VIP Software update kit in Denver, CO

40 posts / 0 new
Last post
X Vectrix
Re: VIP Software update kit in Denver, CO

neopav
Dana had a moment. 1021 is not fully compatible with charger v3001. Thats why you had no voltage/temp data. 1017/3001 was the end of the line for the MC/ESD pair. Any version of MC greater than 1017 is for EVPS charger only.

neopav

X Vectrix,

thank you very much for your informations!
So, this was just a little error in the file sent to me... By chance v1021 it is still compatible with the ESD charger, so not to damage it!

And also knowing that Vectrix Co. is not removing features from the Scooter is a good news!

The only strange thing is that Dana did not answer to me when I noticed this error... Usually he has always been very fast and kind in answering my emails.
But as soon as I receive some news from him, I will update this tread.

Thank you all!

gilesmartin

Rewski,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but do you still have the update kit? My 09 didn't come with the 68MPH upgrade and i would really like to do it. I contacted Vectrix support but I am not sure if they have gotten that back up and running. Few of the local dealers even know about the upgrade.

Thanks,

Rob

rewski

Rewski,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but do you still have the update kit? My 09 didn't come with the 68MPH upgrade and i would really like to do it. I contacted Vectrix support but I am not sure if they have gotten that back up and running. Few of the local dealers even know about the upgrade.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob,

Nope. I got the VIP kit sent to my house from Vectrix (Dana DeCosta) installed it on my bike and shipped it back to Dana. Regarding local Vectrix dealers, to my knowledge there are no dealers for New Vectrix yet in Denver. Supposedly a shop in Boulder is going to be a dealer once Vectrix gets all the paperwork done for it's new dealership network.

Adam

Adam - Denver, CO
2007 Vectrix VX-1 charged with the power of the sun = zero carbon footprint

gilesmartin

Adam,

Did you still have danas contact into?

I know the dealership scene in Colorado has been a bit murky but the dealer in boulder you referred to (Colorado powersports) was already a dealer when I started seriously looking about a month ago. CO powersports also has a location in northglenn btw. I personally worked with Paul Flood and Colin Shattuck (of sportique scooters) to get the four sportique locations to be authorized dealers as well. I'm just a little impatient and want the update now.

rewski

Adam,

Did you still have danas contact into?

I know the dealership scene in Colorado has been a bit murky but the dealer in boulder you referred to (Colorado powersports) was already a dealer when I started seriously looking about a month ago. CO powersports also has a location in northglenn btw. I personally worked with Paul Flood and Colin Shattuck (of sportique scooters) to get the four sportique locations to be authorized dealers as well. I'm just a little impatient and want the update now.

Sent you a PM.

Adam

Adam - Denver, CO
2007 Vectrix VX-1 charged with the power of the sun = zero carbon footprint

tt-tronix
tt-tronix's picture

Hello,

let me introduce myself briefly: My name is Tido, I am from Germany, electronics engineer.

I have bought a used Vectrix about 3 months ago and really enjoyed riding it for about 3500 kms now. After buying I discovered, that it is not covered by guarantee because it was imported by a company which was not authorized to sell the scooters to final customers....

A few days ago my charger (from ESD Electronics) had a bad defect. The first attempt to repair it ended with a loud BANG as it tried to start charging. Because it is very difficult to open it and to get the power PCB out, I am not willing to waste more time by trying to repair it....

So I bought a new runkie charger (knowing that a motor controller firmware is required) from Vectrix Germany, build the scooter together so I can ride it to my home (the v stood disassembled in my fathers garage where is more space for a week).

But the charger obviously won't charge the battery until the motor controller (REV1017) is updated to REV1021. A friend of mine has a PCAN USB, so it would be no problem to update the motor controller at home. But Vectrix Germany now wants me to bring it to the next dealer (240kms from here!) or to call the Vectrix mobile service (over 500kms from here!) for update.

My intention to buy the Vectrix was to save fossil fuels and not to waste them by driving hundereds of kilometers with a gas powered car and with my vectrix on a trailer.

So I would really appreciate a VIP update kit, but Vectrix Germany told me, that they are not very reliable?!

@rewski: If you still have Mr. DeCostas contact.... I am also a little impatient and also want the update asap....

Tido

rocketeir
rocketeir's picture

Dana was in Denver yesterday visiting the Denver Colorado Powersports on 104th street. Since I could not get to the shop he stopped by my house yesterday and updated the software on my new 2008 VX-1. He is a great guy and employee number 10 with the company. We talked quite a bit about company history and Scooter hints and tips. The software update went great and I have all functionality. He still rides a 2005 pre-production model. When's the last time anybody made a house call to help out a customer?

2008 Vectrix VX-1 bought new July 30, 2011

R
R's picture

He still rides a 2005 pre-production model.

Woow.. these 2005 vectrix were a blast to ride, I clearly remember driving them in barcelona in 2006 during the MOtoh: they performed like a yamaha tmax 500cc... I was astonished how the power was slashed in my 2007 production model! That was a real pity...

Pages

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There is currently 1 user online.

• gln103

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage