XB 610 dashboard and more issues

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
jdrider78
XB 610 dashboard and more issues

Hey guys I'm a proud and happy owner of my new XB610. The XB610 is a brand new model upgrade from the 600. I am having a few issues. I connected the dashboard correctly but my speedometer and turn lights don't work. I've tried unplugging and plugging back in wires to find the problem but no luck. The horn and controller work and that's about it. The dashboard will light up but only the battery indicator and high beam indicator works. Also as far as pedaling goes! You think they'd make the pedals on that bike a little more comfortable!!! I can't even use them or get my feet back far enough or get get positioned right on the seat! I just leave them on cause in Iowa they have to be there. Come on! Anyway any thoughts on my dashboard and turning lights issues?

jdrider78
Re: XB 610 dashboard and more issues

I also should mention that my rear braking light works as well as the switch to turn off and on the tail light.

rocketj

Hi jdrider78. I've looked all over the web and can's seem to find any info on the XB-610. Where did you get it and for how much? If you know of a website or dealer which offers this bike could you please post it? Thanks!

Rocketj

jdrider78

AS I SAID!!!! Its a new model same specs as the 600. Won't be any published info about it yet. Call Rod Jenkins from ElectricVehicleMall.com Any ideas on the issue?

rocketj

jdrider78, please excuse my ignorance. I was only curious to find more about the XB-610. Thanks for the info. Sorry I can't help with your issue.

Rocketj

mf70

Congratulations. Let us know how the tip of the wave feels. Obviously the rest of us benighted XB600 owners won't be able to help you.

You might start checking the wiring diagram to make sure everything is wired the way the factory claims it is. While you're at it, you might scan the wiring diagram so the rest of the folks here could have a look to see what is new. You could even do a little comparison between the published XB600 wiring and yours.

Looking forward to more info.

Mark

jdrider78

Progress!!! I did get my speedometer working. Along with the left side orange lights. The turn signals still don't work but the left side orange lights are functional. The right side is a different story. The right front is off but the right back light is dim. I can see the green turn indicator on the dash board faintly when I turn on the right blinker. But it will stay solid. The left blinker indicator is fully on solid. Then when I turn off the right blinker it is off. This is when I have the light button in the far right position. I've tried scanning but its worth crap. Also with the light switch to the far right when the breaks are off the dash board is dark. But when I pull the breaks on the dash board lights up. Any ideas?

robert93
robert93's picture

do your absolute best to sweettalk the place you bought it from or X-treme out of a complete wiring diagram, and follow it with a meter, step by step, connection by connection. and be very careful not to short anything out. Work slow, methodic and when you are not tired. dont trust color codes, follow the wires point to point observing polarity carefully. No diagrams? Detailed photos of all the controls is the next best thing. Glare free and close up with good color balance can be a lifesaver as well. Sometimes in the middle of all the complication is something simple screwing it up. Its POSSIBLE that the wiring may have changed from 600 to 610, so be specific when asking X-treme support questions over the phone. At one time I thought the wiring diagram was posted on the forum somewhere, but, may have been removed due to copywright.... dunno.

jdrider78

I may just take it to Newton, IA next week and have the techs look at it. I live in Ankeny about 30 miles west. Newton is where the DC warehouse is and they have on site techs there.

robert93
robert93's picture

I'd call, and make an appointment, that way they shouldnt be able to play the waiting game with you. Make sure they understand "this is not a service drop off" but you want the bike personally gone over with you present, or at least handed the worki;ng documents to doublecheck your work. I'd hate for you to be sitting out front while your bike is sitting "next in line" with a service ticket on it while you are expecting a more immediate response.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage