Vectrix in the UK - any news?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
HubCap
Vectrix in the UK - any news?

Now that Hesketh Motor Company's website seems to have dissappeared from the internet, it would appear that the UK are without any official importer. Does anybody on here know if there are plans to appoint a bona fide importer in the UK?

Thanks

Hubcap

Buzby
Buzby's picture
Re: Vectrix in the UK - any news?

I understand Vectric Corp (as amended) have been reviewing alternatives and a public statemewnt will be made once they are fully prepared to hit the ground running. I would hope that they would be more cautious, so as not to make the same mistakes that led to the Hesketh debacle.

- Raymond

just_looking

No it is still there i have provided a link to it if you wish to have a look.

http://www.heskethmotorcycles.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=37&Itemid=139

just_looking

Oh I forgot to mention don’t be fooled by the price tag, the price offered is before tax once the tax is added its still very much a very expensive bit of kit, for a 125.

Mind you even without the tax it's a very expensive bit of kit.

Perhaps they need to get the japanese to manufacture them to improve reliability.

mikemitbike
mikemitbike's picture

No it is still there i have provided a link to it if you wish to have a look.

http://www.heskethmotorcycles.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=37&Itemid=139

Hi, it seems they where "kicked" out by Vectrix. Have a look at Vectrix homepage - news section

>>VECTRIX OFFICIAL INFORMATION - IMPORTANT
June, 2010
Vectrix Europe would like to inform that Hesketh Motor Company LTD is no longer the Vectrix official Importer for the UK, Eire and Channel Islands.
For all the questions, inquiries and information please contact directly Vectrix at "info AT vectrixeurope DOT com".<<

Greetings Mike

just_looking

mikemitbike

Yes you are right I had a good look at the news section and it does indeed say they have been kicked out.

Mind you it was no surprise, I couldn’t find any where to take a test ride and as the vx1 is about all they have in the UK it is odd that it would be so difficult to find anywhere that actually had one to test.

Well let’s hope they really get their act together now and make these vehicles available at a reasonable price and if not then at the very least they need to consider the issues of servicing which means producing a decent service manual that any competent owner could understand and use to keep the bike on the road.

Plus make it easier to get at the parts that go wrong the most and provide these parts at a reasonable price perhaps with part exchange on common failing parts until they can resolve the issue.

But what ever they do if they can’t make it now in the UK they probably never will, the idea of using green transport has never been so popular.

Even I would consider buying one if the price was right and the issue of the servicing manual and replacement parts prices was worked out.

But as they stand they do not make good sense to buy at the moment.

Vectrix get your act together before you miss the boat.

leanm
leanm's picture

Hi there - if you are anywhere near Kent we have new and nearly new Vectrix VX1s available for sale and test. Have a look at our website www.leanmachines-kent.co.uk

LeanMachines

Pedelecman

Anyone in the Midlands is welcome to try my Vectrix demonstrator (which is for sale along with various new and second-hand ones from £2995)and I have a good deal of knowledge and access to parts if you need service or repairs done? Latest gismo is a software upgrade taking Vmax toward 70mph!! Not tried it myself but could be worth £300(ish...

info [at] greentransportsolutions.co.uk for more...

pedelecman

...some of us know what's going on!

just_looking

leanm

Thanks, it’s great that you are in Canterbury but unfortunately I’m not, I’m in London and I have looked around to try and find a place in London that I could have a good look at one but it seems all the places stopped selling them, or if they ain’t they certainly aren’t advertising that they have them.

With all these new charges and legislation against motorcycles an electric motorcycle may be the way to go in London the only problems I have is how to charge it up where to get one, plus I’m put off by the thought of having to spend a fortune on replacement parts should it go wrong, plus reliability which is my main concern, I already have an ultra reliable motorcycle and it is quite cheap to run and i don't have to wait 3 hours to refuel it.

Another thing that has shown to be an issue is rain, just how reliable are these bikes in the rain, if they shut down after jet washing what would happen should you happen to go through a puddle.

But if I am still unable to locate a dealer in the London area I will definitely give it some serious consideration to come over to Canterbury and test ride one.

leanm
leanm's picture

Hi Colin...hope things going ok in the EV world in the Midlands....

LeanMachines

leanm
leanm's picture

Hi justlooking.....
well, I'll answer the points as they come.
1. An electric motorcycle in London is great! As long as you have somewhere convenient to charge it up - some Boroughs are better than others for EV charging points but if you can charge at home and/or work then you are laughing. We did the recent eco-rally a few weeks back on a VX1 and it proved just how good they are around town - smooth, quick and large enough to 'claim' your space!
2.Reliability, especially on later 2008 bikes with the uprated fuse is good. Parts are available if you try and this situation should become even better shortly.
3.Rain has never posed a problem for our VX1s. As long as the holes in the front of the subframe are covered then it will cope with heavy rain fine and the smooth acceleration helps traction here too. Pressure washers are a different thing of course...a bucket and sponge is what is required for washing. And some Muc-Off or something similar.
4. If you really fancy a go we may be able to arrange something where we meet you somewhere......or how about coming along to Brands Hatch for the TTXGP race on weekend of 2 and 3 October - we should have our stand there with a VX1 available to try?
Regards,
Leanm

LeanMachines

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture

I see that www.vectrix.co.uk has disappeared.

just_looking

leanm

I will have to give it some serious thought now that I know you have them in Canterbury, I could always take a ride on my own motorcycle to come along and have a test ride.

One wonders if I could do the same on a vectrix.

leanm
leanm's picture

Hi just_looking,
You would be most welcome!

LeanMachines

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage