Help - Hibernating Vectrix!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
nhr2123
Help - Hibernating Vectrix!

I have an 04/2007 1000mile Vectrix which had a software update in early April this year.

Just after, I left the lights on in the garage one night to then find it would not charge or show any sign of life! Since then I had been waiting on Vectrix hoping that the administration issues would sort out – so its now been standing unused and uncharged for over 6 months.

I understand that it has most probably fallen below a threshold voltage. I heard that there may be some kind of special slow charger being developed for such issues?

Really a cry for help! Advice, contacts even any DIY things I may be able to try - I'm reasonably technical. Where is the easiest place to just measure the voltage to be sure it is a deep discharge issue?

I’m located in Surrey, UK.

Thanks,

Nigel

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture
Re: Help - Hibernating Vectrix!

Nigel,

I have done some serious reading on this forum over the past weeks and the best thing for you is to read about the "universal freddy" which is a DIY charger. Just use the search tool and search for Freddy and the right threads appear.

I also read one post where somebody purchased a 300$ device on e-bay.

However your warrenty might get void if you start using such a "universal freddy"

I also read about some plans in the UK to start dealing with the warrenty claims again. So this may also be an option to look at.

Good luck
kc

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

undead

Have you tried contacting Hesketh UK or Steve Scott yet? They may be able to provide some insight as to a "plan B" for you.

HarryS

I suggest you get on EBAY and but a regulated DC power supply. I did just that and obtained a Sorensen 150V 3A regulated DC supply for $300. I opened the ike and installed direct wires from the back terminals to under the seat. I put a diode on the positive lead, you may put one on the negative as well. I installed 30Ah Anderson connectors on the charger end. Now I can hook the bike up for trickle charing (0.3-0.8A) or if the voltage drops too low, charge it at 3A for a few hours to bring it back to life. If you dont want to disconnect the battery, just unscrew the terminals enough to slip a crimp on spade conector between the bolt and the next washer.

R
R's picture

What a shame the bike SW didn't turn off the system automatically to save the battery!
You only need to bring the voltage up to 85 volts. No need for a 150v charger, 90v can be be ok.
A reva (g.wiz) dealer in Barcelona once resurrected a vectrix with a special Reva charger, used to recover the reva's damaged batteries.
Any experienced EV dealer may be able to help you. However, as you are in UK, you may still have warranty. Please consider contacting Hesketh UK before DIY and getting void your warranty.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage