How to register a Vectrix Warranty Claim before the deadline in early January 2010....

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mik
Mik's picture
How to register a Vectrix Warranty Claim before the deadline in early January 2010....

How to register a Vectrix Warranty Claim before the deadline in early January 2010.

How about you get yourselves organized a bit and act before it's too late?

Under this heading others might find it - just in case it is not so easy to come across by chance.

It has been mentioned off-topic in other threads, but maybe it would help to discuss "How to register a Vectrix Warranty Claim before the deadline in early January 2010" here in some detail.

Who knows if you will ever see any money if you register a Vectrix Warranty Claim before the deadline in early January 2010.

So, if it is not too much trouble, please reply if you know how to do this.

And use loads of keywords, like: "How to register a Vectrix Warranty Claim before the deadline in early January 2010" so that search engines find it, too!

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: How to register a Vectrix Warranty Claim before the ...

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Magendanz
Magendanz's picture

Okay, I've filled mine out using the online Proof of Claim form. This is the Official Form 10 (12/08) in PDF format, which more easily allows you to fill in the blanks.

One question still bugs me though, since I have two warranty claim scenarios (that I'm sure are fairly common):

- My main motor control fuse blew. Even though Vectrix was in receivership, my dealer was able to find replacement parts and get the bike up and running. However, I was required to pay for all parts and service to get my bike back, since the dealer knew that warranty claims weren't being paid.

- My battery failed due to a blown cell. When I took this to the dealer, they were able to diagnose the cause, but were basically powerless to fix the problem because Vectrix was unable to send them replacement parts. The warranty would normally call for a battery replacement, but that option simply wasn't available.

I'm pretty confident that I can claim the first failure, but can I claim the second? Warranty replacement batteries are $6102.21USD according to the Vectrix spare parts list, but I haven't yet paid that out of pocket. If I don't try to claim it now, am I stuck with the damaged battery?

Mik
Mik's picture

I'm pretty confident that I can claim the first failure, but can I claim the second? Warranty replacement batteries are $6102.21USD according to the Vectrix spare parts list, but I haven't yet paid that out of pocket. If I don't try to claim it now, am I stuck with the damaged battery?

The US$2,000,000 would be enough for 327 battery warranty claims!

If you are putting in a claim anyway, then of course, claim for the failed battery.

It will be interesting to see if posts on VisforVoltage count as evidence in these proceedings!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

israndy
israndy's picture

Umm... It seems that the bankruptcy claims are for people who have already had service done to their bike.

I bought my bike in response to the Vectrix website going down. Thought the company was a goner. One dealer called me an "Ambulance Chaser" trying to get a deal on a bike. But now it occurs to me that the dealer might not have been able to submit the sale to Vectrix. How do they know about a bike being purchased? Is it thru the dealer portal on the website that was and may still be down? Was there a registration card in the box (box?). When does my warranty start if we do get warranty here in the states?

Thoughts?

-Randy

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage