Vectrix closing shop, sending people home

145 posts / 0 new
Last post
R
R's picture
Re: Vectrix closing shop, sending people home

wow...
Is that ICM firmware compatible with MC1014b and the lairds firmware in the charger?

RuFuS
RuFuS's picture

- double turn lights-on;
- eco-cruise control (very helpfull to make big distances)
- bi-xénon support

hmmm it seems to be my firmware on the ICM.. isn't it? are you selling it ?

Hi!

No, we are not selling your firmware...

And the Bi-xenon support is an electronic (hardware) modification.

Many thanks for your point of view.

Best Regards,
FuelFree Motos Team

DoItYourself

How do you enable the cruise control ? is there a sequence?
And the hazzard lights? do you add a button ?

DoItYourself

wow...
Is that ICM firmware compatible with MC1014b and the lairds firmware in the charger?

It's compatible with all VX-1 versions and all MC or Charger releases, because is an ICM firmware .

DoItYourself
DoItYourself

Oh.. nice..
someone removes my old posts and the replies from another user.. that told me "the RuFus Firmware is simple and without harware modifications"...

Now I rewrite it..

If you have hazzard light on your scooter without added button ..
If you have the cruise control that freeze throttle.. with hi-light button enabling..
If you have DIY xxxx in your firmware list on the diagnostic..

you have payed someone else for my firmware..

Sugarstorm

Oh.. nice..
someone removes my old posts and the replies from another user.. that told me "the RuFus Firmware is simple and without harware modifications"...

Now I rewrite it..

If you have the cruise control that freeze throttle.. with hi-light button enabling..

Very strange that old posts are beeing deleted!

No, I haven't payed someone else for your firmware.
Or are you the only guy on the planet that is famliar with assembler? My father, back in the 80's was an assembler programer, ok?
This is the work of one of the guys in Fuel Free Motos.
Every Vectrix they install it on has it's own particular firmware, depending on type of pack (Nimh or LifePo), rated capacity, working voltage, ventilation requirements, etc.
Do you want the prove that it's not your firmware? Does your Vectrix work at 138v? We have some in Portugal (by FFM) that do! A123 ones.
I rest my case.

RuFuS
RuFuS's picture

Oh.. nice..

Now I rewrite it..

Well...you can speculate as you want...we didn't have any access to neither your nor any other firmware...

BTW, our version is stable...and please,stop speculating as we already read a lot of stories about our work around here...even the story of joining bugs from different firmware versions...what would be next?

So, just to relief yourself that nobody used your work, and no, sugarstorm doesn't have any "DIY XXXX" in his ICM file, here is the versions of our premium firmware...

From what we have been seeing around here, there are a few persons couldn't understand someone is capable of doing something really good that seems nobody else could do...

So, Keep with your thoughts(as a few around here),we keep our proud premium firmware...

Best Regards
FuelFree Motos Team
www.fuelfreemotos.wordpress.com

martinwinlow

Am I the only one here that doesn't really care who has done what with what? Perhaps you are all to sensible to keep out of the on-line ding-dong.

All I want is a useful b£*&((£y motorbike... and I am willing to pay someone who can provide suitable firmware for my upgraded to 40Ah LiFePO4 Vectrix with a Runke charger!

Am am all ears. MW

Regards, Martin Winlow
Isle of Colonsay, Scotland
evalbum.com/2092

DoItYourself

Well...you can speculate as you want...we didn't have any access to neither your nor any other firmware...

Am I Speculate?
Get sources from other peoples on the forum.. or get ideas from the work of others.. and use it to MAKE MONEY..
in my home is called SPECULATION..

So, just to relief yourself that nobody used your work, and no, sugarstorm doesn't have any "DIY XXXX" in his ICM file, here is the versions of our premium firmware...

From what we have been seeing around here, there are a few persons couldn't understand someone is capable of doing something really good that seems nobody else could do...

So, Keep with your thoughts(as a few around here),we keep our proud premium firmware...

is strange that noone hears nothing about your work since now..

and in a while all the functions of other firmwares are included in your..
change some letters on a hex firmware don't make it different..

however.. this be a lesson to me for the future.. next time i'll be more cautious in writing code with more security inside..

Now that the Vectrix is gone.. all will be different..

for martin..

All I want is a useful b£*&((£y motorbike... and I am willing to pay someone who can provide suitable firmware for my upgraded to 40Ah LiFePO4 Vectrix with a Runke charger!

stay tuned

RuFuS
RuFuS's picture

Am I Speculate?
Get sources from other peoples on the forum.. or get ideas from the work of others.. and use it to MAKE MONEY..
in my home is called SPECULATION..

is strange that noone hears nothing about your work since now..

however.. this be a lesson to me for the future.. next time i'll be more cautious in writing code with more security inside..

Now that the Vectrix is gone.. all will be different..

for martin..

stay tuned

Our firmware started to be developed in 2012...
About runky...while you are developing a firmware for runke charger we already changed some features with sucess...
Regards
FuelFree Motos Team
www.fuelfreemotos.wordpress.com

Sugarstorm

Am I Speculate?
in my home is called SPECULATION...

In my country, when someone works, he is expected to be paid. This is what they (FFM) do. They work hard, programing, and are paid for that. That is not speculation. It's business.
Speculation is lying, taking advantage of other people, spreading rumors. Like what you are doing right here, right now!

is strange that noone hears nothing about your work since now...

