Vectrix UK

186 posts / 0 new
Last post
RuFuS
RuFuS's picture
Re: Vectrix UK

A little bit off-topic...how many vectrix's were sold in the US and in Europe...can someone tell me numbers?

Victrix

I think this has been asked by someone before, but does anyone have an email address for Vectrix UK?

sparker

Try sscott [at] vectrix.co.uk. The phone number is near the top of the thread too.

Victrix

Thanks Sparker!

marcopolo

Try sscott [at] vectrix.co.uk. The phone number is near the top of the thread too.

Umm... Sparker, now this maybe a silly question, and just a total coincidence, but I can't help noticing that the email address that you supplied for Vectrix UK, would appear to be amazingly similar to your own name??

Ah, another thing, don't you think it odd that all the most rabid supporters of VUK's postings, are new comers to this forum? Most, not all, but most, appear, rant, and disappear? Maybe it's just me, but they all seem to reveal an amazing knowledge of VUK's working's? Do you think it possible that they are, at least some, either the same person or maybe VUK employees or associates?

Forgive my suspicious nature, but we've endured quite a few disappearing "next week" characters. The latest being 'toolbox' who even promised (threatened)to reveal himself this week!

Please don't think that I am doubting that your post's and experiences, are anything but completely valid and genuine, I just thought it might help if you could just clarify the similarity?

On a more positive note, I would appreciate your views on my observation that the UK owners seem to be far more satisfied with the standard of service and product, than those in other countries? (although Spain would appear to also have a very dedicated dealer)

marcopolo

snail

Ah, another thing, don't you think it odd that all the most rabid supporters of VUK's postings, are new comers to this forum? Most, not all, but most, appear, rant, and disappear? Maybe it's just me, but they all seem to reveal an amazing knowledge of VUK's working's? Do you think it possible that they are, at least some, either the same person or maybe VUK employees or associates?

Wow Marcopolo, you really are a cynic!

Let me set my stall out - I have no affiliation with VUK (other than the fact that I bought their product), but they really have provided top class after sales support here. I guess this was headed by Alex Bamberg, as things went very quiet after his departure. As I've said in earlier posts, my 2 year old V still looks like new, rides perfectly and long may that continue. But I won't be shouting about how hard done by I am if (when) it finally whines it's last - that's the risk you take when you buy on the bleeding edge (OK, perhaps not technically, but certainly in terms of breaking-the-mould novelty). I intend to enjoy every mile!

Oh, and up until very recently, I'd not even heard of V is for Voltage! I am glad I found it - there's loads of really useful tech buried in this forum. But I'd previously got the info I needed from the Yahoo UK Vectrix forum - Very British and proper there, you know! ;-)

Cheers,

Brian

sparker

Hi marcopolo

Not a silly question at all. My first name is the same as Mr Scott's last name. He is also male and, I believe, had both a mother and a father, like me (I'm much better looking though). I didn't choose the name 'sparker' to hide behind, I just thought it was quite a good one for an electric vehicle forum, especially as my actual name is Scott Parker. 39, happily married with two kids and living in Hampshire. I can get my mother to vouch for me, if you like. It is a coincidence but, as I cannot think of a way, or feel the need to convince you otherwise, shall leave you to your own opinion as you are completely entitled to it and your suspicions. If, however, you can suggest a way that I can easily clarify things, I would be more than happy to oblige.

There have been some new members and VUK supporters who could also be called 'attackers' of you and, as you rightly point out did make claims, rant and disappear. I can't speak for them though and I wouldn't make any claims that I couldn't substantiate. My reason for joining is to further my understanding of the Vectrix as I'm no techie but do have a vested interest in doing the best by my purchase.

I will happily offer my views based upon the short time I've been a member of this forum, as I don't personally know any other Vectrix owners. There do seem to be more positive than negative posts from UK owners. The Spanish dealer mentioned in other threads also seems to be doing their best to service their customers. I'm sure that the UK has seen similar problems as other countries, indeed I've read posts in the 'Maximum range' thread from UK owners who have covered a fair amount of mileage and add, almost as an aside, that they are on their second battery pack. For owners still on their first, failing pack, that must make for difficult reading. It would appear though, that the majority of UK owners (at least from the posts I've read) have had these problems dealt with better than other countries. As I said, this is just an observation from reading posts while I've been a member, I'm not claiming total factual accuracy.

I hope that helps clarify where I'm coming from at least. As promised, I'll try to post some small photos in my next post.

HubCap

For God's sake MarcoPolo get a life mate! How the **** is sparker similar to sscott????

You post questions and statements on here knocking Vectrix UK by strongly implying that they are trading illegally or improperly. You imply that anyone on here with something positive to say is someone from Vectrix pretending to be someone not from Vectrix. You seem upset because you bought a lot of bikes, and you invested in Vectrix, and the US company is in trouble.

I think a lot of the people at Vectrix took a brave decision to launch a new product in a new market. They knew there was a risk and some people risked their careers. I think that's brave.

I also think that all of us who bought the product were brave. I certainly made that decision with my eyes open. The product could have been crap. The company could go bust. Only a fool would not have weighed these issues before making a decision.

By investing in Vectrix, you made a decision to speculate on the success of the business. It could have made a great return, but surely you assessed the risk before investing? Don't come on here and moan now because you have lost your money.

Here's a positive suggestion. You can find out about Vectrix Ltd (The UK company) and Vectrix Europe Ltd on the Companies House website. For answers to your further questions, why don't you ask Vectrix direct, instead of using this forum, which is clearly not getting you what you want. You will either get and answer or you will not. If you get an answer you will have got what you want,. If not you can either let it go, or pursue it further.

Form my point of view the good news is that it appears Vectrix UK is still here (tempting providence!).

Keep it shiny side up!

HubCap

Keep it shiny side up!

marcopolo

Hi marcopolo

Not a silly question at all. My first name is the same as Mr Scott's last name. He is also male and, I believe, had both a mother and a father, like me (I'm much better looking though).
I hope that helps clarify where I'm coming from at least. .

Accepted, just one of those odd coincidences that are so essential in conspiracy theories!

marcopolo

marcopolo

For God's sake MarcoPolo get a life mate! How the **** is sparker similar to sscott????

I suggest that you actually read what I write, then reply. This would save you the angst of indignation, and the embarrassment of irrelevance.

Company House information is of little value in relation to VUK's activities, since, (if you bothered to read) "VUK's" posts are completely at variance with the official information as announced by the group CEO.

I notice you don't actually refute any of my statement's as inaccurate! Instead you base your criticism on assumed information. ie; VUS is a separate entity from VUK. Now I am quoting VUK's own statement, VUK is owned by VUS, If the group is insolvent, then the group is insolvent as a whole. In some organizations, it could be possible to sell a profitable division of a group, or even keep it going as a separate entity, but not in a company like Vectrix, where each division relies on the parent for manufacturing and financial support.

Again if you bothered to read what I wrote, you would know that I have tried to obtain a reply from VUK directly,but to no avail. VUK, chose to withdraw form this forum, because they didn't want to supply answers to very mild questions. How many times do I have to say? The information VUK, (or those purporting to be VUK,) was published here by VUK. If accurate, then it should be substantiated in a public manner, not privately.

No one would be more delighted than me for VUK to prove me in error! I would think, if only for their reputation, and all their hopeful supporters, VUK would be eager to do so?

I also notice that this thread has over 125, postings so it is certainly of interest to some people. You should think carefully before you call people fools. It is those fools whose investment makes start up companies with new technology possible. Investors like consumers, expect risk. However, investors and consumers expect those in control of their funds to act in a proper and legal manner. That's why we have laws setting down the Governance of Public Companies. Investors also expect good management.

It is easy for you to tell investors 'stop moaning'! Well they do, but my concern is, they also stop investing, not because of the technology, but because of the unacceptable risk of bad management.

Oh, Brian , you will note I did say, not all!But I take your point on the the departure of Alex Bamberg. As far as I can deduce this point marks the last period of Vectrix moving forward as a manufacturer and the rapid deterioration as a corporation can be seen more plainly from then on. The yahoo forum my be more polite, but you should try AutoblogGreen!!

marcopolo

snail

Oh, Brian , you will note I did say, not all!But I take your point on the the departure of Alex Bamberg. As far as I can deduce this point marks the last period of Vectrix moving forward as a manufacturer and the rapid deterioration as a corporation can be seen more plainly from then on. The yahoo forum my be more polite, but you should try AutoblogGreen!!

:-) I find it very hard to get animated about most things... must be the Dillon in me! I'm off now to see who's killing who in AutoblogGreen.

Brian

marcopolo

On Monday, The President of Vectrix Corporation reassured the US corporate regulator, that no Vectrix products were being sold from either the Polish manufacturing facility, or its UK subsidery. Neither organisation was employing or paying any salaries, all contracts had been terminated. Some casual services were being maintained, for the purposes of conserving assets while the possiblity of a sale of the business assets was being assesed.

I met with a reporter for a major far eastern financial news organization. The journo, following the Vectrix story, was particularly including the rumour that Mike Boyle was attempting to buy the Vectrix IP and Sales network to release an upgraded E-Max type product similar to the last new product anounced by Vectrix. The scribe also stated his belief that Vectrix would be broken up, and that an agreement(on the verge of settling) would see Vectrix selling the remainder of the company, to a private equity group, but only if the chapter 11 process was favourable.

All this is speculation, (and not mine!) But one thing is for sure, the announcement will be very soon, as it is now a race between the directors seeking Federal Chapter 11 protection, or the Creditors wind-up motion in the Delware Chancellery Court.

The reporter also claimed he had been approached by a former employee of Vectrix UK, who had informed him he of rescue proposition to the Vectrix Board which would see this individual as the new MD of Vectrix. This deal had been accepted, and would be annouced last week! The journalist imediately sought confirmation from the board of Vectrix, and was informed that they had indeed received a proposition from a person initialed PD, but had dismissed it a a Walter Mitty waste of time!

Sadly, this always happens when idealistic companies collapse. All sorts of odd balls materialise and disapear again.

marcopolo

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

marco - as always, you post some very interesting news.

One question:

But one thing is for sure, the announcement will be very soon

Does "very soon" approximate to one day, one week or one month? Is there some sort of deadline by which they have to announce before?

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

marcopolo

marco - as always, you post some very interesting news.

One question:

But one thing is for sure, the announcement will be very soon

Does "very soon" approximate to one day, one week or one month? Is there some sort of deadline by which they have to announce before?

Comes from hanging 'round in some interesting bars, and long boring travel with nothing to do but trawl the internet! As to what 'soon' means, well thats anyone's guess. There are imposed deadlines, but these can be varied with circumstance, my guess is, two weeks to a month.

marcopolo

sparker

Bit late, but here are the pics of my recent visit to Vectrix UK. Hi chaps, hope you are well and bearing up. Thanks again for the help.
IMG_1467.JPGIMG_1468.JPGIMG_1466.JPGIMG_1469.JPGIMG_1471.JPG

Steve Scott

Thanks Scott.

Steve Scott

winged_racer

Thanks for the pics Scott! How's your bike working now?
Doug

Doug Townley
info.DTES [at] gmail.com

(Formerly Vectrix Europe Technical Supervisor)

One door closes, another door opens

jmap
jmap's picture

These people (Vectrix UK) deserve all our respect. It seems that they are working hard against all the vultures above them...

jmap
jmap's picture

:-)

Pedelecman

Totally agree!!

Hi guys - nice to see your ugly mugs!!

Will be down after the Bank Holiday to collect red bike - funds are finally coming through! See you then...

Colin

...some of us know what's going on!

Pedelecman

Totally agree!!

Hi guys - nice to see your ugly mugs!!

Will be down after the Bank Holiday to collect red bike - funds are finally coming through! See you then...

Colin

...some of us know what's going on!

snail

:-) from me too!

sparker

The bike is running great now thanks Doug, smooth as silk. Thanks again, I really enjoyed the visit and thanks for the demo of the 3 wheeler and the VX 2. Like I said, if you add the UV light tubes running underneath it will help sales no end, should it ever come to market!

marcopolo

Ah, for those who feel I am too harsh in my assesment of Vectrix failings, check this guy out!http://evworld.com/journal.cfm?jid=3

marcopolo

Mik
Mik's picture

Ah, for those who feel I am too harsh in my assesment of Vectrix failings, check this guy out!http://evworld.com/journal.cfm?jid=3

The link does not work for me. Anyone having success with it?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

NullPointer

The link does not work for me. Anyone having success with it?

Try: http://evworld.com/currents.cfm?jid=3

R
R's picture

I've already had a look at it.
EV World received the following email from an engineer who formerly worked for Vectrix offering his inside perspective on the company and its woes

After checking the letter, it astonished me:
and an eight hour time to fully recharge

This guy knows about marketing, but it seems it does not know much about the bike. Is he a real engineer in contact with Vectrix? I really doubt this. It is very easy to write anonymous letters...
marcopolo

This guy knows about marketing, but it seems it does not know much about the bike. Is he a real engineer in contact with Vectrix? I really doubt this. It is very easy to write anonymous letters...

Yes I agree, it's not being anonymous, that worries me, but these characters always claim some form of status to add credibility to their observations, that can't be substantiated. Maybe he was a former Vectrix employee, but an engineer?

Which brings me back to the point of the original topic of this thread. If, I was running Vectrix, or even VUK, as in the case of " John Schnoor, Managing Director VUK", I would not allow vague and inaccurate postings by a couple of (well intentioned) service employees! I would feel it my duty, as the highest ranking corporate officer, to make an accurate official statement> This statement would clarify and explain VUK's trading position and the type of services I am able to provide my customers. This would ensure any criticism would be directed to, and dealt with, by me as the boss,in a responsible and businesslike manner.

The bosses of Vectrix, revelled in the glory, publicity, large salaries and overly generous expense accounts in the good times, so it is only fair that they should be the front men in adversity.

Sadly leading from the front, seems to be unfashionable in todays corporate culture!

marcopolo

marcopolo

Thanks Scott.

Greetings to Vectrix UK !

I am still enjoying the South Pacific. As a result I feel a bit cut off from events back in the UK. I have not seen a recent post from VUK for a couple of weeks. How are you guys faring? I hope all is well?

I am currently visiting Samoa, where the government has finally seen sense and changed the road rules to drive on the left! See, that'll teach Sweden to change. No more Volvo's or Saab's, just good British..er Australian cars in Sunny Samoa!

Keep up the good work, by the looks of things, its possible the Vectrix founders may return!

marcopolo

jmap
jmap's picture
Thanks Scott.

(...)I am currently visiting Samoa, where the government has finally seen sense and changed the road rules to drive on the left! (...)

Oh brother... British people... Always against the international rules and systems...

Pages

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage