Lightning strikes at VIR to win the TTXGP North America 2010 electric motorcycle racing championship

1 post / 0 new
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Lightning strikes at VIR to win the TTXGP North America 2010 electric motorcycle racing championship

Somehow I neglected to post something here about last weeks TTXGP race at VIR. It was a busy week. Anyway, my detailed posting was elsewhere.. Lightning strikes at VIR to win the TTXGP North America 2010 electric motorcycle racing championship

Also see:

TTXGP North American Championship 2010 wraps with a Lightning finish
http://www.egrandprix.com/news.php?id=128

DSCN3569-web.jpg

A little message on Jennifer Bromme's bike

DSCN3556-web.jpg

Richard Hatfield & his bike

DSCN3546-web.jpg

Jennifer Bromme & bike

DSCN3563-web.jpg

Zoe Rem & the Team Agni bike

DSCN3571-web.jpg

Square Wave Racing - getting ready to go

DSCN3574-web.jpg

Lining up to go onto the track

The VIR start/stop line isn't at this spot where it's in front of a crowd, for some reason.

DSCN3577-web.jpg

Electric Race Bikes - Mike Hannas

DSCN3584-web.jpg

Lightning Motors - Michael Barnes - this is one of the few passes I caught of this bike, because it moves so fast (so much faster than the others) it's gone before you can react and take a picture. Which of course means I need to do better preparation to take the shot, eh?

DSCN3590-web.jpg

Brian Evans - Square Wave Racing

DSCN3595-web.jpg

Zoe Rem - Team Agni - This is the bike which won the 2009 Isle of Man

DSCN3603-web.jpg

Jennifer Bromme - Werkstatt Racing - Riding a Mavizen bike

DSCN3631-web.jpg

There was a serious battle going on between 2nd and 3rd places. The Lightning Motors bike is so much faster, the real competition is farther back in the field. Anyway for most of the times these two passed the start/stop line, Zoe (Team Agni) was ahead but one time Thad (Team Electra) was ahead. A cheer went through the watchers on that. We learned after the race they'd been duking it out the whole time.

DSCN3666-web.jpg

Zoe getting the flag - when Michael Barnes crossed the finish line he did this thumbs up gesture to the watchers, but I wasn't able to catch it, and then he went on to take a parade lap. This was the first picture I caught of anybody crossing the line.

DSCN3672-web.jpg

Mike Hannas getting the flag

DSCN3676-web.jpg

Michael Barnes conferring with Richard Hatfield at the end of the race. I heard him say "something is seriously bad" and saw smoke coming from near the motor. We quickly learned the rear wheel wouldn't roll, and went on with the winners circle ceremony. Afterward they learned that the bearings in the drive train had seized - fortunately during lap 10 of a 9 lap race.

DSCN3684-web.jpg

DSCN3689-web.jpg

DSCN3691-web.jpg

Thad Wolff - Team Electra - #3

DSCN3693-web.jpg

Zoe Rem - Team Agni - #2

DSCN3697-web.jpg

The bike

DSCN3711-web.jpg

Arvind Rabadia - CEO of Agni Motors - long time collaborator with Cedric Lynch - owner of Team Agni - I had several wonderful long conversations with him.

DSCN3698-web.jpg

Team Agni along with Azhar Hussain
'
DSCN3700-web.jpg

Michael Barnes - Lightning Motors #1

DSCN3704-web.jpg

The bike

DSCN3708-web.jpg

DSCN3709-web.jpg

DSCN3716-web.jpg

Michael got two plates because this was the season finale, and he won most points as rider for the season AND won this particular race.

DSCN3724-web.jpg

Richard Hatfield - as the team owner won the trophy as the winning team.

DSCN3725-web.jpg

PARTY!!!!

DSCN3727-web.jpg

DSCN3730-web.jpg

DSCN3751-web.jpg

The Lightning Motors team

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4