In what cave have you been living?
FFM motors have hacked the original firmware in 2012. First A123 conversion in 2012:

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/13113-vectrix-a123-portugal#comment-67439
http://www.novaenergia.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=10018&start=760 (in portuguese only)
I have this firmware since may 2013.

And why can't YOU be the one stealing from them?
It's just your word against theirs...

I'm still waiting for your answers.
Are you the only programer in the world? I'll save you the trouble and answer this one for you. NO. Told you before and I'll tell you again. My father was programing in assembler back in 1973! Where were you then? Probably swimming happily from your father's left nut to right testicle.
Can you put your bike working at 138v instead of the original 125v? Can you? They can!!!
And they also repair chargers, and controlers.
They can even repair ruined Nimh packs, and not by replacing cells!!! They just bring back to life old warn Nimh packs that have 10 miles/16kms of range back to normal!
Does this take time and effort? Sure. A lot!
Is it true? You bet!
So just shut the F**k up and stop acusing others of stealing. You wish you could do 20% of what they have done so far with Vectrix scooters.

What is it with this forum?
Why can't people accept that a couple of guys, working out of their garage in Portugal can do a better work than a big american corporation? Is that so hard to swallow?
Hey, if they where from the good old U S of A, i'm sure no one would come here bash their work. But no!!! Since they are from this small, bankrupt country, hey, they surely stole someone!

If you don't believe all of what I just wrote, I'm sure you will be welcome here in Portugal to their "shop" to see it all in person.
I'm sure you could learn a lot from them. If you could be humble enough. But since you look like an arrogant bastard...

Aircon

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but I'm enjoying reading it.

R
R's picture

Please, I suggest you discuss this matter in private, via PM or email.
There's one question that may be relevant in this discussion: ANY of you can provide us the ICM firmware with control cruise, for a price?

DoItYourself

:) i haven't time to spent here to read you..

Rufus and Sugarstorm
good luck with your BUSINESS

DoItYourself from Rome, Italy

ofx210p

I hate to say this but..... me too please !

pretty please

pretty please with sprinkles on top

thanks in advance

Sugarstorm

:) i haven't time to spent here to read you..

Rufus and Sugarstorm
good luck with your BUSINESS

DoItYourself from Rome, Italy

I have no comercial interests in Fuel Free Motos.
I'm just a costumer. An happy one. I've said it before more than once. If you took the time to read the older posts before posting your buls**t acusations over here, you would know that by now.
And when you deal with good people you make friends. And learn a lot about our bikes in the process.

Still waiting for those answers...
Or haven't you got the nerve to give them to the comunity?
A simple "I'm sorry FFM, my bad" would be nice to.
But it seems you are not man enough for that to. It's a shame...

P.S. To all those who are trying to "calm" me down on this matter. These are very serious acusations. If they were agaisnt a business I owned, I would DEMAND a public apology. I've seen before people paying heavy fines (in a court of law) because they think they can say whatever they want online. Better think twice before posting something untrue about other people.

hempev

As a new owner of an old (2007) Vectrix, I already had in mind a Li upgrade (used modules from Nissan Leafs...or are they Leaves?); I am concerned about end-of-charge voltage and would be in the market for a firmware upgrade, too. If I remember right, mine has a Runke charger and The Laird's upgrade, but have no idea how to check what parameters are in use. And yes, I would pay for the upgrade, but no, I won't be shipping my Vectrix anywhere for it! She may only get 20-30 miles on a charge, but it will be enough for any trips in town, and maybe I'll get my wife on the back someday.

davew
davew's picture

"or are they Leaves"

It is LEAFs because LEAF is an acronym for Leading, Environmentally-friendly, Affordable Family.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

oobflyer
oobflyer's picture

Vectrix Europe is on business.
Buy it from any Vectrix dealer in Europe.
For instance: http://www.goinggreen.es/es/contacto

Some hope? Did someone buy Vectrix out of bankruptcy?

betatester

seems like vital signs from Vectrix Europe...
greetings
Peter

Hello all Vectrix Users.
We offer parts and proffesional service in Europe. If you have any problems let us know. We will take care of your scooter. We have parts, scooters and knowledge how to serve you.
Phone + 48 602 188 508

or

@mail : vectrix [at] interia.pl

Regards
VECTRIX POLAND TEAM

hempev

RuFuS - For those of us in far-flung corners of the world (or at least us Americans), is there a way to either send the data directly to the scooter over the internet (usb-to-CANbus plugged in), or to remove the component within the scooter that holds this data and send it to you? I'd pay for either way!

jkarlan
Both the Company & my NiMH batteries are dead

Now that we all know Vectrix has short-circuited once again, I'm looking for some help with my 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with NiMH batteries. After commuting 10,300 miles (60 miles round trip) for the last two+ years in Vermont terrain, the intimidating temperature light came on along with a flashing battery symbol at half tank. When attempting to recharge, "hotcell" appeared.

I'm looking for any friendly leads and advice on how I can get my batteries repaired or replaced? I would be most grateful. Best, Jimmy in Vermont.

R
R's picture
Re: Both the Company & my NiMH batteries are dead

You have a weak/dead cell. You've been quite lucky, that cell has one of the twelve tempboards of the battery attached on it. The system detected the problem before other cells were severely affected by the heat.
You can bypass that cell with a metal plate(not recommended), replace dead/weak cells, or upgrade to lithium (recommended)

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage