xb600 first impressions

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
gushar
xb600 first impressions

Well, my xtreme xb600 arrived yesterday. Thanks to Articfox for providing tracking number , good customer service, etc.! Maybe it's just me...but I don't see how anyone can complain about these scooters. Wow...awesome...and just what I wanted beyond what I already have (Freedom 958, 36v,900 watt). The XB600 probably goes about 2-3 mph faster...cruising at around 19-22 on the flats according to the speedo...which seems to be fairly accurate. The scooter just feels very solid and looks great! And that whisper quiet ride...narvana! I'll be putting a bike computer on it so will know more in the future about how accurate the speedo is...but like I said it seems accurate.

I know now Articfox though why you might be thinking of having them shipped to you first, etc. When the box on pallet arrived (R+L trucking) and the delivery guy opened the truck door I could see the scooter box was crushed somewhat on top...and once we got it on the ground we could see a handlebar grip poking out one side. The delivery guy was really nice and suggested we just cut the hole in the side of the box open more and look around since apparently you have to accept the shipment once you unbox it completely. So, we cut a couple of holes in the box and looked around and miraculously everything was just fine...not a scratch anywhere even on the handlebar grip end that was protruding through the box.

Now, somebody has got to teach the Chinese how to write in English! The manual that comes with it actually seems to be more for another scooter even though the few pics inside are correct. And probably half of the text explains things that aren't even applicable to this scooter. And you can forget about using the instructions about finishing the assembly once you unbox it. You have to put on the front wheel and drum brake up front. No instructions for this or hardly anything else in any detail..or that make any sense. Course most of the assembly you have to do is pretty simple stuff once you take your time and figure it out.

I do wonder, and maybe Cheapride can respond to this since he has the XB508...if the seat is supposed to latch down tight??? It closes fine but not all the way down firm. It's only firmly down on the base when you put your weight on it. Otherwise you can rock it loosely side to side since it isn't pulled down firm on the scooter. Couldn't see any adjustment for this. Also noticed once that the speedo didn't go all the way back down to zero once I stopped...but stayed up around 10kph??? I tapped it and it went on down. So yeah, there's some cheap stuff but the frame seems fairly substantial and the ride is just great! As I think Cheapride said...you just won't get more fun for $799! And great features...the lights have bright and dim...and the turn signals have a pushbutton cutoff. However, it apparently doesn't have a "reverse" as the ad copy seems to indicate. Thinking maybe they mean it is possible to add one...since the copy says "reverse capability." But then why would you need that anyway??? Oh, and since there was virtually no explanation of the charger maybe you all might know the answer....I'm wondering why the charger has two lights...and as you're charging the batts one light goes green and the other red...until I guess it turns green. I've not charged it long enough yet to get both green which I assume indicates full charge. So, my speed might not be as high as it can go...since I haven't fully charged the batts yet. Distance seems to be very good...the charge meter has "maybe" barely moved down after 2-3 miles riding....and doesn't "pull down" hardly any when you're putting the motor under a strain...as my Freedom does.

Will be glad to respond to any questions and answer anything I haven't mentioned here.

Gushar

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Re: xb600 first impressions

Thanks gushar! 8)

Have you any pictures yet?

www.BaseStationZero.com

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

gushar
Re: xb600 first impressions

No Articfox haven't left it still long enough to photograph it...but will do that soon and once I figure out how to put pics here I will. Some updates....I sent a technical support note to x-treme asking about the charger operation only to realize minutes after I sent it that it says right under the lights..."power charge"...which obviously means one light indicates it's on and the other indicates when the charge is full! Duhhhhh. But, also I thought I'd give them a test for customer service and I mentioned that the speedo would not fall below 5kph when stopped....although it otherwise seems to work fine. Lo and behold I get a call last Saturday morning and the guy says "this is ? from x-treme scooters calling about your support ticket..." etc. He asked me how I liked the scooter and this and that and before he could address the charger question I told him I had figured it out and that it was charging fine. I then mentioned the speedo and he said "we'll be sending you another one..." and he confirmed my address, etc. Now, that was great customer service!

I had my friend who weighs 170 lbs get on the scooter with me (120 lbs) so I could see if it would ride that much weight. And, the street in front of my house has a very slight incline...and the scooter moved along...about 10-12 mph...all the way up the street. So, I am impressed with the power ability. Although I'm in Florida there are a couple of hills in a neighborhood near mine...one hill very steep. And there is a radical speed bump at the bottom so you have to practically stop at the bottom...and the scooter will pull right up that steep hill from almost a stop at the bottom. Course it's slow but it does go right on up the hill. And I'm also impressed with the charge time. I have barely seen the charge meter needle drop and have ridden at least 12 miles without a charge... and no noticeable power loss. This scooter seems like it will run forever on a single charge!

Summing up...everyone who has ridden it or seen it thinks it's great...especially for the cost. As I continue to read posts on the forum I believe even more that some folks simply need to buy an electric/gas motorcycle rather than a "scooter." I mean scooters have traditionally never been expected to have power like a motorcycle...electric or gas. Oh and that reminds me...was going across one of our 3 mile bay bridges the other day (in my car of course!) and some old fool was riding a gas scooter (maxed out at about 40mph) right down the middle of the inside lane...holding up traffic and about to get creamed by a very large truck! I couldn't believe anyone had that much nerve...or I should say lack of good sense! Couldn't figure out why he didn't at least ride in the bike lane! Course I wouldn't ride any scooter in any lane across that bridge with all the continuous traffic it gets!

Later folks,
Gushar

Gus

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage