Rack or cargo box big enough to care a Honda EU2000i

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
yamez4u
Rack or cargo box big enough to care a Honda EU2000i

I'm looking for information on buying a Rack or cargo box for my Vertrix, to carry around a Honda EU2000i generator for those long trips when I'm not sure I'll find a plug. Someone has to already be doing this?

HarryS
Re: Rack or cargo box big enough to care a Honda EU2000i
Anderson

It might be interesting to know that in the above post the subject was brought up if there was a way of powering the Vectrix with a gas generator while ridding it and there wasn't, that might now be possible with the charger invented by The Laird see http://visforvoltage.org/forum/7912-nimh-battery-problems-and-cures . If that worked you could probably use a much smaller generator but it would have to generate 240 VAC to run The Laird's Vectrix charger.

HarryS

Of course you are thinking about a direct wiring to the battery via diodes since the charger won't come on when powered or vice versa.
Even then, I don't think that makes much sense. The max amperage you could draw from a 1800 Watt generator at 150V would be 12A. That is assuming a big powersupply and no losses. I have a 3A regulated power supply that weighs as much as this gennie and would be too big to lug around. At 12A, how much of a dent will you be making into the available charge while riding? You are drawing anywhere from 30-100A as you are driving. Furthermore, from an energy point of view, you are better off driving a gas powered scooter or motorcycle than going gas->AC->DC. Belive me, when you use a small generator such as the EU2000i from Honda, you go through 1 gallon gas in 2h which would give you at best 30 miles of riding. So the best you do is 30/mpg. Thats not good.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage