7100 watt ZEV w/3 speeds-world’s fastest electric scooter - US$7237

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
MitchJi
Re: 7100 watt ZEV w/3 speeds-world’s fastest electric ...

Dear Mik,

I just noticed that in three days this thread has 294 views. Seems to be a lot of interest in a quality scooter that addresses some of the shortcomings of the Vectrix.

That's because of your rather inappropriate plugging of this hype and vapour ware into the Vectrix forum, where it does not belong. Had you posted it elsewhere, there would have been a lot less interest!

Start a forum for this scooter and see how much views and responses you get!

I don't believe a word of these ads until at least a few owner reports come through. And then, there is still the uncertainty that any part of this scooter could be different from the one tested, because they come under so many different trade names.

I don't agree that its inappropriate on a forum devoted to the Vectrix, which is arguably the worlds best electric scooter but that obviously has some major problems to post a link and quotes based on a test ride that stated that both this scooter and the Vectrix are high quality scooters and that this scooter had slightly better performance. This is supported by the fact that there has been some genuine interest in this product. Also "plugging of this hype and vapour ware" seems excessively harsh.

Regardless I think your critical/harsh/hostile response is surprising for someone who is so helpful and its more inappropriate than any offense I might have committed. I was trying to think of a constructive response when I remembered this story (you can sometimes learn a lot from the lives of great men):

A man visited Lord Buddha when he was living in the forest and started criticizing him. He continued until it got dark. When the man realized it was dark he was worried about finding his way home and started to leave.

Buddha said before you go I would like to ask you one question:
"If someone brings you a present which you don't accept who does the present belong to?"

The man said "it belongs to the person who brought it."

Buddha said:
"Brother, listen to me: if the receiver refuses to accept the gift offered
to him it remains with the giver. I refuse to accept the gift you have
brought for me."

Then he gave him a lantern to help him find his way home.

So I have tried my best, with somewhat limited success, not to accept your "gift".

But they are all made in China, cheaply, not necessarily badly, but with bugger all regard for the environment or for the health of the workers. They are cheap because no kind of "triple bottom line" is used.

So purchasing a $9k-$11k scooter made in Poland with a $5k Chinese battery pack is better than purchasing a $7.5k scooter assembled in the U.S. with $5k-6.5k of Chinese components?

Best Wishes!

Mitch

MAbike

please -consider that the "9k-11K" scooter built in Poland is subsizided because Vx bought so many NiMH batteries in 2007! With a bill of materials 13.5k not even counting overhead, it is easily selling for half of what they should have been charging..

So when a $7.5 k scooter is offered, if its business model is viable, it needs to be examined. I dont know about this ZEV bike, but I hope its good. I can tell you that if you buy or produce your own drive train components and you supervise production and conduct pre delivery inspections before shipping bikes, you can deliver reliable AND affordable bikes from China (see Plug in Drive Tech). I also think we need quality and technology BEFORE design.. So we shoudl have no problem with a company invetsing in technology instead of hundreds of thousands in tooling.

R
R's picture

Hey MitchJi,

you immediately started slamming it based on nothing but the fact that it uses mostly Chinese components.

I must apologise for the misunderstanding. As I've said before, there are 9 brands importing this scooter near home. I was lucky to have a close look at one unpanneled teycars cantabrico, another look at a completely dismantled Goelix taiga, and a brief glimpse to a Bereco Voltio. I could notice some minor differences between them (different components, different plastic quality), but the Chinese frame/brakes/wheel diameter etc were the same. I thought incorrectly that the scooter you posted, which shows the exact-same shape of the 3 I know, had a similar quality.

Please, let me explain why I got so nervous:
I'm trying to convince my friends to try electric motorbikes.
They like the taste of electric scooters, but some buy cheap chinese. And look at what happended: two friends had damaged - unbalanced thundersky batteries, another a small accident (front wheel locked on wet). They are giving up and buying petrol scooters again. MitchJi, this is why I'm getting very nervous with this Chinese scooters. They behave so bad that my friends don't want them any more, and they are returning to the fossil burners. These scooters are ruining any "faith"/confidence in electric vehicles. I personally believe that we must ask for good quality electric scooter that must safely outperform traditional gas scooters.

They were working on meeting 0-60 MPH time of less than 4 seconds and they had trouble sourcing a 2 speed gearbox

About the tesla.. that's True: With the first speed they achieved over 60 mph in 4 seconds, and with the second speed they optained 120 MPH.But adds complexity, weight, and friction.
I'm not sure, but I think the problem was that the tremendous torque of the engine broke some transmission box. With one single speed, they achieved a clean solution, more power and more torque.. with more range! In my opinion, if the engine is well designed, the vehicle does not need any speed gearbox. ;-)

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Dear Mik,

I just noticed that in three days this thread has 294 views. Seems to be a lot of interest in a quality scooter that addresses some of the shortcomings of the Vectrix.

That's because of your rather inappropriate plugging of this hype and vapour ware into the Vectrix forum, where it does not belong.

I don't agree that its inappropriate on a forum devoted to the Vectrix

MitchJi - please don't insult your readers' intelligence. You made a post with a headline that screams marketing. It's a one line advertisement. The post then makes a bunch of claims as to why the ZEV is better than the VX-1. Posting it in a Vectrix forum and claiming to be better than Vectrix is in no way in support of the Vectrix community. Personally, I'd have more respect for you and for the ZEV company which you promote if you simply said "Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, perhaps the moderator can move it?"

I've been guilty of posting CuMoCo information to the wrong places - and I've made a good faith effort to respect the community by now posting stuff in the right places.

It's a small thing to ask that folks be polite (that goes to you too Mik - even when provoked by these sorts of shenanigans)

David (the moderator) : Please consider moving this thread to a ZEV category. Thanks.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

strawhistle

A-MEN!!! I would have looked at your post just because you claim a 7100W motor!
I have come to the conclusion that the Vectrix people here are in a separate "clas" ! they tend to be Impotent People,with above average intelligence,I think they think this page is for them. and you need to make your Own page . I m not going to carry a long dialog about This !!!! LaTeR

thank GOD I wake up above ground !!!!

turok
turok's picture

... they tend to be Impotent People,with above average intelligence...

Strawhistle... then what are you doing here?

"doing nothin = doing nothing wrong" is invalid when the subject is environment

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

I live near their Pittsburgh facility. I will try to get out for a test ride this weekend.

Paul - any news on when you might be able to do a test ride?

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

PJD
PJD's picture

I posted my test ride report as a separate thread under "electric motorcycles and large scooters" (no sub-topic).

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/10045-test-ride-zev-scooters

Paul D.

Pages

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage