Make a Better Scooter

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
andrew
andrew's picture
Re: Why make a better scooter? Why make any scooter?

-Click here-

Unless the E-scooter market grow and quantity goes up,we can start with ...total new model with good quality parts matching expensive price of E-scooter.

But this is relationship like egg and chicken,who came out first ? without good quality,the market volume will never grow.

I think that is a very good assessment. I think the current price that manufacturers are selling their e-scooters for now is very low when you consider the market volume. Its all fine and good to dream up a great product, but is it a viable business proposition?

IMO, the best way to start an EV business now is sell something else (non-ev related) to make a lot of money. Once you have lots of money that use that to engineer and develope a very good product and set up the ability to manufacturer lots of them to good quality standards. Than hope and pray there will be a market. In other words, you take the risk. It's like the personal computer. Someone had to produce it and sell it initially, and it sort of created its own market. But, once it did, the payoff was huge.

Bottom line, you need money, and your probably not going to get it selling e-scooters without initially having a lot of money to produce and manufacturer a quality e-scooter. The growth model doesn't work. You need to start with a chicken.

-click here-

The bottom line I think for a top quality scooter, that will give you reliable rides and the range you are looking for, you still have to convert a gas scooter.

I don't consider mine top quality. It's more like a moving science project and I spent an amazing amount of time and used a lot of resources to build it the best I could. From my experience, conversions are not very reliable. There are so many unknowns that you are dealing with when you design and build them. Its like driving an alpha prototype test vehicle. And there's so much time involved to just get it moving, let alone halfway decent.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage