New Stuff a Comin' (teaser pics)

46 posts / 0 new
Last post
ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
New Stuff a Comin' (teaser pics)

"Fox, you're such a tease!" I know, I hear that a lot. ;) New eGoodies expected in the next few months; thought you'd all like to know. As always, I'll do my best to get you the best prices when they arrive so keep me in mind: BaseStationZero.com

XB-700Li. "It’s a new electric bicycle that looks more like a street bike (ninja style) yet has a 700 watt rear hub motor powered up by 26 light weight Lithium batteries with the travel distance exceeding 40 miles each charge. The XB-700Li will be the first Lithium power assisted bicycle available in the USA & will offer 7 to 10 years battery life, more power and double the driving range per each charge & the weight of the bike will be much lighter than any of the other XB models. Since the XB-700Li is a power assisted bicycle, no license, registration or vehicle permitting will be needed to operate it, just as our other 3 models of power assisted bicycles allow. This bike was designed for the commuter or customer that needs to go the distance every day on a reliable, energy efficient, non polluting, green certified machine without spending the big money it takes to get into an electric powered moped which requires licensing & registration."

XB-420M. "This new model is a 3 wheel mobility scooter designed for the not so handicap driver. This model has a rear end differential gear system with a 500 watt motor attached, forward & reverse capability & the look of an electric bicycle similar to the XB-500 rather than the boring mobility look. We built this scooter for the not so handicapped driver by giving it the ability to travel 15 to 20 MPH, we also installed a wheelie bar on the back since it has the ability (if the power switch is turned to high output) to ride on the rear wheels for up to 75 feet. The XB-420M will allow people confined to 3 MPH mobility scooters to get up and go. With QTY 4 - 20 AMP batteries on board, the XB-420 can run for hours on a single charge. Pricing will be very affordable & the standard warranty will be extended."

XU-3000. "It’s an electric powered 3000 watt UTV (Utility Vehicle) similar looking to the Yamaha Rhino only this will be the first ever electric powered off road vehicle of it’s type. Until now only gas has been offered. It will feature a full windshield, roof, roll cage, 2 front bucket seats, lighting & very large and powerful electric motor and battery system giving it the capacity to tow and & it can haul loads in the dump bed of the vehicle. These are large vehicles & will require special shipping which we will offer."

I've got my site down for maintenance and upgrades, but should be back up by the end of this month. I'm not sure if I'll continue to sell the smaller scooters ("X-" and "XG-" lines). Just FYI. :)

gushar
Re: New Stuff a Comin' (teaser pics)

Hey that 700 sounds great. Any idea of top mph and expected cost?

Gushar

Gus

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

XB-700Li in Blue (black may be an option as well). Actual retail price will be around $1600 plus shipping.

XB700Li-blue.jpg

No other details available at this time.

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

XB-420M in Blue (black may be an option as well). Speed is estimated at around 15MPH. More specs to come. No information on price yet.

<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

XU-3000 shown in green (actual available colours may change). Speed is estimated at around 20MPH. More specs to come. No information on price yet.

There is also a rumor going around that X-Treme may have a very large electric-powered ATV up their sleeve. If so, you'll see it here in VisforVoltage Forums first!

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

UPDATE:

XB-420M - expected to arrive: 14 July
XB-700Li - expected to arrive: 23 July (estimated price $1699)
XU-3000 - expected to arrive: 29 July

Information is subject to change.

gushar

AF....You've listed the expected price for the 700li twice...at $1600 and at $1699. And, I've always noticed that when xtreme lists the MSRP on their site...it's usually what one can buy it for...from some online dealers. What's up with these prices when they have the MSRP listed at $1350. I mean they are constantly updating the site...but it's been my experience when they put up an MSRP that's what you can find it for at several online dealers site.

Gushar

Gus

gushar

Still waiting to hear from AF on the price difference????

Look...I'm a guy who understands folks are in business to make money. That's not a bad thing! However, I'm just hoping that the x-treme dealers aren't trying to "push" up the consumer cost of scoots like the 700li...beyond reason...simply because of possible increased demand. Certainly if the demand is there that increases the "value." However, what seems to happen is that folks get "greedy" and pretty soon the product isn't reasonably priced anymore. And most important I'm not pointing a finger here at AF. In fact he sold me my xb600 at the listed MSRP at that time...and even charged nothing for driveway delivery. I certainly couldn't have gotten a better deal anywhere. And he provided excellent info and customer service on the transaction.

I wouldn't be commenting about the price on the new 700li...if say x-treme listed them at the $1350 (700li) and the dealers had say $1350-1450 on them. But that's not what we're seeing from dealers... I would expect the dealer prices...and xtreme's to go up after some time...but not so much in the first several months after the product initially arrives. That's not consistent with how the price related to the MSRP on previous xtreme products...from my experience looking at/and buying their products over the last few years. I guess we'll see how all this pans out with the 700li once they actually arrive.

Gushar

Gus

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

looks alot like my bike..13-06-08_1325.jpg (28.9 KB)

gushar

Wow...it sure does. What "brand" is yours? Does it have lithium batteries? How long have you had it and where did you get it? Tell us more about it please...

Thanks,
Gushar

Gus

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

Calm down, Gushar. I've been busy and am still waiting to hear from X-Treme.

From what I can see on X-Treme's backend, the $1350 price is for those buying 10 or more at a time - the "bulk" pricing. I don't know yet why that price is on the main site. And maybe some of you don't know, but their webmaster is a copy-n-paste guru. It was just last month that he changed the XM-2000 page from showing "Gas Moped" to electric, the XM-3000 page originally had all the XM2k specs and comments; just cut-n-pasted, some of the "X-###" scooter specs were identical to each other.

It's reasons like this why I hate uploading any detailed information for people. Things always change for one reason or another. The first time I posted this, the price was to be around $1600. The US dollar keeps falling against international, fuel ain't cheap and shipping companies are always flexing their prices up and down, maybe this is why the price for this went up. I don't know, I can only guess at this moment.

I just checked X-Treme's site and the price has been corrected. $1699 just like I said it would be. Please read the note:

This Page is Under Development.
Please Note that information on this page may not be 100% accurate but more details will be available soon! (Last Updated on Jul 2nd, 2008)

If you have any more questions, you all have my direct email address... Send me an email, I'll check it out, and will return with correct information once I receive it.

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

well ive had mine now for 3 weeks, its alot of fun and quite the head turner...
heres the link http://www.voltcanada.ca/
its called the dream ryder...
no not lithium batteries but the distance i get on a charge is amazing
i removed the governer because in canada you can only do 32 kph which is slow...but mine does upwards to 50 kph(30mph)
and i go everywhere...longest driven before plugging in was over 25 miles ...but i plugged it in after , it didnt need it just had the chance. now my model has a 500w motor this one above lists a 700 w motor, see canada limits ebikes to 500 w motor which blows...

gushar

Thanks AF...sorry I jumped the gun on you! Again, I wasn't pointing a finger at YOU...just wondering if other dealers had artificially inflated the cost.

Wolf...thanks for the additional info. Can you explain more specifically what the "governer" was on yours. I mean I know what a governer is but can you describe it technically (how you defeated it, etc.) as it is on your specific scoot? Have you checked your speed with other than the speedometer on the scoot. Seems a bit fast, regardless of governer removed, as you report for a scoot that size with a 500 watt motor. With SLAs and looking to be heavier than the x-treme xb600 it should be no more than about the same speed...about 20mph on the flats. Are you sure you're getting an accurate reading. If so anyone have any ideas on how he's getting that speed with a 500 watt motor?...maybe it's like having the "shunt mod" from the factory?...meaning the controller used is allowing alot more power to the motor than other controllers on similar scoots?

Does it have the trunk built in...in the rear. That seems like a good design to me...and although your's doesn't have the li batteries...it sure looks like the same exact "body/frame" as the xtreme 700li...with just SLA batts and smaller hub motor.

Gushar

Gus

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

simply disconnecting the white wire located underneath the frame, thats it, there is a 3 way button on the right grip, with the governor disconnected this switch now works. position 1 allows up to slow speeds position 2 a lil higher and 3 full open. when the governor was connected this switch was rendered useless, meaning only up to one speed. and no only thru the bike speedometer was i looking at the speed. good point though ill have to check how accurate it is, ill get back to you on that. yes the trunk is in the back nice space, there is a space under the seat with another locked space under that and a lil space on the steering coloumn, ill have to get some pics for you if ya want.

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

The XB-420M is now available.

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

well i had a buddy side by side with me in his car and at top speed he told me i was doing 43 kph just under 30mph which wasnt bad considering the battery was drained for about an hour before we did a the test cruise...when the battery is fully charged i do notice it gets up a lil faster speed closer to 50 kph. yes it does have a trunk in the back, i like that part, another under the seat with a smaller lockable one under that. plus a lockable compartment in the steering coloumn..

gushar

Thanks Wolf...and yes some pics would really be appreciated cause it looks like the same body style as the 700li.

Hmmmm...I still wonder how it gets that speed with a 500 watt motor and SLA batts??? Maybe that means the 700li will get alot more than 20mph. But then maybe your controller is different and it's letting more amps to the motor...like I mentioned above. But hey, looks like you got a good ride for the bucks! Would love to see some pics when you get a chance to post some!

Gushar

Gus

eRick

Wolf,

If you don't mind what size and make of tires are on your Ryder?
The website says Kendas.Your wheels look like mine and I would like another option for
replacement tires.

Thanks

eRick

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

n724780216_3238626_9540.jpgn724780216_3238627_9861.jpgn724780216_3238628_136.jpgn724780216_3238629_438.jpgyes my tires are the kendas, and i really havent thought about replacements, although i should, lol ever since ive started riding this bike, man i notice just how bad windsor roads are...scratch that thier not bad, they are down right terrible...lol i better check the shocks ...yeah ill try this weekend to get more pics up here here are some that i took already...ill try and get good shots of trunck space and hey maybe even a video..

zerogas
zerogas's picture

Gus,
Why not spend $300 more and get the xm 3000? It still had plenty of range.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

zerogas
zerogas's picture

The 700li is a sick looking scooter though!

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

gushar

Hey Wolf thanks for the photos. Great looking ride! Like that color too. Looks exactly like the 700li to me. I don't see any body style or wheel differences compared to the pics we've seen of the 700li.

Zero...it's more than $300 difference. The 700li is listing at $1599-1699 most places. The 3000 is listing now at $2499...and of course doesn't have the lithium batteries. Also, if I get much faster then I'll be compelled to wear a helmet, and also have to register the thing. Right now, with the ebikes none of that is necessary.

Gushar

Gus

eRick

I hear you Wolf. I am in Winnipeg and the roads are brutal. Nice bike.

eRick

eRick

Still curious to what size those tires are Wolf.

eRick

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

tires say both front and back kendas 16 x 3.0 hope that helps..

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

here are some pics showing the storage capacity of my bike not bad pretty large areas..DSCN0844.jpgDSCN0845.jpgDSCN0846.jpgDSCN0847.jpgDSCN0848.jpg

Oshawaebiker
Oshawaebiker's picture

Hi Wolf My Dream Ryder did the 50kph as delivered. This was verified on a 2nd bike. Since the hub motor has 3 fields you can feel the controller changing fields automatically. This process is very smooth. I love the acceleration on hills and from standing stop, better then some cars at an intersection. First e-bike I have had to throttle rather then WOT.CIMG0131.jpgCIMG0127.jpgCIMG0134.jpg

E-Bike Advocate

Bike: 2008 Volt Canada Dream Ryder

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

nice...do you leave the pedals on all the time?
the last photo does that show the voltage meter you were telling me about? if so was it difficult to hook up cause my electrical knowlege well it sucks lol...did you disconnect the governor? the switch on the right handle has 3 positions when the governor is disconnected the white wire underneath, this switch works, giving me low med and high gear...

Oshawaebiker
Oshawaebiker's picture

Yes I do leave my pedals on, but I am going to get shorter pedals. Actually that is the mount for my cycle computer. Since this machine does not have an odometer I use the computer, plus I like the trip meter and the more accurate speedometer and clock. Mind you the speedometer on the bike is not that far out. The digital volt meter is still on order expected in next week. I did not have to do anything. The range switch worked as delivered. I get all three settings. I verified its functionality and performance.

E-Bike Advocate

Oshawaebiker
Oshawaebiker's picture

From what I have seen and experienced I think this is one the hottest stock e-bikes out there in this class. These bikes are made by Lvhau in China where as the XM700li I believe is made by Nicom. If they are pretty much the same bike the 700li will be a good buy for our friends in the US. I have someone here that is a Nicom dealer and is going to get the their version of the Dream Ryder except it is lithium powered. That will give me the chance for comparison.

E-Bike Advocate

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

interesting i wonder if we could just buy a lithiom battery pack and swap it out with ours..the less weight would give us extra milage...

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage