheel? Do I remember reading that is how you reset the computer?

-Randy

marylandbob
Re: V has stopped responding after pressure wash

Pressure washers can be dangerous to electric vehicles, as the pressure can force water into areas the should remain DRY! If circuit components get wet, and have power applied, corrosion rapidly proceeds to eat away the conductors. Disconnecting all power/batteries untill dry is best. I hope your vehicle survives!-Bob

Robert M. Curry

antiscab

mine has done that once before,

wait for it to dry out, the plug it in and it should start to charge.

if you just leave it plugged in, it wont start to charge even when it has dried out.

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

israndy
israndy's picture

Well, it took a week, almost to the hour, but the display finally went out, when I plugged it in it booted up and started charging. Well, so far living up to my original dream of an electric vehicle, it should either work with basically no maintenance or fail completely. I took it on my usual commute after it charged and it let me down, dramatically. On the highway entrance ramp it dropped from 11 bars to 3, and would not go over 45 miles per hour. It had to be one of those merging/splitting freeway entrances so everyone was honking. I searched for 110v the whole ride home as 3 bars was half I had ever tried to go home from that point. It always drove faster than I could push, but it was on zero bars for half of the trip home. Ugly.

Charged forever that night and then worked to commute the next day. Just wonder what to do about those horrible drops I have now gotten 5 times in the last 3 months were I was going home fine, now I am limping home and arrive with zero bars. Can't be good for the battery, can't figure out how to predict it's going to happen. This must be the term Range Anxiety defined.

-Randy

procrastination inc
procrastination inc's picture

how far is your commute?

What sort of ambient temperatures are you running in now?

My Vectrix in australia doesn't like more than about 25km per charge and struggles with temps in the mid 30's

antiscab

what version of software do you have?

its unusual that a low voltage will not cause a BalPor and 0 bars.

dropping from 11 to 3 bars is a little unusual...

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

israndy
israndy's picture

Another week later and it seems to be behaving again. I am still running the '08 software. I have complained to Dana several times about the battery light show I get during my commute so hopefully he will get me the new software soon and we can see if that fixes it or if my battery is really going as was suggested on this board earlier when I was trying to figure out my lights.

I am disappointed to read that those with the new software are experiencing the same thing as me, random lights of the battery, the temp, and the wrench. The last time I rode I got a BatHot error, not sure I have ever seen that before. Good range, good performance, showed 8 miles to go, but showed 49 degrees when I got home, usually it's 41. I was splitting lanes more than usual, perhaps I was making it nervous.

Just waiting for Dana to get a chance to get back to the left coast.

-Randy

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage