Hi all. I am trying to wire my horn & lights direct to a 12v 7h battery.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
AEROSTAR21
Hi all. I am trying to wire my horn & lights direct to a 12v 7h battery.

Hi, I have been into scoots for awhile now and need a little help with wiring direct my lights and horn to a 12v 7ah battery I have fried 2 converters and I have a 60v battery system. One converter worked ok from EVParts until I added the other battery, just wasn't thinking 13.8v was only thinking 12v x 5=60. Then ordered a so called 72v converter from Thunderstruck and when I pulled the sticker back it had read the same as the 1st one I fried 30-60, but was lasered printed w/ 72v?; called and asked about it and was told don't worry it will work. I said if it fries I want my money back, he said yea no prob. I had it at a automotive electrician they hooked up and it fried...My delemia is I am out of work and can't afford any more burning of money I don't have and can't afford the $90.00 for a real 72v converter! I don't know what scooter I have it's not named! The wires going into the converter from the scooter are 1 red, 1 black and one green w/red strip. Then the converter was wired w/ 1 red, 1 black and one yellow. So here is my question: what the hell is the green w/ red stripe for? (My guess is the horn). Can someone please help me and tell me just how to wire this setup; (toggle + lights and horn to 12v 7ah battery) up correctly without fring anything else?
I would appreciate any help you can offer me here please!
Thanks a lot,
Steven

robert93
robert93's picture
Re: Hi all. I am trying to wire my horn & lights direct to a ...

I may not have the color code help, but do have a question. Is the output side tested for shorts? If the other converter fried that easily, sounds like something on the 12V side might be faulty. Just another puzzle piece to check.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage