V dealer London

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
just_looking
V dealer London

Ok I’m a little bit stuck here, I said on another posting I would test ride a V some time this month but though it has only been a couple of days, have not been able to find a dealer in the London area.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a V dealer in the London area that may have one for testing?

I saw one company claim to have them on their web site but when I rang them it seems they were not trading any longer or that is the impression it got.

According to what I have been reading the market should be flooded with them, but they ain't.

tom5007
Re: V dealer London

Try Metropolis in Vauxhall (http://www.metropolismotorcycles.com)they used to have two Vectrix some 3 month ago. Not sure they still sell them there.

Norman

leanm
leanm's picture

Hi just looking. I think we have communicated before but we have a demo VX1 available at our showroom in Canterbury - only 50 odd miles from London and a good day out to boot!

We also have a lovely 2008 used VX1 in Gulf Oil colours for sale with under 1800 miles on the clock. We can also offer you a new, unregistered VX1 in 2009 colours (blue with white stripes) at well below list.

Contact us for further details at ride (@) leanmachines-kent dot co dot uk.

LeanMachines

MAbike

Also- These folks have plenty of stock and great technical service..

EMISSIONS FREE SOLUTIONS
Unit 12
Chater Business Estate
Pit Lane, Ketton
Rutland, PE9 3SZ
Tel: 01780 722 442
Email: sales [at] emissionsfree.co.uk

just_looking

Thanks guys I will take these under consideration, I would prefer to remain local ie london but metropolis do not have favourable conditions for a test ride, so I will have to pass on them, I may consider canterbury but the problem is still that it will not be a fair test on the bike.

I will have to keep looking for now.

leanm
leanm's picture

Hi again just looking. I'm not quite sure what you mean by favourable conditions for testing a VX1?

Here in Canterbury we have traffic too! The City ring road can be just like bits of London and one thing is for sure, we have some quite big hills! The Old Kent Road today was really not much worse than Canterbury Wincheap at rush hour.

We have plenty of room around the University for riding too!

Let me know if you fancy a go!

(Incidentally, I was really pleased to see an Acid Green 2009 spec VX1 going east along the Old Kent Road towards New Cross today!)

Terrynew trio.jpg

LeanMachines

just_looking

My comment with regard to favourability was associated to metropolis, their conditions are quite odd for a test ride.

I won't say what they are but if anyone is curious make enquiries with them, it put me off of them.

The cantebury solution seems the most likely at the moment but I am still looking.

Mik
Mik's picture

The only environment (in my opinion) in which the VX-1 will shine during a test drive is an uphill winding road where you have to repeatedly accelerate out of tight turns, at speeds between 60km/h and 80km/h. That's really fun!

For some reason, the (often mentioned and in my opinion rather theoretical) maximum torque at zero RPM for electric motors is not possible for the Vectrix. For whatever reason, it has rather near zero torque at zero RPM. But it shines between 60km/h and 80m/h - but only if you have an uphill road (or better, a racetrack!) to use it!

It would probably be best to have racetrack with many tight turns and a few hills, with about 10km per round (and many power points along the side lines, in case you do not quite make the second or third round...)

I am yet to read a riding report by a "sports" bike rider to evaluate the VX-1's performance under highly demanding conditions....judging by the sissi lines on my tires, and the very, very small abrasions on the "winglets" of my Vectux, I'm a whimp, for sure! But compared to my previous bike, a Kawasaki KH250B, the VX-1 frame is as stable as a sofa (bolted down)!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

jethro

The 100% torque at zero revs is not evident because of the power being limited as you set off.
As someone who often thrashed the backside off my bike in my opinion the handling is restricted by the tyres - no sissy lines on my tyres and holes in the winglets, although I can't advise riding like this I just can't help it at times!

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage