XM-3500

321 posts / 0 new
Last post
jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: XM-3500

Sorry "real soon now" in fact means August 1st. I was just talking to customer care at X-Treme about an XM-3000 ordr and they're in the same container as the XM-3000's/

Oh well, at least it's not THAT far away... (I'm like a kid waiting for XMas as well as the others!)

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

xring

"August 1st?!?!"
Argh! You're KILLING me!
:jawdrop:

I was never good at waiting for Xmas either
;)

strawhistle

Ok I gest checked my VK2008 -Vedra_ paliden It has 19 Cells with a red and green globe emblim on them , there is no individual wires to each cell ,only the + and - outs ! no regen no bms the rear disc squeels till it warms up and rubs agin after cool down ! it goes 80 on the KM speedo but traffic on a 35mph road is just a little slower than my fastest !!! went 10 miles out and back and had lots of fun OH YA having trouble getting it titled and licenesed SO that is it for know till I can realy take the byke the distance and recharge at the other end ! So , LaTer

thank GOD I wake up above ground !!!!

Volt Witch

I too am waiting for information on the XM-3500Li!

In the meantime I have another challenge to work on, Maybe ya'all can help.

I am in search of someone in my area who is willing to take on the challenge of maintianence(or trouble shooting, hopefully not) of this bike.

I talked to a guy a Suzuki dealership who knows a little about it and may be of a little help. The next guy said no way, but he gave me a number of a guy to try. I have more stops to make, but I wanted to check in here too.

I would be happy for just someone who has a simular bike who could give me a reference.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I live an hour west of Philadelphia,PA, in Chester County. I am also near Wilmington Delaware.
I am willing to take my chances with a new product, I just need a little back up!

Thanks!!

PJD
PJD's picture

Strawwhistle,

You will need to find a BMS for it.

The Thundersky cells will not last long, nor will you be getting full performance without one.

For now, try checking the voltages of each individual cell and the total pack voltage as you charge it - especially near the end of charge. I'd really like to find out what you get.

If the charger is indeed charging at too high a voltage, this might be a blessing, since you will probably want to add at least one more cell. The working voltage under a good load is just 3 volts per cell - less in cold weather, so you need at least 20 cells to get the full 60 volts and more speed.

There is a 16 cell BMS being developed in this thread:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5416&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

For your pack you will need two of them - for now, they will be only in kit form when Gary puts them up for sale - but you can probably find someone to help assemble it.

Paul D.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Apparently the XM-3500Li has 20 cells and a BMS - Chen described the above as an "early model". However, a picture posted by Chen didn't show any leads for a BMS, so I'm still waiting to see what comes out of the box. Should be "real soon" now...

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

strawhistle

:) ;) ;)

John if your xm's have bms and 20 batts can I upgrade right away from extreme , or, you ???
LaTeR

PetroZero
PetroZero's picture

Strawhistle, thanks very much for the information you are sharing. If I can ask for more, I would like to know your comments on range at top speed. This can perhaps give us a sense of how accurate (or optimistic) the spec numbers are. Also, your impressions of fit and finish and ergonomics. If you've driven a vectrix, how does this bike compare?

Also, if you happen to know anyone with a camera, some youtube footage would be quite awesome at this point, since there's not much available at present on this bike.

~ scott
My Blog: <a href="http://www.petrozero.org">PetroZero.org</a>
My Bike: 2007 Lashout Electric Scooter (12mph/12miles)
Considering: xm-3500Li

sgmdudley

Pictures of the 3500LI I worked on.
3500LI.jpg
3500LI_bat.jpg
3500LI_motor.jpg

Robert Dudley
E-Scoot Tech

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

sweet...

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

The XM-3500Li's are within a stones throw of the factory! (They're at the final rail terminal - next trip is by truck to the warehouse).

X-mas is coming to a few lucky folks next week (me included - I've been good, really I have!)

PetroZero
PetroZero's picture

Thanks Robert! Those are great pics. Did you have an opportunity to ride it or test it on dyno? If so, what were your impressions of the speed and power? Did it get up to 55mph easily? Was the bike sturdy and well assembled or flimsy and loose?

Anything you can provide would be more than welcome while we wait for the arrivals...

~ scott

sgmdudley

This machine was 1st shipped, only had 19 cells (57V). Upgrade to 20 cells has been sent. When I test drove it,
I thought the handling was great. Smooth, quiet, fast up to the point where 57v could push it. The lithium
batteries are real low in the frame and all in a row so center of gravity is great.

Robert Dudley
E-Scoot Tech

AlexNC
AlexNC's picture

top speed?

strawhistle

:?
Dudley , Were did you get that upgrade for 20 batt's ??? LaTer

AlexNC
AlexNC's picture

I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting to hear you guys reviews =)
Please hurry up and get your bikes so I can decide to get one or not!
Oh, and thanks for being the guinea pigs.

looking for ...
- real top speed.
- real range (low, medium, and high speeds).
- build quality.
- price paid + shipping, from what company.
- videos showing your new pimp ride!

AlexNC
AlexNC's picture

... and ...

-real charge time.

eped

Hi electromotion - if I can ask, when did you order your 3500li and roughly which part of the country do you live? I ordered mine early June and can't wait!

Thanks

Green electric power and use thereof; what more do we need?

electromotion
electromotion's picture

It was a great surprise to get the comfirmation email. A little hard to get the big hit on the credit card though. Glad I have been saving up for a while.

I ordered the 3500Li the middle of June through Advanced Electric Scooters the Nevada dealer, the state I live in. Advanced is more of an internet order taker and provides very little real support when you need support of have questions. They send you off to X-Treme. They really need a bunch of front line dealers that can take care of the customers and the scoots.

I hope that my electric RC and LiPo battery experience helps me through alot of the issues that may arise. For grins a couple of the RC EDF planes I fly use 4000 watts of power to propel a 14 pound plane 148 MPH for 4.5 minutes. Thats 275 watts per pound, more watts than some of these scooters.

I should be a good test subject also for the 3500 as I am 6'1 and 220 Lbs, which works out to about 7 1/2 watts per pound. We will see!

Gordon

HalfMooner

I should be a good test subject also for the 3500 as I am 6'1 and 220 Lbs, which works out to about 7 1/2 watts per pound. We will see!

Gordon

Well, at least you don't need to fly. And, hopefully, won't.

HalfMooner

I haven't yet received my confirmation email, but will let you folks know, when I do. I figure that X-Treme received the container(s) either last Friday or this Monday, and are now "prepping" them. This would involve physical inspection, and creating the VIN and the paperwork we'll need for registration. And also (shudder) perhaps slapping on X-Treme's (IMHO) ugly, adolescent logos.

Hopefully, X-Treme is shipping on a first-ordered, first-shipped basis.

rossasaurus
rossasaurus's picture

How exciting folks!
I ordered mine just last Friday from Advanced in Nevada, who had a few left from their quota.
I called today and they said it will ship Tuesday; wow, I guess It'll actually get here this week!
I'm really hoping they can hit 50mph; X-Tremes site says what, 55mph, So I'll be disappointed if it only gets up to 45.
I suppose if I throw on some Michelins with a little more circumfrence, that'll help a bit, eh.
I just noticed the XM-2000 is off their site menu now.
It's sounds like some of you are buying one direct from X-Treme? or are you dealers?
By the way, who amongst you are dealers for X-Treme, by name?
Oh, has anyone successfully removed their decals?

cheers,
Ross

HalfMooner

I ordered directly from X-Treme. I would have ordered from one of the people here who are X-Treme dealers, but I hadn't realized there were any such here when I ordered.

I'm wondering, too: What is a good solution to use in removing decals from (is it ABS, as on my Expresso 2?) body plastic? I'd suspect strong ethyl alcohol would be safe and effective, but I'd hate to try it and then find I'd ruined the finish. I've got my own "logo" that I'd like to try. It reads, "La Dolce Vita Elettrica." (Think Frederico Fellini movies and postwar Vespas.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

I ordered directly from X-Treme.

That's interesting to hear because as X-Treme dealers, we are not allowed to purchase these directly from X-Treme.

And, on their own website they state:

We do not sell X-Treme "single scooters" retail to the public but we do offer X-Treme scooter parts to everyone.

X-Treme is starting to piss me off. Again.

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

HalfMooner

Since I just figured out how to post images here... here's another that I did:

Click here to see image.

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

i found for removing those ugly stickers just take a sponge and hair dryer...wet the sponge then wipe the sticker, using the hair dryer blow on stiker with hot air, the sticker will start to roll up and be easily removed...most of the time...good luck...i dont have one 3500 on order but i am eagerly awaiting the news along with my friends on this site...

PetroZero
PetroZero's picture

Maybe some extreme dealers can chime in, but I don't think that the flame branding is suited for the larger street legal scooters. To me, it would seem more flexible to allow the dealer to opt for whether the logos go on our not. If that's not an option, perhaps extreme could have a more upscale branding package option for these bikes.

3500Li will likely appeal to the person who likes Vectrix but cannot afford it. I don't think that person is likely to want flames on their ride. Anyone else concur? These bikes provide serious transportation alternatives, they should be marketed as such...just my opinion ;-)

~ scott

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

wolf - thanks for the removal tip. I'll try that soon.

halfmooner & scott - the stickers are applied by the factory in China. There's no prep of the bike - the end customer is the first person to see the bike after it leaves the factory in China. So, it's an all or nothing thing - change all the bikes with a different logo or change none. I doubt X-Treme are in any rush to change because setting up a new brand is non-trivial. At the moment they can sell all their stock looking like it is (so from there perspective, why change?)

I do agree that the logo isn't so great. My current intent is for rEV to import our own brand of bikes with no graphics. We will give the customer a couple of different options for graphics and apply them "to order" so to speak. We can do this because our model is based around prepping each bike before shipment. Haven't worked out the details or the practicality of adding graphics to order yet - but at least we're thinking about it :-)

PetroZero
PetroZero's picture

Cool, I'm thinking the same thing. What is your timetable for moving? Looks like I might be your friendly Southeast region competitor ;-)

~ scott

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Hopefully in time for next season. But we're still doing due-diligence. We'll likely make a go / no-go decision in September.

Pages

Topic locked

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage