Boreem 602D OH light

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
tempustemper
Boreem 602D OH light

So, as i have stated in the past i have Boreem 602D with a the 24 volt system. I got it used for $40. I LOVE IT! but, since i purchased it i have spent close to $100 on batteries and a tube, and it appears that it is overheating. Well, lets put i this way the OH light is always on and has been on since i bought it.

Is there any way to tell if its the controller or the motor? and is it worth buying the replacement parts, or should i just go off and get a whole new scooter?

It was running slow yesterday but i also hadn't charged it in a about two days so i am assuming that it was low on battery power (indicator said 2 when when moving and 3 to 4 when coasting or stopped)

Oh well,

Just looking for opions!

thanks!

Deafscooter
Deafscooter's picture
Re: Boreem 602D OH light

Ask Deafscooter ==>> email == >> Deafscooter [at] yahoo.com

Craig can modding your Boreem D602d scooter to fastest

where you locates place if you in calif then bring to me
or send me mail package to me and i can do moddig
the scooter .. or want minor fix the speed controller
repairable on your scooter make it good running again

Craig Uyeda
Deafscooter

Check on ==>> http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/480

deafscooter

tempustemper

Craig,

Thanks for the offer, but i'm in Austin Texas so bringing it to you is basically out of the question. Though i did some reading and it seems that its a controller issue. My problem now, is it worth another 29 - 40 dollars to fix it, or do i just sell it and get something else...

andrew
andrew's picture

Charge it up. Check all the connections and wiring. Check the battery voltages and try and put a load on each battery while measuring the voltage. After that, check the OH light circuit if that seems to be the predominant problem. It could be that the sensor is damaged and you may need to simply connect the wires to the temp sensor together. I think all temp sensors measure electrical resistance and resistance raises with heat, so connecting the wires should fool it into reading a very low temperature.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

tempustemper

one of the things i failed to mention was that there has definetly been a descrease in performance. The batteries are brand new so i am fairly certain that isn't the problem. The trip to the post office is fine. I have good acceleration and speed. On the trip home i loose acceleration and it takes FOREVER to get up to top speed. Its also a little herky jerky, which i have been lead to believe means the controller is bad. What i realy need to decide i guess is should i replace the controller or the whole bike...

andrew
andrew's picture

It sounds to me like the controller could be cutting back due to heat to protect itself or the motor. Have you been using it in higher outside temperature conditions? Does it have a temp sensor on the motor?

Feel the motor and the controller when it cuts back if you can.

My scooter (link in sig) had ok performance at the start of my trip then it got worse and worse and it was hard to tell because it had thermal limiting that gradually decreased the power. It would seem to have really good performance from stops when I stopped the scooter which seemed to reset the limiting circuit. Does yours have more power if you stop and let it sit for a minute or so? At the end of my trip which was about 6 miles I could smell something burning from the scooter. I think parts of the controller actually got hot enough to burn some of the grease that was used to thermally couple the controller to the frame. I have more pictures, I can post.

I could probably have figured out a way to move the mosfets and mount them on the bottom where I had the controller thermally coupled to the scooter frame. Instead I just replaced the controller. You can possibly open up your controller and look to see where the mosfets are mounted. It is also possible to just replace the mosfets with ones that can handle the current without heating up as much. Also 24v controllers are pretty cheap.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]

tempustemper

So, what 24 volt controller should i buy? I am 90% certain that this is the problem.

thanks!

andrew
andrew's picture

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

I've heard of others having a positive experience with TNC scooters. http://stores.ebay.com/TNC-Scooters

I'd recommend this controller. It looks like it has small heat sinks and this counts for a lot. The other chinese controllers might not have any heat sinks, and they may get too hot during continuous operation. Though I haven't tested any. This controller is also carried by http://www.electricvehiclesusa.com and they are a reputable company.

tempustemper

So, i am not having much luck. My scooter uses the CT-801 controller, and the only one i can find is the CT-811B9 which is releated to the 801. The problem i have is that the Speed Regulate connector is female on the controller as well as the scooter. So i don't know what to do. Does anyone know if there is a male to male 6 pin connector out there that i could use?

andrew
andrew's picture

I would just butcher the male connector from the old controller and connect it to the new controller if the wires match in color.

tempustemper

i will probably end up going that way, but first i have found the light and I am making dual male ended cables with modified blade connectors. I would HATE to start splicing only to find out the controller is bad, or something else to that effect...

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage