25.000 km

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jmurbani
25.000 km

Hi ,
just a bit of info regarding my vec experience that might be of any interest for some of you
I had to re-register here cause had forgotten id datas including my email address .... (divorce and other issues ...)
I've commuted using my vec for one year and 8 months so far
my millage is 25.000 km on one pack
yesterday I did the same "long" 80 km test trip I had done two week after I having purchased this bike and it worked showing the pack is still ok
they recently changed my faulty controller that had failed after 23.000 km ...
I am still waiting for spare parts (plastic body parts) I have recently been delivered but they sent me someone else order .....
my encoder seem to be about to die .......
apart from this I am happy for the moment ...
regards
jean michel

mikemitbike
mikemitbike's picture
Re: 25.000 km

my encoder seem to be about to die .......

How, does this affect the daily use? Yellow wrench and Encdr-Error on the display?
Have you tried tho clean the Encoder like in this post ?
"Encoder studies" was a good help for me.

Greetings Mike

jmurbani

Hi Mike,
exactly, the yellow wreck sometimes lights and the encodr error message is displayed from time to time .
there is no other symptoms
my dealer cleans it every time he services the bike ... this time the wrench came back only 2 days after the last cleaning/calibration ......
an other weak point as far I I know ..... anyway ...
there was a bike in the workshop waiting for it's new encoder for 3 months ......
future nightmare .....
anyway we will see...
regards
jean mi

vectrix for long i hope ...

HarryS

As Mike had posted before, the encoder error is due to the gasket disintigrating leaving black dust everywhere. I removed the gasket cleaned the inside with airgun and a kimwipe and replaced it with a Permatex® Ultra Blue® Multipurpose RTV Silicone Gasket which can e bought in 3 oz Tubes for about $5 at you local automobile parts store.

Fills gaps up to 0.25" when fully cured. Sensor-safe, low odor, noncorrosive. Outstanding oil resistance and joint movement values. Eight times more flexible than cork/composite gaskets; three times more oil resistant than conventional silicones. Temperature range -65ºF to 500ºF (-54°C to 260°C) intermittent. Resists common fluids and excessive vibration.

No problem since.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage