I just wanted to share this will all of you... it might be interesting...

49 posts / 0 new
Last post
jlb
Re: I just wanted to share this will all of you... it might ...

In my opinion, apart from the battery, it needs 3-4 years of improvements to achieve the quality of a bike like Vectrix. I've tested all electric motorbikes hanging around in barcelona. I'm afraid there's nothing better than a Vectrix.

Hi there everybody,
First of all i want to thank you (visforvoltage community) for share your EV knowledge and experience.
I'm in Spain, and i'm looking for a electric scooter for every day ride to work. I've heard about Goelix and i'm very interesting in recover as much information as i can. In your opinion, R, which are "the must" improvements for Goelix Elektron to reach same level as Vectrix is? Another thing I'm interested is about bike real origing, since Goelix claimed Elektron model is completly designed and build by them, what do you know about it?
Thanks in advance for your response.
Regards.

Still looking for THE right electric bike...

R
R's picture

I've heard about Goelix and i'm very interested in recover as much information as i can. In your opinion, R, which are "the must" improvements for Goelix Elektron to reach same level as Vectrix is? Another thing I'm interested is about bike real origing, since Goelix claimed Elektron model is completly designed and build by them, what do you know about it?
Thanks in advance for your response.

HI JLB, nice to meet you in this forum!
If you live near Barcelona, I suggest you make an interesting visit to their factory and find out by yourself.
I must confess that the battery of the Goelix E-box was a huge surprise: It is not build by Thundersky's square-boxed cells. Inside there's flat cells, with BMS integrated. It contains the same energy of the vectrix in only 28kg (MIK said the V's battery weights over 90 kg!. A friend working inside Goelix took an extra battery (they're swapable) and rode at full speed (90 km/h) during 60 km. Then installed the spare pack and rode another 60 km more... 120 km at 90 km/h!!!! This battery rocks!

Will you attend to the badalona's Vectrix meeting? I can find a test drive Vectrix for you if you want to join us!
If you need further details on Goelix, send me a PM or email me at http://www.volttour.net/vtcat/index.php?apartado=Contacte

MAbike

For something completely new try- or just call them and see what they have

BERECO
Avda. Dr. Tomas Sala, Nº 41 Baj
46017-Valencia
Spain
Tel: + (34) 963774882
Direct Contact: Mateo Ros, Commercial Director
mros [at] bereco.es

R
R's picture

By the way, here is the webpage

http://berecomotors.es

jlb

Hi there MABike,
Thanks for your interest and suggestion. Problem is Bereco's bikes are a
little bit far from my ideal bike (in fact, my ideal bike doesn't exists -or i haven't found-
since right now it will be a mixed between Goelix Elektron and Vectrix VX1,
but, by now, no luck at all :) ) since I really want a maxi-scooter
lookliked, and Bereco Amperio Infinity (which is right my performance ideal
style) doesn't look like in this way, and it's really expensive too.
However, if you would know any other scooter with nice performance (on 6
Kw on nominal power), range (around 80 km), speed (95 Km/h is a must, since
i would like be safe on motorway) and price (around 5500 €), please let me
know.
Cheers.
JLB

R
R's picture

any other scooter with nice performance (on 6
Kw on nominal power), range (around 80 km), speed (95 Km/h is a must, since
i would like be safe on motorway) and price (around 5500 €)

There's no aviable scooter with the performance you need for that low price... Sorry.
jlb

A pretty close option is Goelix Elektron (http://goelix.com/elektron), but i've got no answer from them about availability.
Anyway, do you know other options, no matter what the price is?
Cheers.

PS: I think i'm very offtopic; perhaps administrator can suggest if it's better open a new post or doing that by PM

MAbike

Dear JLB-

I am in Massachusetts but Bereco now carries PDT- Which is a Chinese plastic but a smart motorcontroller and all the integration - This includes 5 regen modes and reverse gear with other features. The drive train is built of a close Can communication system that gives the possibility of controlling the performance of the scooter. The controller can handle up to 350A, the bile uses half of that hence offering low heat and better reliability. The drive train provides a smooth and powerful ride, that is comparable to a 250CC. The power has been tested at 8KW with this drive train.

Bereco can demo this- the bike is new- so its normal for folks to not be familiar with it yet. They are getting their technical training next week. If you like, call them and tell them you want to stop by then.

You can send me a message anytime if you want more details

R
R's picture

MAbike

Bereco can demo this- the bike is new-

I'll look for a test drive with one of these new bikes. Thanks for keeping us updated.

JLB, you have a PM

R
R's picture

The controller can handle up to 350A, the bile uses half of that hence offering low heat and better reliability. The drive train provides a smooth and powerful ride, that is comparable to a 250CC. The power has been tested at 8KW with this drive train.

Dear MAbike,
Are you refering to the bereco Amperio?

Mik
Mik's picture

How about you just start a new thread when you realise you have something important - but rather vaguely related - to say? The main advantage is that it will most likely be easier to find if it has an appropriate heading.

Well, if you look at the exact title of this thread, anything would go:

But you know that's not really what it is about!?!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Mik
Mik's picture

21/09/10 Update.
No news from the bike. Even we agreed friendly with the local distributor that he will call me the next day with an fix forecast and to arrange an alternative bike in the meantime, he didn't. No bike, no news, no calls no alternative bike. Three months!
Yesterday I've contacted Mr Brian Buccella, VP Sales and Marketing USA. Even I know there is not much he can do, at least he responded my mail, asking for the local distributor details.
In the meantime, I exchanged a couple of SMS with the local agent, which is ignoring all we agreed two days ago.
Since we have a whole holidays week here, I guess I won't hear from him till the next week.
I allow that period of time for a formal Vectrix response, afterwards, if no bike, answer or compensation is provided, I'm going to sue them.
Can't see other way.

So here we are, back on topic: Clagros, any news you would like to share since this last post of yours?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

jlb

How about you just start a new thread when you realise you have something important - but rather vaguely related - to say? The main advantage is that it will most likely be easier to find if it has an appropriate heading.

Well, if you look at the exact title of this thread, anything would go:

But you know that's not really what it is about!?!

It's my fault. I really apologize for offtopic.
Cheers.
JLB

clagros

Hi Folks,
I was amazed how this topic gained volume, even the original issue was somehow forgotten, so it is good to know that somebody still keeps the eyes in the original topic.
As told, last week I contacted Vectrix USA, and they (obviuosly) told they have no direct contact withe the distributor in Israel. He asked for all the relevant details, and in his last mail he told that he couldn't make contact with the israeli distributor.

In the meantime, no news from the bike, besides the fact I found it completely dissasembled and in a cathastrofic state(bumps and scratches). They promised me many times a temporary electric bike (the same as 'plugandrivein' or so, but again, only words.
Yesterday I figured out that I'm paying A LOT OF MONEY for insurance (about U$D 2.1K by year!!!!)so I cancelled the insurance (I've already payed for about 3 months while I haven't the bike).
I also sent SMSs to the israeli distributor, his parter and a technician (because this is the only way they communicated with me), but no answer.
My lawer advised to go to the police and declare the vehicle is not in my possesion anymore, so I'm planned to do so in short.

What's next? Well... still don't know. Even the mails I got from Vectrix USA are promising, there is no doubt that there a lot of formal and technical issues involved in order to give a 'quick' solution, after about three months the bike was taken for reparations.
From my standpoint and taking into account safety considerations, I think I'm not able to receive the bike after such a long time, even 'repaired' since beyond the fact that it is more than evident the bike was misstreated, mostly it was used for 'research' so now I cannot be sure what am I getting back.
What would you do instead fo me, if you take your shiny new vehicle for reparations and you cannot get it back, or - in the 'best' scenario' - you get it after three months you don't know what happen with it?

More to come...

AndY1
AndY1's picture

I'm very sorry to hear that :-(

Report to Police ASAP!

clagros

tnx Andy- where r u from?

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Slovenia, EU.

MAbike

Dear JLB-

I checked w Bereco- and the Infinity is Plug In Drive tech technology. Call them re: Pricing. I think it will improve as they only had the 2 demos to work with until now. The name will include Plugin Drive tech going forward. This will also be on their web site.

By the way - the technology you saw is now even better w upgrades..

I know this is a Chinese body style- but believe me it is a conscious decision between investing in the technology and the tooling.. By far, you are better off in a reliable bike with a smart controller that is properly integrated. PDT is being distributed in the UK, France & the Benelux by Emissions Free Solutions - it has direct technical support and spare parts availability. The batteries are GBS who has a distribution center in Germany.

Also- I tried to look at Goeliz- and it seems maybe they took the Maxi off their web site.. I dont know why

Best

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage