145 posts / 0 new
Last post
VectrixOfficial
Re: Vectrix closing shop, sending people home

Joshteacher...a suspicious man!

Michael Fulton
Director of International Sales
e-mail: mfulton [at] vectrix.com

You can also find me on Linked In as Michael E Fulton. Press release from June given below:

Vectrix™ Names Michael Fulton as Director of International Sales

Industry Veteran Joins Vectrix Global Sales Team
New Bedford, MA – June 12, 2013 - VECTRIX™, a leading global designer and manufacturer of all-electric two-and three wheeled scooters, Vectrix™ has named Michael Fulton the new Director of International Sales, effective June 2013. The two-wheeled industry veteran brings valuable multinational distribution management experience to Vectrix global sales efforts. Prior to joining Vectrix, Michael was the International Sales and Marketing Manager for VMoto and, before that, the Global Key Account Manager for E-max Germany. After nearly a decade in the two-wheeled e-scooter segment, Michael’s skill set encompasses distribution set up, sales management, fleet sales, marketing, production and after sales support. British-born and a current Swedish resident, Michael will be actively overseeing the European, African, and the Middle Eastern markets along with other key global opportunities.

"We are very excited to welcome Michael Fulton to the Vectrix team. His expertise in the two-wheeled industry is tremendously valuable to our Vectrix global distribution efforts,” said Brian Buccella, Vectrix President. “Michael’s vision, distribution contacts, and business acumen are an excellent match for our international sales opportunities. We expect great things from Michael and the entire Vectrix electric line-up, especially as we ramp up for the launch of our electric tall wheel scooter, the VT-1.”
Vectrix products are all-electric, have great range, excellent handling and acceleration. The Vecrix line-up of all-electric with zero gas emissions scooters are dedicated to bringing fun, innovative technology to the consumer. With key features like regenerative throttle, dual filament headlights, front and rear disc brakes and an innovative charging system that plugs right into a standard 220V / 110V outlet, it’s no wonder the Vectrix VX-1 and VX-2 have won CleanWeek’s European “e-Scooter of the Year” awards.

VectrixOfficial

CO2: "Bmw-c have somes pieces of vectrix". Vectrix has not been involved in any of the development or parts supply for the C Evolution. As you will know from the announcement last year by Daimler, we are in cooperation with them for the Smart e-scooter and no other European automotive or motorcycle companies: http://www.daimler.com/dccom/0-5-7153-1-1555157-1-0-0-0-0-0-16694-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.html

VectrixOfficial

To Jones:

Many thanks for your kind words :-) I have been with Vectrix since June 2013. I have been in the electric scooter industry since 2006. I started out as an importer of electric scooters into the UK. I have been through every aspect of this business from fixing scooters on the side of the road back then to high level corporate meetings with OEMs now. My job is to present our products in the best way possible, ensure asap that we have a highly professional distribution network and all of the other steps necessary to allow people to have sufficient faith in the brand long term to make a purchase. I am not here to retain people's money or interest. That is a personal decision by any past or future customer.

Vectrix is a private company and the agreement with Daimler is confidential so I will not comment on either of those topics. I would ask you to sit back and observe what happens in the coming months. We are all working incredibly hard to get things right. I now have a 16 hour day at EICMA and follow on meetings and have not been home in 5 weeks so please give us a little break.

Thanks.

VectrixOfficial

Jones: "At this point I suspect that the small group of engineers are trying desperately to put together a bike for Daimler with the hopes of an introduction in 2014. Daimler made an introduction of this bike and claimed the it would be ready for 2014. If it makes it, I worried that it will have the same fate as the VX-1........Lots of issues and NO SUPPORT!"

That is not how Daimler works and Vectrix by 2014 will have completed its rise to their automotive standards as requested. Already our factory has recently been awarded TS_16949 accreditation. All after sales systems, manufacturing process, scooter and parts deliveries from start of production will also meet precisely the same standard as any other company in the Daimler group.

Remember the VT-1 has been designed and built completely from scratch- it shares no common parts with any other scooter aside from tyres. Even the suspension, ABS system and brakes have been specifically designed for Vectrix and its cooperation partners.

I would suggest before commenting that you learn some things about product development before presuming that only now our engineers are putting together a first bike!

I understand the many issues in after sales support that have occurred in the past, especially around the time of the bankruptcy and with VX-1 battery packs since. The distribution network in many countries also faltered. 2014 will be the year when you will see a much different picture. In the last few months in several countries the distribution network has been radically improved ready for next year. As an example in one major European country we have gone from a distributor with little reach or financial strength to a billion Euro turnover company which is no. 1 in that market.

We are working tirelessly now to make this company a success and learn from all of the mistakes from the past.

VectrixOfficial

To Seierman:

The owner of Vectrix Germany decided to close the company down. Since then our after sales team in Poland contacted all known dealers and offered them direct support. Several did not sign up for reasons unknown to us. If any dealer is not receiving such support, please ask them to contact Anna afalkowska [at] vectrixeurope.com and she will add them to the online after sales system where they can make all warranty claims, order parts etc. Vectrix stands by all of its products warranty periods. Any major issues after that then you can escalate your enquiry and contact Piotr pstec [at] vectrix.com

A new distributor for Germany will be appointed in the next month ready for 2014. They are a major company with a large dealer network and over 100 employees. They will also be adding several new dealers who are interested to take on Vectrix with the new and older products.

Their dealers benefit, amongst other things, from:

a browser-based "DEALER SPACE" for spare parts orders and warranty issues
spare parts deliveries within 24 hours (Austria & Germany)
technical support in various languages
support in marketing activities and at events

VectrixOfficial

Details on VT-1 (note these do not yet show the mirrors with integrated LED indicators as photo shoot was done pre-EICMA):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55349877/VT-1%20Product%20Brochure.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55349877/VT-1%20Product%20Display%20Sheet.pdf

Some of the design features:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11300364.htm

I'll post some photos from EICMA asap. Has had an extremely positive reception by people from all over the world (as we all as competitors!)

Johnny J
Johnny J's picture

What´s the thought with the extremely small battery? (48V/28Ah)

R
R's picture

"Bmw-c have somes pieces of vectrix". Vectrix has not been involved in any of the development or parts supply for the C Evolution.

The production version of BMW c-evolution has nothing in common with the vectrix VX1.
However, BMW bought some time ago a vectrix and repaneled it as a BMW C1 prototype :
http://visforvoltage.org/forum/7636-bmw-c1-e-powered-vectrix-electric-motor

R
R's picture

Dear VectrixOfficial,

All the contents inside internet are systematically scanned by spam robots, looking for email addresses to spam them. Consider using alternative email forms, such as x () vectrix com

Drew
Drew's picture

Dear VectrixOfficial,

All the contents inside internet are systematically scanned by spam robots, looking for email addresses to spam them. Consider using alternative email forms, such as x () vectrix com

Michael, 'R' raises a very good point and it's actually a very good idea to hide the actual address in a 'human-can-understand-only' format - you can edit the posts you've made to protect those addresses (very useful, thank you) and the individuals concerned.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Best wishes,

Drew
first(dot) ideas (at) gmail {dot} com or firstdotideasatgmaildotcom - something like that!

Drew

CO2

Thanks R...

So why in Europe (Spain, France and Portugal) Vectrix have all this problem.
Vectrix told me that they are with the annual inventory and that this week they would release the goods but not confirmed the date yet although I passed two emails this morning, and nothing.....

Seiermann

I really don't know how someone can compare the VT-1 wth the C-evolution !???
You compare eggs with apples...
It would be great if there will be a new vectrix Germany company but this is too late for me cause I should do the yearly checkup of my V last summer (every year) to have the warranty for my new batterie I bought in summer 2012. As my dealer is no longer dealing and supporting Vectrix (they said, they didn't have any support from Vectrix Poland and so they decided to stop their Vectrix-story) I couldn't bring my V for the checkup and so I have no longer warranty... :-(
Now I have a the red warning light after commuting 12 km and no support from anyone, except the forum. But there's no one who's selling me the sh** GP-cells. GP is not corresponding with me as I'm only a little stupid customer...
I need a reliable car or bike to go to work every day and I'm not a millioner but now I paid nearly 10.000€ for commuting appr. 7000km !!! and therefore I'm very sad. Now I' m waiting for the C-evolution coming into the show rooms hoping they make a goog offer to all the
disapointed Vectrixers to change their V into a C.
Greets
Seiermann

MEroller
MEroller's picture

To allow carrying it around?

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

Johnny J
Johnny J's picture

Bring to parties, show to your friends? ;-)

MEroller
MEroller's picture

Bring to parties, show to your friends? ;-)

Well, maybe that too :-)

My rides:

The Laird

Hello Folks,

Just thought that I'd throw in my two pennyworth.

I have just e-mailed Mr Fulton to offer my help, I will publish his response in full.

E-mail begins :-)

Hello Mr Fulton,

My name is Sandy and I write/post on the V is for Voltage Forum under the name 'The Laird' ( actually I am a Laird, but that is not the point).

Today is the first time I have seen this particular thread and I am hoping that you really are interested in producing and marketing a genuine, useful and reliable product.

I have worked on batteries, chargers and charge techniques for some years now and, having spotted the flaws in the Vectrix (VX1) charging system, I have endeavoured to improve things. Sadly, Vectrix (the old firm) weren't interested in my approaches.

I am now offering your company my services as a consultant on battery charging techniques, and the care of battery storage systems. My fees will be modest and well worth the expense.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding my offer.

Yours Sincerely,

The Laird.

e-mail ends :-)

I think that we're about to find out whether or not they are interested in supporting the old VX1 and whether or not they are prepared to listen to experience and knowledge.

Telling it like it is, Again.

The Laird

R
R's picture

In fact, the Laird managed to improve the original firmware, and has successfully adapted it to many lithium configurations. Plenty vectrix owners are in debt with him, Thank you The laird!.

Aircon

Absolutely right.

The Laird

Hello again folks,

Well my e-mail to Mr Fulton has brought a response and, as I promised, here it is:-

e-mail begins:-

Dear Sandy,

Many thanks for your email. There are several changes being made to the VX1 including the new battery pack from a new supplier. If you could give me a few more details on your experience and overview of your work to date then I can pass to our engineering team and HR departments.

Best regards,

Sent from My iPad

Michael Fulton
Director of International Sales

e-mail ends.

My reply, sent this a.m.

e-mail begins:-

Hello Michael,

Many thanks for your reply.

I am one of the 'old school', my technical qualifications include a
'City & Guilds Full Technological Certificate in Electronic Engineering'
and my practical skills include Teaching Electronics, and also Designing
and Building an electric 'vehicle and then competing with that vehicle
in the Lucas Electric vehicle competition of the late 1970's (came 14th
in a field of 80 with many not completing the course).
Since then, I have worked in Radio, T.V. and Closed Circuit Television,
designing and building custom equipment for Video and access control.
Much of my work involved troubleshooting and problem solving, some of
that on battery powered emergency equipment.

Result of all of this is that I have learned the practical way how to
get the best out of a battery without vandalising it. If you follow the
'V' forum, then you may have noticed that the variation on the 'Vectrix
charger software' that I have produced has, by all accounts, worked
well, possibly giving some batteries another lease of life. Ask on the
forum, see what response you get, it should be interesting.

What I am offering is 'Consultancy', I will review your charger
software and sort out the problems. We can set a fixed price for the
whole job or I can work as required for a daily fee, the choice is
yours.

Again many thanks for your reply and interest. I look forward to
hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Sandy (The Laird)

e-mail ends:

I fell sure that we will all wait with baited breath to see what transpires, I certainly shall.

I will keep the forum posted on developments,

The Laird.

Aircon

Hello again folks,

Well my e-mail to Mr Fulton has brought a response and, as I promised, here it is:-

Whilst I have no doubt, based on what you've done already, that you'd do a great job for them, Mr Fulton taking you on would be a huge slap in the face for the current engineers. I'd be surprised if they're the same people that did the initial design.

OTOH, it's always nice to have someone look at something with fresh eyes. Hopefully they're open minded enough to accept your help and experience.

JimmyB

Most interesting to me is the phrase "new battery pack from a new supplier" - what does this say for the relationship with GP?

Joshteacher
Joshteacher's picture
JimmyB

It might just be me, but I think it would be lovely if you'd stop spamming the board with your batteries ...

CHL lithium battery
CHL lithium battery's picture

Ok,sorry

CHL lithium battery
CHL lithium battery's picture

Ok,sorry to bother you,I come here once several months only.

Drew
Drew's picture

Ok,sorry to bother you,I come here once several months only.

I actually find it quite refreshing that a battery manufacturer has chosen to join this forum and post information relating to products that may suit our Vectrix bikes - it's just that maybe there is a more appropriate place to post this info, rather than in this thread.

It is of course extremely unlikely that anyone from GP would post information and pricing of the original 30Ah GP cells here. I actually found the CHL 50Ah cell pricing information from CHL lithium battery very useful! Again though, it might have been better in the 'selling' section of the forum, perhaps in the section marked community marketplace? If anyone has a better suggestion, please point me and CHL lithium battery there. I wouldn't want to discourage the flow of potentially useful information, just let's get it in the right place! An interested party in improving the number of options open to Vectrix riders has to be a good thing!

As to this particular thread, I have heard that GP may have 'amicably agreed' to let Vectrix go - I'm not sure if that means there are new investors or not, who now own Vectrix, but the impression I got was that it was mutually beneficial to both GP and Vectrix. GP effectively loses Vectrix and reduces associated costs and Vectrix, on the other hand, gets a new supplier of batteries with different (perhaps more appropriate, time will tell) technology.

The good news though is that they're looking at making the same LiMn2O4 pouch-type batteries available as an upgrade to the existing VX-1 NiMH bikes (and I wonder perhaps the GP Li and Li+ with early failures?). They won't be removable like on the VT-1 but hopefully it might fix some of the problems seen. The upgrade should come on-line mid 2014 IIRC. would be lovely to see some specs for the upgrade...

Best wishes,

Drew

Drew

Randy W

I have to agree with Drew on this one. "Spam" is blanket, un-targeted, unrelated advertising. CHL Lithium's (who, I think, is or knows Mountain Chen?) comments are quite relevant to the topic at hand. We'd be foolish to ignore any new battery configuration.
My $0.02.

Randy W
Santa Rosa, CA
2 ZAP! Zapinos

JimmyB

Rereading my comment above it was perhaps a bit harsh, for which I apologise. I agree entirely that it's great to have a battery manufacturer directly contributing to the debate and helping us keep our Vectrixes on the road. If I'd been able to find a US supplier if certainly have considered CHL for my own conversion.

Other boards I've been part of have their own approach to posts of a commercial nature. I do think, though, that some of the recent handful of posts from CHL might perhaps have better belonged a thread of their own.

Anyway. Sorry again for being grumpy - at the end of the day we're all here for the same reason!

MEroller
MEroller's picture

CHL Lithium's (who, I think, is or knows Mountain Chen?) comments are quite relevant to the topic at hand.

CHL either own a large share of or all of China erider and reside in the same building ;-)

My rides:

xvectrix2

Hello, if anyone interested in having few tools, spares for V please contact me. I've found those in my old toolbox in the garage. I'm former vectrix technician and I don't need them anymore. In addition I found one brand new tps board for throttle. vvv.jpg

Pages

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage