Scoot N Go (looks like xb 500) and is there a Governor on it?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
ryanmoserl
Scoot N Go (looks like xb 500) and is there a Governor on it?

Hey fellas, brand spanking new to this site and I was hoping that someone could help me out. I bought a electric scooter/bike that says its a Scoot N Go (made in China) about a year ago. It works fine but I have several small hills which this "boss hog" can't climb. I am getting laughed at my 90 year old men walking faster up the hill then with me sitting on the thing attempting to go up the hill. Does anyone know if there is a governor on this thing? It appears to be a clone of one of the XBs or Voys I see on the internet. It would be a great help if someone knew if there was a governor and how to dismantle it. Thanks again - Ryan

sixpax2k9
Re: Scoot N Go (looks like xb 500) and is there a Governor ...

unless someone else knows for sure, you may have to do a little dismantling of the bike to find out. However, increasing top speed will not help much for power on hills etc.

Try taking apart the front dash and look for a little loop of probably gray wires. There should be some kind of a shrink wrapped circuit board with a dial on it. If it is like the xb500/600 that is.... Either disconnecting the wires at the adapter or twisting the dial most likely clockwise should do the trick.

But if you are looking for more power on hills, that will most likely not give you the desired result. Only doing a "shunt" mod on your controller would accomplish that.

Check out these links for info on that....

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/3990-xb600-quotshunt-modquot-instructions

http://www.bergerweb.net/xb500/shuntmod.shtml

Dave ; Tennessee
XB-600.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging