Vectrix Alternative Battery System. VABS

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
R
R's picture
Re: Vectrix Alternative Battery System. VABS

my fault, after all, this is my first language and your second (or third?)).

You're wellcome!. Actually it's around 3rd-4th. It is not easy for me to think in English, sometimes I translate directly from other languages to English... it will make perfect sense to me, but it would be senseless to those English people who try to read my posts.

On the other hand latest rumours about vectrix talk about a 2010 expanded family, with motorbikes called 50, 125, 250. The planetary gear disappear, and the engine will be placed in front of the rear wheel, connected by a belt transmission: no noise, more efficiency, and cheaper to build. I personally think the vectrix needs a bit longer rear swing arm, and 14' rear diameter to make it as stable as a tmax 500. The gearless engine inside the wheel, the so called end future of efficient electric vehicles, will have to wait. The bikes will be directly available with lithium, some say twice the present capacity, around 7-8 kw/h lithium battery. There will be an upgrading pack available also for Vx1. Some minor details will change also, like the regenerative brake, that will work by using the rear brake lever. I personally like the present system, with inverted lever brakes (front brake lever on the left side). The system performs simply superb. One brake in every hand, and the absolutely incredible feeling of accelerating and braking with a twist of the hand.

Of course, nothing of this stuff can be trusted, they're mere rumours from dreamland.

Drew
Drew's picture

R,
Interesting! I rode the prototype VX-2 recently and that is a 'gearboxless' direct drive motor-in-wheel arrangement, apparently developed in conjunction with E-Max. It was a strange ride in terms of sensation - quite 'pulse' driven at low speeds but then went smooth above 5mph/8kph. It is a neat solution to removing the complicated planetary gearbox and worked really well. I was quite impressed with the VX-2.

With respect to the VX-1E, there was apparently a problem sourcing the lead acid cells and hence some of the VX-1E may have been fitted with reduced capability firmware (hence performance figures) but actually fitted with conventional VX-1 style Ni-MH cells! I'm sure the intention was to fit SLA (Sealed Lead Acid) or similar but if Vectrix was stuck for a supplier of these cells, was in financial difficulties and had orders to fulfil, then what choice would they have had?

Does anyone on this forum have a VX-1E that they are willing to look at - it would be easy to tell!

Best wishes,

Drew

R
R's picture

I was quite impressed with the VX-2.

You were impressed with the Vx2? Really?? That's astonishing... I was totally disappointed. The vx-2 I've tested in Barcelona was a mere expensive toy incapable of anything. Do you owe a vectrix Vx-1? An vx-1 owner would never, absolutely under no circumstance, describe an Vx2 as an impressive motorbike...

The Emax in Barcelona is a complete commercial failure. For the same expensive price of this small, heavy motorbike, incapable of surpassing 45km/h, you can get a teycars or a Goelix with 90 km/h top speed and 3.6 Kwh lipo battery with BMS display. NObody in Barcelona is going to buy those scraps called Emax, and nobody is going to buy a retooled Emax called Vx2 or "50" at those prices. I hope this time Vectrix will know what to do in order to build a successful product line at an affordable price.

Drew
Drew's picture

R,

You have a valid point but I only have my previous 50cc moped experience to compare it to in the same '50cc' category. This VX-2 also had the boost button permanently enabled and it still gave me the same 'whizzing along with no vibrations' experience of the VX-1. I was not comparing it directly to the performance of the VX-1 which I feel is more akin to a 400cc machine in terms of acceleration. I have covered 7,300miles (11,750kms) on my VX-1 and it would be unfair to compare the two; they are not like for like. I also did not ask what selling price it would be available for so do not have that to add to the equation! I wholeheartedly agree with you about second time around products; let's hope that what Vectrix produces if/when it gets bought and re-structured, it will only be better than what is currently available.

Best wishes,

Drew

Drew

snail

With respect to the VX-1E, there was apparently a problem sourcing the lead acid cells and hence some of the VX-1E may have been fitted with reduced capability firmware (hence performance figures) but actually fitted with conventional VX-1 style Ni-MH cells!

That's exactly what I heard. As you say, if Vectrix were in dire financial trouble and had a stockpile of NiMH cells, why would they buy in more cells?

Isn't hindsight wonderful?

Cheers,

Brian

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation