Revolution EV Open for Business (and free shipping for all!)

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Revolution EV Open for Business (and free shipping for all!)

Hi,

My website: http://www.revevllc.com is now open for business.

As a thank-you to readers and posters on this site I'm offering free shipping. Just type "freeship" (without the quotes) into the coupon field.

Thanks,
John H.
Blue XM-2000,
Ann Arbor, MI
http://www.revevllc.com

kringle777
kringle777's picture
Re: Revolution EV Open for Business (and free shipping for all!)

Congratulations on your site John! Looks nice and clean. Have you thought about offering the BattEQ's, Powercheq's, or Paktrakr's? I just ordered my Paktrakr and Sensor unit today, but would've totally purchased it from you if it had been available. Already got an XM-2000, so don't need that. I'm waiting to hear back on how to order the 6 battery version of the BattEQ. Maybe that's something I could order from you if you had it.

Anyway, good luck!

kringle777
Red XM-2000
Moss Green "Charger" ebike
Sacramento, CA

kringle777
Red XM-2000
Moss Green "Charger" ebike
Sacramento, CA

PJD
PJD's picture

Just one suggestion.

I think the more appropriate term for the XM-2000 is "motor scooter" or (the legal term) "motor driven cycle", not "moped". With it's 40+ mph speed, in most states, it is going to require registration as a motorcycle or a motor driven cycle. Also, in many states, a moped must have pedals.

Then, in many areas, including my own area, the term "moped" seems to have a lot of negative connotations that are not associated with "motor scooter". Would a vintage Vespa or even a Honda Metropolitan ever be called a "moped"? I have problems with this all the time riding my e-max. (various @#!!$#@# shouting "hey moped man! Get a real bike!" and the like...)

So consider calling the XM 2000 a "motor scooter".

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Thanks for the input PJD - however, the XM-2000 is clearly marked as a moped actually on the bike itself. What I might do is weave all those terms into my site text as they are all an applicable way of describing the bike. As far as negative connotations go I don't think there's much to do about that the folks shouting are usually driving great honkin' SUVs in the city and look pretty silly to me...

Kringle - thanks - I'm going to look at what's involved in selling PowerCheqs and/or PakTrakrs. Now that I have the basic site up and running I can start adding more stuff. I probably won't be selling the BattEQ (yet).

John H.
Blue XM-2000
Ann Arbor, MI

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Bernie
Bernie's picture

So the University of Michigan Medical School campus would be included in your service area, and what type of support services do you offer?

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Hi Bernie,

Yes, the UofM Medical School Campus is in Ann Arbor and would be in my service area. For additional cost I offer a pre-delivery inspection service and an extended warranty (90 days as opposed to the standard 30). I also offer lifetime technical support (questions and answers and assistance in problem solving).

At present I do not offer ongoing maintenance but would be willing to consider this if you require it - most likely I would subcontract any mechanical work to a local scooter dealer. For standard scooter maintenance (e.g. tire replacement) and accessories (e.g. locks, crash helmets etc.) the local (gas) scooter store I recommend is Scoot Around Town

Please feel free to contact me at john ...at... htvllc.com (replace ...at... with @) or via phone (734 649 8356) and we can discuss your requirements in more detail.

John H.
Blue XM-2000
Ann Arbor, MI

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Bernie
Bernie's picture

jdh2550_1,
Thank you, I'll contact Scoot Around Town.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage