Using the E-Max mods on Topmotorx/Kasea Bikes

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
vinnie
Using the E-Max mods on Topmotorx/Kasea Bikes

Alright, so I have poured through everything in the archives and want to begin with a shout-out to Keith, Paul and the others for being so open and helpful with their knowledge. I am looking at a couple of bikes from a dealer who is getting the 'new' line of topmotorx.com products in under the name of 'EMoto' which includes, as far as I can tell, the Kasea ZE-2000, the E-Max sport, and a model similar to the E-Cruiser 220.

We believe we can apply the E-Max mods to these models as well, according to earlier posts.

Has anyone out there actually done any of the mods on the Kasea and can comment?

Also, I am thinking about taking the batteries out right away and replacing them with a 60v setup. If I remove the black box and make the other controller mods, would this work or am I overlooking something?

I was thinking about using 5 EB50-12's from B&B with 3 Powercheq's. Are these too big in size to fit 5 of them? If so, any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: Using the E-Max mods on Topmotorx/Kasea Bikes

Probably just a typo - but you'll need 4 PowerCheq's (you typed 3) if you have 5 batteries. The number of balancers is always one less than the number of batteries.

John H.
Blue XM-2000
Ann Arbor, MI

(man I really should get back to work if they look at my internet stats today I'm done for!)

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

vinnie

Yes, yes! Sorry...4 powercheqs!

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

vinnie

Frame_for_battery_placement.jpg

I believe this is the space I would have for the batteries. If I'm doing my geometry correctly, I should be able to fit 5 of the EB 50-12's in there. With the controller mods and removable of the black box, I should be good to go, yes? Am I overlooking anything?

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

JDELUNA

If you do decide to do this, please take pictures and document everything so that others like me can duplicate it, as I too have a 2006 Emax Sport that I would like to modify to 60 volts.

Also do you have a better picture so I can see the placement of the 5 batteries to see how they are arranged ??

Again thanks for any info. Please let us know how it goes. God Bless :)

vinnie
Need some quick pointers!!!

The battery placement for 5 should look like the smaller picture in the corner. I am not good with the 3D computer drawing stuff so any attempts I made to better illustrate reminded me of some of my kindergarten drawings...

I will definitely record this mod with pictures and writings from a non-electrical engineer perspective. Although I will be relying heavily on the work already posted by Paul (PJD) and Keith (kmullee).

I am getting ready to embark but I have a few basic questions I need help with:

1) If I put in 5 B&B EB 50-12's, can I still use the 48v, 10a charger that comes with my bike? Could I use two of these chargers in tandem.

2) If I decided to tack on two more 12v, 20Ah silicone batteries on the current 2x4x12v, 20Ah setup, is it smart to put the exact same battery in or could I go with a comparable silicone battery from Eric Fisher?

Can anyone help me with these questions? I know they are simple but I still have some gaps in my knowledge here!!!

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage