XM-2000 with Twelve Month Warranty

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
XM-2000 with Twelve Month Warranty

XM-2000 with 12 month Parts/Support Warranty: $3999

If the X-Treme XM-2000 Electric Moped was to include a one year parts and support warranty, what would you like to see included in that, and at what price would you be willing to invest?

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Re: XM-2000 with Twelve Month Warranty

Hello? No comments?

I thought price didn't matter - it was service and quality.

What's the price on a similar moped?

I'll see about matching warranty-to-warranty and price-for-price.

Sheesh, I'll even include the lightbulbs!

Here's a good one - 30 day warranty on the moped, 12 months on just the light bulbs! :D ;)

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

amp_head
amp_head's picture

Here's a good one - 30 day warranty on the moped, 12 months on just the light bulbs! Laughing out loud Eye-wink

How about 12 months on the horn to? LOL :)

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

LOL! Lifetime on the horn just because I've never heard of one going bad. :)

That's worth four grand for that peace of mind, right?

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

davew
davew's picture

"Lifetime on the horn just because I've never heard of one going bad."

The horn on my Emax went bad. I eventually found the part to replace it, but it took some doing.

--
"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Unsurprisingly when push comes to shove most folks aren't quite ready to part with cash quite as easily as they talk about paying for quality over price.

It is surprising (and, I believe, well documented in other industries) that a price too low can put customers off because of the bias relating to "you get what you pay for". I happen to think that one usually does get what one pays for - however, in a new field like this where there aren't any pre-established notions of what an e-moped "should" cost then there are those that insist that the higher priced models simply must be of better quality. Phooey!

I'm still waiting for the day when we can get some independent side by side comparisons. Of course, even better would be the JD Powers survey of vehicle quality and customer satisfaction. However, with probably only a couple of hundred e-mopeds out there I doubt either of these things will happen any time soon.

John H.
Blue XM-2000
Ann Arbor, MI

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

andrew
andrew's picture

I think the "you get what you pay for" stigma is always somewhat true to any market. It is certainly possible that many of us here have undue bias simply because the xtreme is priced low and we associate it with some of xtreme's cheap scooters. However, it appears to be of higher quality than other xtreme products. So raising the price might actually make it look like it is a better more valuable product.

I have to admit, I'm developing a bias against the Z20 just because it is priced low. But this is based on more objective reasoning, such as: how can it have battery balancing, or high quality components at that price? I'm a very objective buyer, I research what I buy through and through, and then I buy the cheapest for what is offered, but I think I'm the exception.

I think the question is: How subjective is your market. Car's have a very subjective market, and people will buy it if you just tell them to in the right way, and if you are good enough you can get them to pay the price you want too. But you can't practice any in-person sales tricks over the internet.

You also need to think about buyer's expectations. You'll get much more complaining from customers if they think they bought a crappy product with lots of things breaking at a higher price. Is the xtreme XM2k really a high quality product? How much time and effort will you have to deal with customers.

And the simple fact that not as many people have say $2100 to spend as $1900 so in theory all things being equal and smart buyers more will buy at $1900. But we've already established that this is questionable.

I'd suggest raising the price in steps and see what happens. $1984.99 might be a good start. If a lot of people visit xtreme's site than they won't pay more than the listed $1999.00.

Also if you are going to offer a longer warranty I think you should install battery balancing and check the scooters out before having them shipped to customers. I think some will be willing to pay more so this may be best offered as an option.

---
Avatar taken from http://www.electricmotorbike.org/
My KZ750 Project: here

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage